“Full of wonderful surprises.”

Crown Promenade Perth
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Burswood
New Canaan, Connecticut
“Full of wonderful surprises.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

Stayed a Crown Promenade for our wedding anniversary, we were truly spoilt. Greeted at the car and offered assistance with our luggage. There was a bit off a wait in line but I guess everyone has the same idea at around 2:30 3:00 o’clock. The upside to the wait were macaroons they tasted amazing. Once at the desk check-in was quick and were given an anniversary chocolate (nice touch).

We arrived to our room and were pleasantly surprised, a lot of light which I love and such a clean room. I wouldn’t say it was 4.5 stars but comfortable enough. My husband and I took a walk up the other end of the corridor and we noticed that the colour scheme was different. I looked through the view hole on the different colour door and was blown away. The hotel must me undergoing a renovation as the room was completely different, I would much rather stay in the refurbished room as it looked fantastic. I will defiantly return to see the changes.

I was treated to a meal at Rockpool and had my second sticky beak moment, there was a big black sheet covering an entrance to something. I found out later it was a new Chinese restaurant. Crown Perth is full of surprises that’s for sure.
I was also treated to a massage at ISIKA day spa, it was divine. Crown Perth is a warm resort with obviously happy staff because they were all smiling and willing to help. I will defiantly be back.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Caureen M, General Manager at Crown Promenade Perth, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear Smith J,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent experience at Crown Promenade Perth on TripAdvisor.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed our macaroons, and that the team at reception acknowledged your anniversary, we are delighted to read that you chose to stay at Crown Promenade to celebrate your special night.

I am pleased to read that your room was comfortable and very clean; your lovely feedback shall be passed back to the housekeeping team.

Excellent choice in visiting Isika, it truly is a wonderful experience; again your feedback shall be passed on.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Crown Resort soon.

Crown Promenade Perth
caureen.mcatee@crownperth.com.au

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

We stayed one night at the Crown Promenade while attending a function at Burswood. We were very impressed. It was very clean and well maintained. The staff were professional, courteous and good humoured. While I am not a fan of buffet breakfast, I must say that breakfast was much better than many al a carte servings we have had. All in all, my wife and I felt the Promenade represented great value for money. Saying that about any hotel in Perth is an acolade in itself.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Caureen M, General Manager at Crown Promenade Perth, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Dear emened,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of your recent experience at Crown Promenade Perth on TripAdvisor.

Your lovely comments regarding our team at Crown Promenade are appreciated and have been shared, thank you.

We are also delighted to note that your room was clean and comfortable, and overall your experience was enjoyed.

Once again thank you for your lovely feedback, and we look forward to your return soon.

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

Frequent business travellers understand that hotels sometimes need a makeover. But what we don't appreciate is being allocated a room at full rate on a floor that is a building site, not a hotel. I stayed the week at Crowne Promenade. On check in, they allocated me a room on the 8th floor, undergoing renovations. The painters start just after 6, so hope you're an early riser. If the smell of paint, hallways with paint protectors rolled out, rollers, brushes and cans of paint don't quite sound like your idea of a good time, do not come here. But that's not all. As I attempted to get Somerset after some long days of business meetings, the drilling and the hammering continued past 8pm. Despite several calls to the "guest services" hotline, not a single apology for the disturbances. No explanation, no forewarning, no concern whatsoever for what guests paying $300 a night are being expected to put up with. Honestly, the management a Crown need to take a good look in the mirror and ask themselves, "am I in the right business". I will certainly be advising my global company not to book here again.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Ian D,

I am disappointed to read that your experience was compromised by our maintenance works and would be happy to discuss this further with you and can be contacted at caureen.mcatee@crownperth.com.au

As you mentioned we do continual work on the property every day to ensure excellent guest experience and I do apologise for the disruption during your stay.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

While staying for a short transit on a business trip the hotel was adequate. Front service desk however was very slow and staff seem completely disinterested. The rooms were comfortable although on the return stop the space was much smaller so make sue you ask for a bigger room. The beds were really comfortable - not so the pillows! In summary it was adequate but not great. As with all of Perth it was quite expensive and not great value for money

Room Tip: Ask for a bigger room facing the entrance
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Caureen M, General Manager at Crown Promenade Perth, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Dear Paul D

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on your recent experience at Crown Promenade Perth, on TripAdvisor.

I am pleased to read that the bed was comfortable; we do offer two types of pillows in the rooms, both soft and hard for guests to choose from.

I am very surprised to read your comments regarding our front office team, this is the first time we have had feedback of this nature and I will be reviewing your comments with the manager of the department, our front office team normally enjoy very positive feedback, however I do take your comments on board, thank you.

Once again thank you for your feedback and we do hope to welcome you back in the future.

If I can be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Auckland, New Zealand
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

Stayed here on a work trip for one night.

The room was very noisy owing to the casino next door. Good thing I had ear plugs.

The prices are steep - the room alone is bad enough, but then you need to add internet, breakfast and car parking.

The internet is only available at a day rate of AUD29 minimum - no half hour time/prices available.

The car parking is mad - you have to park a mile away for free car parking or pay AUD20 for underground car parking (which you still have to walk from), or AUD38 for valet parking. For the first two options you have to walk an age to get to the hotel, which isn't very suitable with bags etc - certainly for the price you pay not what you'd expect.

The bathroom isn't very nice with a shower curtain over the bath and the room dated.

Give the price of this hotel, its very very expensive, noisy, and not that practical for a business trip, so I certainly wont be staying here again.

Room Tip: Avoid the casino view as the noise goes straight into the room. Awful
1 Thank SarahNZ_12
Dear SarahNZ_12,

We are currently reviewing our internet offering at the hotel, and thank you for your comments.

The free parking which we offer to our guests and patrons, is located across the road from the hotel, and whilst I appreciate it is not as close as the paid parking which is underneath the hotel, we are one of few hotels in Perth that do offer a free option.

We do have some exciting new developments around the site which is increasing the number of car parking bays on site, which we can share soon.

Once again thank you for your feedback.

Rotorua, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

Overall first class experience, great reception staff,lovely modern,quiet, spotless room.
Good mini bar and snack selection, nice bathroom with sufficient assessories.
Good in room dining menu, delicious food, and it is still hot on arrival.
Would be happy to stay again.

1 Thank patrick m
Dear patrick m,

Delighted to read that the reception team looked after you well during your stay with us, and that you enjoyed room service, we are currently refreshing the menu with more exciting and tasty meals.

Once again thank you for your feedback, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Caureen.mcatee@crownperth.com.au
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burswood
East Perth
#19 of 81 in Perth
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,171 reviews
Crowne Plaza Perth
#21 of 81 in Perth

Been to Crown Promenade Perth? Share your experiences!