“Glam”

Crown Metropol Perth
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Burswood
Reviewed September 16, 2013

A bit over the top with the glitz factor, but the rooms were wonderful, except for what one would think is the most important part...the bed. The one in my room was old and tired and had a dip in the side I slept..not good for an expensive hotel. The manager would be well served to go to the States and try a Trump hotel bed which are fabulous and the room rate is on a par with Perth.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank sterrey
Shaun D, General Manager at Crown Metropol Perth, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

Thanks you for your feedback.

I'm glad to read that you found our rooms worderful. I apologise for the state of your bed, which has been passed onto our housekeeping manager.

We do hope to see you at Crown Metropol in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Shaun D'Cruz
Crown Metropol Perth

Write a ReviewReviews (1,626)

Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

I booked a night at the metropol for hubby's birthday. I booked through the entertainment book and we stayed in a king spa room. Included in our deal was access to the hotel's 9 lounge that came with complimentary canapés and drinks between 5:30 - 7pm and breakfast the following morning.

All in all, I paid $280. As the room is one step down from the top of the range (as per the website), I was expecting something special.

Check in was a wonderful experience; the customer service was second to none. I advised the staff we were staying for my husband's birthday and they delivered a complimentary bottle of wine to our room; such a nice touch.

The room they provided was smoking so we went straight to reception to ask for a swap. This wasn't a problem but the room wasn't ready. To make up for this, the staff offered free drinks in the lounge bar and free drinks in the level 9 lounge. We waited no more than an hour and it was ready.

The hotel is surrounded by a number of restaurants from the very expensive to the food court containing mcdonalds and subway.

It is such a wonderful setting but the room was a disappointment. The decor is a bit dated and the rooms were on the small side. This day in age, I would have expected free wifi access but then such a large hotel may struggle to provide such a service.

The room was spotless with excellent amenities such as lots of fresh fluffy towels, shampoo, conditioner, soap and a hair dryer.

Also in the rooms were large fluffy robes and complimentary thongs; another nice touch.

The experience in the 9 lounge was excellent. The staff are second to none and are a credit to the hotel. I honestly felt like a celebrity at times! The canapés are sufficient but I felt myself getting drunk very quickly on the free flowing alcohol.

We decided to head off for our evening meal when we both found ourselves abit unsteady on our feet so we ordered room service. (Our husband and I drink little so this is by no means a poor reflection on the hotel and their RSA requirements).

On returning to the room, there was complimentary chocolates awaiting us!

Room service was prompt and delicious. It was abit on the expensive side, but no more expensive than the other restaurants in the complex.

Breakfast the following morning was delicious. There was great selection of food on offer from a cooked breakfast, pastries, fruit, yoghurt, cereal, cold meats and cheese.

Check out itself was a breeze, however, when asked if I used anything from the mini bar and informed them no, she called for someone to check.

Whilst waiting for the check to be completed, another guest was checking out and was asked the same question about his mini bar usage. He was not made to wait for such a check to be completed. That throughly annoyed me.

Overall, our stay was a complete pleasure. Yes, I would stay again with the same package but in a cheaper room. It is not worth paying extra for such a poorly appointed room.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank LongtimeLiz
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Booked in for a weekend surprise for a special birthday and we had an amazing time. The room was opulent and comfortable. Great service from the staff upon check in.. wished my partner a Happy Birthday upon arrival. Sent up champagne to the room as a gift from the hotel and overall very personalised and friendly service. Amazing dinner at Nobu with great food and cocktails. Stormy night outside but perfectly warm and glamorous within the hotel. Definitley recommend spending every cent for a short weekend mini break. Left feeling well rested and rejuvenated.

hems81

Room Tip: Rooms on first floor - above the restaurant. Pool outlook.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 14, 2013

My daughter and I booked to stay at the Metropol to celebrate our birthdays. We planned to have dinner at the Atrium and a visit to the casino.
We booked the hotel about a month beforehand and joined the Crown Club to make use of their room discount and other benefits.
We arrived at the hotel about 4pm, found underground parking close to an entrance and carried our bags upstairs to check in. We only had one small bag each.
There was a short queue but did not take long. The staff were very pleasant and and offered us a lovely non smoking room with a view of the river. We mentioned birthdays and were offered chocolates or champagne in our room (we opted for the chocolates).... I must add, the chocolates were excellent, hand crafted, parcels of pure enjoyment!

Our room was located at the very back of the hotel and was lovely and quiet. It was clean and smelled fresh. We unloaded our baggage and relaxed for a few hours until dinner. The only hiccup was that the paid part of the tv/ movies had not been activated and we had to make a call to room services. I spoke to a very helpful woman who said she would sort it out. She was Asian and had an accent, but her command and understanding of english was excellent.

