“Beautiful refurbished rooms”

Crown Metropol Perth
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Burswood
Reviewed February 9, 2013

We stayed in a standard room on our Wedding night (December 2011) and the previous night the Bride and bridesmaids had a suite for getting ready. The rooms were amazing and absolutely beautifully renovated.

Crown Metropol (Burswood Casino) is a large casino / hotel / theatre with lots of atmosphere and activity. One issue with this is is very busy for breakfast, check in and check out.

This is a minor setback with the entertainment being a part of the attraction with several outstanding restaurants, night clubs, casinos and bars.

During our stay the Pool was being renovated however this has since been completed and as you see from the photos is very nice.

The hotel is in a great location and is a short train ride from Perth City and about 15 minutes from the International Airport.

The standard room was a great size for two people. There is a sofa, large king size bed and a large tub with separate shower.

The only downfall of the hotel is the price. It is very expensive. If you are looking for a similar styled room but much cheaper then you could look at Fraser Suites, however you won't have the entertainment and restaurants on offer as at Crown.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,630)

Reviewed February 9, 2013

This is without doubt the best hotel in Perth- it's all happening here!
There is an amaxing vibe, the staff are top notch- awesome food and bev to be had at any hour of the day. Decor- fantastic, very elegant and modern. When the footy stadium is completed and there are more shops- this precint will be all I need for a trip to Perth!
Am going to book my next stay here asap!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 8, 2013

This is the second time we have stayed in a year, both times we found some problems. This time when by the pool we could not use the cabanas by the pool unless we paid for them. Not one person was even using them, last time they were free and we were one of only 2 couples using them. Now they are free no one uses them, disappointing. I think the only good thing was that the pool was very nice to swim in.

Now the room, first think I noticed was that the top of the mini bar was still dirty with glass marks from spills and the mirror splash back had not been cleaned either with something sprayed up the glass. A year ago I complained that the clock and the switches on the wall that control the lights and other stuff glow so much at night that it is like there is a light on the whole time, still the same this time, nothing changed. The shower was so small that if I turned sideways I would have one arm touching the wall and the other on the soap shelf. No room to move at all. For the price you pay for a 5 star resort I could stay at another hotel or resort cheaper with better accommodation.

The Atrium restaurant for breakfast had milk in a jug on every table. This was a problem as I had to ask for more milk as the milk had curdled in the sun. Is it so hard to bring milk around with the coffee.

Good things is there is a lot of places to eat and the casino if you like a flutter, with kids though there is a lot less to choose from. Probably won't stay again at the price charged and I can stay at another hotel in Perthfor a lot less with a bigger room, very luxurious, club room for afternoon tea, pre dinner drinks and canapés and breakfast.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank TKHLANE
Shaun D, General Manager at Crown Metropol Perth, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

Thank you for your comments on tripadvisor.

I am disappointed to read your feedback on the cleanliness of the room and have passed this feedback onto our Housekeeping Manager for review. We appreciate the feedback on our day beds at our pool, they are quite popular and do attract a fee and can be used exclusively for the day, however we do have the sun loungers by the pool which are free of charge.

I would welcome the opportunity to discuss your experience further since you have experienced our hotel at different stages of the refurbishment process. When convenient I can be contacted on 08 9362 8888. Thanks once again for you comments.

Kind Regards,

Shaun D'Cruz
Crown Metropol Perth

Reviewed February 7, 2013

I regularly stay at Crown Metropol in Melbourne. Perth hotel will be even better once renovations are complete. Room was spacious, clean and overlooked the pool area. A little noisy from the restaurant. Breakfast in the hotel was great, plenty to choose from and high quality. I will definitely be back.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 7, 2013

We have stayed at the Crown Metropol Perth (formerly Intercontinental Burswood) on many occasions. This time around we booked a king luxe view room interconnecting with a twin luxe view room (for our two kids). This gave us the extra space we really needed given our children are getting that little bit older. Our rooms had views reaching over the Swan River to the city skyline and also across the swimming pools.
The rooms are beautifully appointed with everything you'd expect from a 5 star hotel. The bathrooms are luxurious featuring a bath and separate full shower (with hand held shower head and rain shower head).
Check in process was adequate (although quite a bit slower than most), however there was no bellboy available to help me with the luggage and given I had travelled alone with the kids I really needed the assistance. It took about 10 minutes for someone to come and help with the bags once the valet took our vehicle.
We ate breakfast in the Atrium buffet every morning - it has so many options, but I must say I did prefer it when the Intercontinental ran the restaurant (more options, including fresh juices). It felt as though everything had been parred back a little bit from our last stay. Good news was they were running a special promotion where kids ate free (one child per paying adult).
The pool area is absolutely gorgeous. Multiple areas in which to lounge and relax plus a special area for the kids complete with two slides. We hired one of the day beds in front of the slides ($50 per day) so we could relax and enjoy the experience without the risk of sunburn.
Would have loved to try the new spa but it's excessively expensive! I'll wait until I get home and go to my usual day spa. The addition of the new indoor kids' zone is a welcome addition.
Overall, a great stay, a lovely hotel. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Beachlover_mumoftwo
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Like it's newer cousin in Melbourne, this is a lovely hotel. Rooms are immaculate. Deep and wide bathtub was a treat. Restaurants are expensive but very nice. The pool is delightful but I was surprised to discover that the outdoor pool didn't open until 7am - not ideal for a business traveller wanting to get some laps in before work (there is an indoor pool but much shorter). That said, staff were very friendly and helpful. All in all a lovely place to stay.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Another fabulous experience at Crown Perth. The price might be up there but you get what you pay for. Will return again soon. Breakfast was excellent - take your time to sample the great variety. You need to be in the pool early for a space but so lovely.

Room Tip: Pay the extra for a room with a view lovely to wake up to