“Second stay but failed to impress!”

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Burswood
Neutral Bay, Australia
“Second stay but failed to impress!”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Second stay here in 12 months, however the hotel failed to impress me this time around.
The complex was great as it was last time with an array of bars & restaurants nearby & all allowing a charge back to your hotel room.
However the downsides - where did the Macaroons on arrival go they were such a nice touch?
The room was very average once again, mould in the shower completely put me off, dusty bedside table & desk and the cost of WiFi ridiculous! Called down to the front desk as I had forgotten a toothbrush wanted to charge me $8 what a rort! Many other hotels I have stayed at they will give you a throwaway freebie toothbrush/razor etc.
Now room service that's where this hotel really failed me, ordered bruschetta & it came on a piece of bread un-toasted it was completely unacceptable. The fries I ordered also came with no salt or pepper which I don't understand why should I have to call back to get this delivered.
Also had a problem with the hot water had to wait at least 2 minutes for the shower to heat up every time I showered.
To be honest I don't think I will returning based on the value for money this hotel provides, I have stayed in exquisite hotels for $250 per night.
Overall very disappointed.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Caureen M, General Manager at Crown Promenade Perth, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Dear eeliechick,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor on your recent experience at Crown Promenade Perth.

In regards to the macaroons, we had a patisserie chef in Perth who only specialised in making macaroons, as you remembered they were quite something special, however the chef whom supplied us is on maternity leave, however we have sourced another macaroon which lives up to the standard and we receive our first order shortly, the ingredients are sourced from Paris.

I have passed on your comments to the Housekeeping Manager whom is following this up with the team; we are often highly praised for our cleanliness and would welcome to discuss this further with you direct.

We now offer complimentary wifi for all hotel guests staying at the Crown Promenade Perth, we took onboard the feedback and implemented this.

Your comments regarding room service have been forwarded to the Chef, I do apologise for the service you received and again can address this with you direct.

Once again thank you for your feedback, and look forward to hearing from you.

Caureen.mcatee@crownperth.com.au

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (213)
Rockingham, Australia
Reviewed September 10, 2013

stayed here several times and the last was not good for the $$$$, room was not as clean as you would expect from a hotel of this type, glass's had tide marks, dust you could wright your name in, bed was small, bar closed at 11pm on a Saturday night. I sent an email of my disgust to the hotel and they have never replied

Room Tip: go next door
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Paul L,

I am disappointed to read of your stay and would appreciate if you might forward the email that you send to the hotel direct to me at caureen.mcatee@crownperth.com.au

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Stayed here after a delay at the airport. The service on arrival was non-existant and the extra costs (wifi and an extra hour for late check out $35 AD) made this one of the worst value for money hotels I've stopped in. Bar in hotel was closed on a saturday night at 11pm so had to go outside to get a bite to eat and a drink, no assistance with our bags on arrival and very expensive wifi costs. Would not recommend.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Dom 1874,

Crown Promenade Perth now offers complimentary wifi for guests staying at the hotel, we have taken onboard our customers comments and implemented this.

Market & Co bar which is the closest bar to the hotel will keep the doors open later if the bar is busy, on the night you mentioned, after investigation the bar was very quiet with no patrons and the manager decided to close just prior to 2300 (which was just before your arrival), the staff then suggest the multiple other bars we have at the resort, to guests if they wish to have a beverage or food, or we can deliver room service.

Once again thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

Rooms were neat and clean. Quick easy check in. Neat and clean. Able to charge meals to room from most of the restaurants in complex. Full buffet breakfast is a little pricy an cold both times I had it. Biggest disappointment is no free parking for guests.

• Stayed September 2013
Dear tripSlady,

Thank you for your lovely feedback regarding the rooms being clean and comfortable during your stay at the hotel.

Since your stay we are pleased to report that we now have new parking for our patrons, with over 1000 new bays just opened so plenty of free parking for our guests and visitors.

Once again thank you for your feedback.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed September 5, 2013

I stayed for 10 nights recently, I was on Business and did not choose the Hotel. There are good and bad things about it.

The room itself was showing signs of wear but was perfectly clean and functional. Its one without windows which I hate, having the AC turned off improved the air quality for me (and reduced the noise from the unit). Bed and linen were very good. Good TV with a good selection of cable and local channels. Blockout curtains and quite quiet room resulted in a good sleep.

The hotel service was generally very good and helpful. The room service food was good the couple of times I used it and very quick. I also appreciated a fruit platter on arrival and a couple of beers one afternoon as gifts. Housekeeping seemed to always be about to clean my room as I arrived at the end of the day but not a big deal.

The casino complex is large with many high end eating options. The "Merrywell" was a good spot for a drink and food that didnt feel like a Casino.

The location is a good walk or short cab from the CBD, I also often walked 20 mins or so to Victoria park to eat, it had a great range of cheaper restaurants cafes and bars.

For those with a car there is plenty of free parking thats not to far from the Hotel. Else they charge ~$40 which I though was excessive.

So as a place to stay I had few complaints.

However, Perth has by far the worst value hotels of any major city in Australia, and for the price I paid, ~$250, this room was one of the most overpriced I have ever stayed in. Also factor in parking $40 which is excessive (note there is plenty of free parking thats adjacent the Hotel), Internet access( which was free in the lobby but an extortionate ~$30 per day in the room) and breakfast (good) at $32.

I struggled to rate the Hotel because of the value, Its very good if you can get a cheap deal else its only average.

Room Tip: A room facing away from construction if possible.
Dear Shoozoff,

Pleased to read that the service at the hotel was good and helpful and that the room was clean and comfortable and that the in room entertainment on the TV lived up to expectations.

In relation to parking, since your stay with us, we have just opened up 1000 brand new car parking bays for our guests and patrons, we do also offer parking underneath the complex at a nominal charge, the premium parking option which you mentioned being $40.00 to have your car parked by the valet team.

We also now offer complimentary wifi for guests staying at the hotel both in the room and public areas, we have taken on board our customers feedback and implemented this.

Once again thank you for your feedback and pleased that we have some positive notes around the feedback you mentioned in your review.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I stayed recently for a conference and the customer service was terrible. I was overcharged as were other conference members, one by $9000! They initially denied charging or claimed the charges were legitimate before eventually refunding the amounts after getting the banks involved. The rooms were average at best and the noise from the demolition disturbing even though we were told we would have a quiet room. The breakfast is very poor value. I will avoid this hotel when next in Perth.

Room Tip: try another hotel
3 Thank 111reviewer000
Dear 111reviewer000,

I have personally investigated this review and the charge, and as I understand it this has been explained to you, as from the booker within your company whom made the booking, used your credit card and completed a form confirming that you were covering accommodation for you and a group of your colleagues who were attending the conference, (all of which was named and signed for in the form).

As it transpires this is not what you wished to happen, and I am sorry that your card was charged, however for clarity of the situation, we were carrying out instructions given to us.

Kalbarri, Australia
Reviewed September 3, 2013

ALways a pleasure staying here. Not matter what genre of room I have booked, I always get that smile on arrival, careful consideration of why I am there when I am checking in, and the room is always to perfection!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Dear Margi K,

Lovely to read your comments regarding the hotel and the team, your feedback has been passed on to them.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Caureen.mcatee@crownperth.com.au
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burswood
East Perth
Hyatt Regency Perth
#18 of 64 in Perth
Crowne Plaza Perth
#17 of 64 in Perth

Been to Crown Promenade Perth? Share your experiences!