Dinner at the Atrium was the only disappointment. We have dined there several times, but this was the first time since the renovations and restructuring from Burswood to Crown. I believe dinner used to be $50 to $55 which was reasonable for dinner and the selection provided. Dinner is now $75 and there is less selection.
I was very disappointed with the ambiance though. There was music in the restaurant, then a singer outside the restaurant and more music from elsewhere - all too much. There were children running around, uncontrolled by parents (who seemed to think it was fine). Many people looked like they had just walked in off the street with track pants & sneakers on, or worse. Reminded me of a Sunday session at Sizzler. I thought if you went to a nice restaurant, people would at least try to look clean and presentable.
The staff were all lovely and helpful. We received a complimentary glass of champagne and a birthday cake. Cocktails were $18 each - a bit overpriced for what they were, and not very nice to drink, very sour.

Its been 25 years since my last visit to the casino and a lot had changed. All the machines are the electronic variety in which you put your money & wave bye, bye. The dress standards are non existent and it really looked like most visitors were pensioners or consistent gamblers without 2 cents to rub together. Track pants, sloppy jeans, sneakers, and unwashed bodies seem to be the norm. There were a few near punch ups which the bouncers took care of quickly, thankfully. Threre were lots of glasses and rubbish around too. The casino looked a lot cleaner on the Saturday morning when we went back for another try, but the wildlife was pretty much the same.

In all I would stay at the Metropol again but would tie it in with a show or ballet to make it more enjoyable.

Room Tip: If you like a quiet room, ask for one. Book in advance if possible. Do a bit of research on whats...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 14, 2013

We chose to stay at the Crown Metropol Perth the night of our Wedding. For a few reasons; the recent renovations, the range of restaurants etc to choose from for the following day, being able to have a quick gamble if we wanted and previously enjoyed stays at the hotel. We were not slightly disappointed with our decision. We arrived to the hotel shortly before Midnight, didn't have to wait to check in and were surprised with the most amazing free upgrade we've ever been given. The room was incredible. We had a chilled bottle of Champagne waiting for us. We couldn't believe the kind gesture - we were on one of the highest levels, with an enormous balcony, insanely large apartment room with a spa and romantic view of the City lights from the elite bedroom window that stretched the length of the room. It was the icing on the cake after such an amazing day at our Wedding and really topped off such a perfect day. Staff were friendly, we weren't kept waiting at all and luckily, scored no charge on the room service we got early that Morning! Couldn't find one fault with our experience. We really appreciated the upgrade and all the freebies, especially when it was so unexpected!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank youngbrokefabulous
Reviewed September 13, 2013

I scouted plenty of hotels throughout Perth before settling on this for the luxury it offers. Furnishings are sleek and modern; unlike a lot of Perth hotels. Perfect sleeping, large spa bath, lots of mirrors, great river view, the best pool in the whole of WA. Seriously, if poolside time figures into your idea of a getaway, Crown Metropol can be your only choice. The cabanas, loungers, variety of pool areas & depths, from small & private to kids fun on the slide.
Did I mention the HUGE variety at the buffet breakfast? Club breakfast wasn't as wide a selection, but satisfying enough.
I'd recommend going with a partner or family, or wait, just practically anyone! Your kids will love you for the pool area and there's plenty of night-life on site to party the night away. BBQ in the surrounding gardens, anyone? Plenty of space for long walks/bike rides. Sunsets over water, afternoon river breezes and the sounds of lapping water. Of course, there's the casino. And so convenient to enjoy fine dining 5 mins from your room - making it a short walk in your heels :) Pricey, but you remember your stay. If it was a choice between Perth's Pan Pacific club rooms and the Crown Metropol (both 5-stars), choose Crown. (The Hyatt's clubroom has a great view too, but their rooms lack the luxe feel and feel bare for the space.) My boyfriend got a little irritated at check-in and checkout required a wait, but everything else overshadows those necessary evils. I didn't try the spa, but it looked extremely promising and the gym is well-equipped.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 13, 2013

I was here on business. The hotel is in between a conference centre and the casino. My room was clean, tastefully decorated and appropriately equipped for a hotel of this rating. The entrance to the room was on a balcony overlooking the atrium; noise from the atrium could disturb my sleep.

The daily charge for the internet was exorbitant and there was no option for a multi day deal. The charge may be in line with other local hotels but was still excessive.

The service was adequate but nothing special.

Best part of the hotel was having breakfast at the coffee shop/bar just inside the entrance.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burswood
Crown Towers Perth
Hyatt Regency Perth
#20 of 66 in Perth
Crowne Plaza Perth
#19 of 66 in Perth

Been to Crown Metropol Perth? Share your experiences!