“First class”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Burswood
Perth, Australia
“First class”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Since it has had a major facelift and new owners this place looks fantastic. The number of upmarket restaurants and refurbished rooms makes the Metropol a great place to stay. The pool area is so relaxing with a selection of day beds, cabanas and pool lounges. Breakfast at The Atrium was huge with far too many choices even for a growing lad like myself.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (399)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Perth, Western Australia
Reviewed March 14, 2013

The new pool area is stunning. Rooms are spacious, recommend one with a spa, service and amenities outstanding.
Renovations not now so intrusive but recommend a high floor, the views are exceptional.
Only downside that, although I checked 3 separate floors, the ice machines were not working.

Room Tip: Now that the hotel is no longer with the IHG group my Gold Ambassador card is no longer valid. Stil...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Banbridge
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Beautiful rooms with fantastic staff!!
Rooms are very spacious with excellent facilities . We stay here before our cruise and were totally delighted!
Our room was of a very generous since with a great bathroom. This hotel is situated in a large complex with a casino , theatre and several restaurants.
Great atmosphere !
Hop on Hop off bus stops at the hotel for easy travel around the city.

One word BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Kirton in Lindsey, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 13, 2013 via mobile

First time in Perth great city, only hotel with a Casino I'm told, I'm not s gambler but interesting venue, rooms are great service excellent, not cheap but you pay what you get.
If you want quite this is not it, but if you want lively go for it!!!

• Stayed March 2013
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Service was good, friendly and efficient. Room was spacious, funky decor and bed very comfy. View from 25th floor was interesting but mainly of the carpark. I ate in Mr Hive restaurant solo for dinner and service was excellent, food very good (dessert excellent). I stayed here overnight for business but usually stay at the Rialto Intercontinental - would I change? Maybe...let me see what breakfast is like

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 11, 2013

We stayed here for one night before surprising some family members on Christmas day.

We arrived late Christmas Eve after an 8hr flight from Hong Kong and, maybe we had been spoilt by excellent service there, but we die not experience a warm welcome. Check in was functional at best, and we had to carry our own bags up to the room.

Exhausted and desperate for a refreshing drink, we reached for the bottle of Evian on the table and stopped short of opening it on seeing the $8.20 price tag. Tap water for us then - nothing complimentary here. Don't expect anything so modern as free WiFi either - this will set you back $25 for 24hrs... we gave it a miss.

As breakfast was an extra $40 on top of the room and all the restaurants were busy (it being Christmas Morning) we made do with two bacon sandwiches from a garage down the road before checking out. Again, this was a functional experience and to be honest I was glad to leave.

The hotel was something a few years ago but apart from the pool area, it looks and feels dated. Throw in the lack of personal service and complimentary water/internet, I cant image we will be back.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank purplenoodle
Shaun D, General Manager at Crown Metropol Perth, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on our Hotel.

I do apologise that you were not assisted with your baggage on arrival. Your comments regarding being charged for internet and the price of the bottled Evian water has been noted as well. We do have a variety of Hotel packages with inclusions such as breakfast and valet parking, which may be more suitable for your next stay as well as other seasonal packages.

I do hope we get the opportunity to welcome you in the future.

Kind Regards,

Shaun D'Cruz
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed March 9, 2013

I use to stay here regularly - once every 2 weeks however I stopped staying here due to poor service.
The hotel has been continuosly renovating which is fantastic- I really like the new lobby and the world-class pool.

On my last stay:
The food is very nice- congee in room service was superb.

Downside was car parking! costs $40 for valet and on a Fri or Sat night I drive around for 15 just to find parking! With all this renovation and new restaurants and bars and club they should build more parking space.

I found many staff were exceptionally rude and the hotel needs to train its staff to a 5 star level.
Concierge were rude- no smilling, no engagement or interaction when I first arrived at hotel. Reception staff did not bother to explain where to go to access my room and what facilities there are.
The pool staff also rude- staff look sad as if they were attending a funeral. Pearl Room staff also extremely rude as if they did not want to be at work. Parking staff were also rude- i was suppose to havw free car parking and when I pressed the intercom I greeted with a rude man who told me i had to pay when clearly Pearl room members get free parking. this wasted 30 mins of my time

Over all not happy with stay and wont be coming back

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank PrettyFlyTraveller
Thank you for your comments on tripadvisor. I am disappointed to read your feedback on your valet parking experience and the customer service you experienced across all areas you dealt with.

Please be assured that your feedback will be passed onto the appropriate managers and I apologise for the lapse in service. I do hope you give us an opportunity to welcome you in the future.

Kind Regards,

Shaun D'Cruz
Crown Metropol Perth
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burswood
Crown Towers Perth
Pan Pacific Perth
#12 of 64 in Perth
Hyatt Regency Perth
#17 of 64 in Perth

Been to Crown Metropol Perth? Share your experiences!