“A great weekend getaway”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Burswood
Reviewed November 20, 2013

We recently had our 2nd stay at crown Metropole Perth. Pretty sure we were put next door to our former room !! This hotel is great ! The rooms have been refurbished beautifully. They are modern simple and elegant . Both times we have had pool/city view rooms which is lovely.
The bathroom is huge and has a great rain shower. Lovely big tub, that we never quite get around to using.
Unfortunately our rooms were not ready on check in (well after 3pm) but yeh staff were apologetic and provided us with drink vouchers which eased our thirst.
I simply love the pool at this hotel and could send hours laying around it if it were not for the distraction of the many great restaurants, bars and of course the casino. We are planning a stay again in Feb and I hope to use the spa as it looks devin !!

The staff are great at this hotel, they truly are world class

Room Tip: Be sure to become a crown member and look out for great accommodation rates via the card.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

A posted a great review of the Crown Metropol when my fiance and I stayed there when we had our engagement party at Minq Bar in the Crown Complex. We booked our wedding there as well, in the Astral Ballroom, but the service we received in the hotel for our 3 day stay was not up to scratch. It just seemed like no one knew what was going on... I requested an upgrade to the loft to assist with preparations on the wedding day (as we were going to have 12 people crammed into that one room), and as a back up, my maid of honour's room be adjoining to mine so we can spread out - both these requests were not honoured. They accidentally sent a bottle of wine to my brother's room instead of mine, they accidentally set up our pre-reception drinks in one of our guests' rooms instead of ours, I was walked in on by room service, one of my bridesmaids was so upset with the hotel that she asked if they could decorate our room with rose petals for when we got back after the reception - this was also not done, our room key was cancelled half way through the reception so when I popped back to my room to change shoes I was locked out! All of these things you do not need on your wedding day, and I was disappointed that I wasn't made to feel special or even looked after on my wedding day by the hotel, especially after spending about $14,000 :( If you choose to have your wedding at the Crown, expect the bare minimum, it just feels like they aren't fussed as they have so many weddings there... All take and no give.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kelly M
Shaun D, General Manager at Crown Metropol Perth, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2013

Thank you for your feedback.

I was disappointed to read that you did not have a positive experience with us during your stay with us on your wedding night. I apologise for this, especially considering the great service you experienced on your previous stay.

I would welcome the opportunity to discuss your stay when convenient. I can be contacted on 08 9362 8888. I look forward to speaking with you in due course.

Reviewed November 17, 2013

For $580-odd you get check in to a basic room on the smoker's 5th floor. The room has that familiar smell of ash, the voice of the vocalist drifts up from the foyer (she is good but for anyone that flew in from the east coast on the late flight, you probably don't want that to continue until 10pm/1am Sydney time.

I booked the hotel believing that it would be a replica of the wonderful Melbourne hotel (one of Australia's best). How disappointing wrong I was. It is the original Burswood casino hotel. The rooms now have baths and the usually good Crown amenities, but it is massively overpriced and very basic.

It is a $20 cab ride to a from city. If you are staying here, make sure you allow 20 mins wait for a taxi.

On the positive, the front desk and concierge where able to change rooms to a twin single bed non-smoking (as booked) upon request.

Room Tip: If you don't book a city hotel and choose to stay here, make sure you reiterate that you want a...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for posting a review on tripadvisor.

I'm glad to read that the team were able to change your room when requested. I apologise that your preference for a non smoking room was not noted on your profile, although not guaranteed, every effort is made to meet the preferences of our guests. I have also passed on your feedback regarding the entertainment in the lobby and the volume that was experienced during your stay.

We do hope to get the opportunity to change your perception of Crown Metropol Perth in the future. Thanks again for your review.

Reviewed November 16, 2013

Stayed in a king deluxe room with park view ( car park ) rooms are great big bath lots of room and cheap by Aussie standards at $249 with breaky at the atrium which was very good specially the steak with bernaise sauce .we had meals at noodle 88 which was a bit plain 8 dishes everybody said the same ,and at junction grill late night snack 400 gm rib eye and chips with mushroom sauce ,with a beer $50 lasted longer then putting through the pockies
Spent the day at the pool what great pool area heaps of pools ,water slide for the little kids .
Only thing I hated was paid pool loungers ,I thought we paid for the pool area when we booked the hotel lounger prices $30 to $275 .but could do with more entertainment poolside for adults & kids

Reviewed November 10, 2013

Fabulous hotel with views over the city. Excellent standard of service from the staff. We enjoyed the King Spa Suite package which allowed us access to Level 9 for complementary drinks and nibbles from 5.30 − 7pm and breakfast. Felt like our own little private experience. I would HIGHLY recommend paying the $40 for a pool side water bed to completely relax and enjoy the absolutely brilliant pool area. Thanks for a wonderful little stay Crown.

Room Tip: Go for the package which allows for access to Level 9 lounge. The staff were fabulous and made it a...
1  Thank Jeanette S
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Turned up after 8pm to find my room booked out so I was upgraded to the loft. Score! The downside, I was only stopping over in Perth and would be checking out at 5.30am. Still, just having a few hours in the luxury setting was quite the treat. Loved it.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

Waited 25 mins in a long queue to check in. Why would such a large Hotel only have capacity for four receptionists at check in time? We didnt think room at $495 per night was value for money. Bathroom floor flooded every time we showered and hanging space in wardrobe was miniscule. Add $60 for a 2 hour late checkout and $40 for valet parking with NO breakfast included for a total of $595 dollars and we left somewhat disappointed.

• Stayed: November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.

I apologise for the wait you experienced on arrival, and take your feedback on board. We do have team members located on the wings of the reception desk as well, which cannot be seen directly from the front. Please be assured that every effort is made to have all terminals manned at our busy times.

I have also passed on your feedback regarding the flooding from the drain to our Maintenance Manager. We do have accommodation packages available including breakfast and valet parking, perhaps these may be more suitable to your needs.

We hope to welcome you back to Crown Metropol in the future. Thanks for your feedback.

Crown Metropol Perth

Also consider these accommodations in or near Burswood
Crown Towers Perth
East Perth
Pan Pacific Perth
Pan Pacific Perth
#15 of 66 in Perth

Been to Crown Metropol Perth? Share your experiences!