“Crown Promenade excellent”

Crown Promenade Perth
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Burswood
“Crown Promenade excellent”
Reviewed March 18, 2014

I was involved with a weekend conference at the Crown. The Promenade was an excellent choice as I had early starts each day. We had so many choices to dine at the Crown everything close by and plenty of parking. Yes you will get noise in corridors from people arriving back to their room after a good night out, and this happens everywhere even at the high end hotels. The noise is
short lived. The staff were so accommodating and
friendly. The price could be a little bit cheaper.

• Stayed March 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (212)
Lake Jackson, Texas
Reviewed March 17, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here in business travel, and the hotel was selected based on nearness to the office. My room was clean and modern, but nothing unusual or especially high-end. Complementary wi-fi is very slow. Breakfast is expensive, and not particularly special. For a few dollars more, try the extensive breakfast next door at the Crown Metropol.

The hotel location is convenient to the casino complex restaurants and shows. There can be quite a bit of late night party noise from the hallways.

There aren't any non-casino complex sites or restaurants within easy walking distance. The best bet for seeing the area without a car, is a moderate walk to the Burswood train station.

If I visit Perth again, I may stay at the Crown Metropol, also in the casino complex. A coworker stayed there for a few dollars more per night, and had a more high-end room, and access to a better pool and better exercise room.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
scotland
Reviewed March 9, 2014

Spent 2 nights recently at this Hotel with my husband and young family on a business trip. Found this hotel to be clean, comfortable and the reception staff to be very helpful and friendly. We asked for information on how to get to various places in perth and they were only too happy to help. This is a fairly decent 4 star hotel, not as fancy as their 5 star down the road but staff are nicer here. Downside is that their breakfast at market & co very pricey but the chef we were speaking to in the morning, his name was Scott, he was very friendly and made sure we were happy and catered for. well done scott, think the 5 star down the road could do with staff like you.

Room Tip: i requested a quiet room before we arrived as it can get noisy
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Perth, Australia
Reviewed March 9, 2014

We got married in Thailand which is not recognised in Australia so on our anniversary we had a legalising ceremony in Burswood Park which we called jokingly our second wedding. We stayed in a Loft room for the night which was quite expensive but we wanted to treat ourselves. I have written a full account of our stay on the blog. I had called in the morning to request an earlier check in and was told by the reception desk that this was not a problem. Unfortunately upon our arrival this was to prove not true; we were informed our room wasn’t ready for another hour and to make ourselves comfortable with our suitcases in tow in the lobby area.
The loft room has an expansive balcony that gives glorious panoramic views of the city’s skyline. It was not as breathtaking as the views from our wedding venue Andara villa resort in Thailand, but it was by no means shabby.The loft itself is of considerable size with a living room, dining room and well stocked kitchen complete with a full mini-bar. On check out we did find that the customer service was not as friendly as I would expect from such an expensive room however should an occasion arise to need such a huge room I would consider getting it again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Chompchompblog
Western Australia
Reviewed March 5, 2014

I had an overnight stay here and I selected the hotel becuase it was not too far from the airport.
The check in was efficient and professional but not friendly.
The room was fine and clean but quite small and it had an odour of cigarette smoke. However I did not stipulate a non smoking room so if I stayed again I would ensure that I asked for non smoking.
Hotel was quiet and beds comfortable.

The major issue I had was the amount of dirty room service trays left in the hotel corridor plus a couple of trolleys of linen. I just felt it gave the hotel a very untidy look.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I was very pleased I was staying at this hotel in Perth, after my excellent experience in Melbourne. Certainly the hotel looked older and the lobby small and sparse, but ok it's 4 star.
However I was to find I could use the Crown facilities of the gym and pool, at the added cost of nearly $50 extra dollars for the gym, and who knows for the plush pools my neighbours had at the Crown next door. At breakfast I asked for al la carte, and was informed I could get a coffee and a muffin for $6, the rest a buffet at a substantial price. Next day, 60 minute wait for a coffee. Cold chicken for my room delivered evening meal. Poor show from such a great group. I will not be staying here again.

• Stayed March 2014
Perth, Australia
Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

Short note to say, terrible experience. From the loud music to 2am, to the unhelpful restaurant staff ( inability to adjust menu items) exorbitant prices both room v's service received and quality of what you receive. CHEAP sparkling wine. Will not be returning.

Stayed March 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burswood
East Perth
#19 of 81 in Perth
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,196 reviews
Crowne Plaza Perth
#20 of 81 in Perth

Been to Crown Promenade Perth? Share your experiences!