“Fantastic!”

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Burswood
Reviewed November 6, 2012

My stay was fantastic. I have nothing bad to say. The staff are lovely and there was less than a 5 minute waiting time to check-in. We were greeted with a smile and were even offered complementary macaroons and chocolates.
I had booked a spa suite and was surprised by how spacious the room was. Room service was prompt (even at 2am) and everything that was asked was done with a smile. Very happy with my stay and would definitely go back!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Felicia M
Caureen M, General Manager at Crown Promenade Perth, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2012

Dear Felicia M

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent experience at Crown Promenade Perth on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted to hear that you had a fantastic time at Crown Promenade, your lovely feedback regarding the team has been passed on to them, they are a very happy smiling team and I am glad to hear that they made your stay memorable.

The spa suites are fabulous and a bit special for the couple, nice to read you enjoyed the chocolates and macaroons also.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back, until then if there is anything I can be assistance of, please do not hesitate to contact me on caureen.mcatee@crownperth.com.au

Until the next time

Crown Promenade Perth

Write a ReviewReviews (1,003)

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We'd stayed at Crown Promenade for my birthday. Since Burswood has become the Crown the whole place has stepped up a notch and is now quite a classy place. We were most impressed by the large room, the view and the service. We had oysters and champagne in the main lobby bar which was great. The Merrywell although we didn't drink there looked like fun. We ate at Modo Mio which was excellent. We booked through the hotel over the phone and got a great deal.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Anthea

Dear Anthea

Happy belated birthday from the team at Crown Promenade.

We are delighted to read that you chose to spend your special day with us at Crown Perth, and also that you had a great time and that you enjoyed the new look of the resort.

You mentioned Merrywell, it is a very fun place and has received rave reviews for the food and ambiance and is the ‘happening spot’ in Perth right now, there are so many new and exciting places to eat at Crown Perth, you find yourself a bit spoiled for choice.

We do hope that we get to welcome you back before your next birthday so that you might get to experience one of these soon.

Thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I'm on the first night of a 4 night stay. It hasn't started well. Grubby windows and door that required cleaning, floor that needs vacuuming; gym stinks ( i mean it smells *really* bad and it's tiny); TV required three trips to room to fix (still not fixed); ridiculous $29 charge on every device; room service with $40 price on a lamb rack; and there are clearly not enough staff as you never get thru to the front desk but are put on hold for 30 seconds to 2 minutes before a live person answers. And for all this stuff (and paying $265 per night which, amazingly, is a discounted price) not a single "sorry about this, perhaps we can buy you a drink or upgrade you or move you to a better room when the place is less busy". It's not a 5 or 4 star property. It might be a 3 star property, which explains why it is ranked 32/68 properties on Tripadvisor. I don't know what the 'exciting changes' are that the manager refers to in the other posts complaining about the property. I wont be returning. And if I can find a way out I will be moving elsewhere for the remaining nights.

Room Tip: think about going somewhere else....
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Dear Paul L

I am delighted that I managed to make contact with you through your comments on tripadvisor, whilst your were still in house at the hotel.

I am also pleased that you decided to stay after our discussions and we had a positive outcome for the remainder of your stay.

We look forward to your return.

Reviewed November 2, 2012

Came here for a weekend away and loved it, the staff are fantastic really warm and look after you well, rooms are good, location is great loads to see and do, and tons of restaurants. Loved it, check out merry well, awesome hamburgers.

Room Tip: Spa rooms are mint.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Anthony F

Dear Anthony F

Delighted to read that you had a great weekend at the hotel and that the staff looked after you well, and that you enjoyed your room.

As you mentioned the hamburgers at Merrywell are sensational.

We look forward to your return

Reviewed November 1, 2012

Accommodation is always at a premium in Perth, especially for a late booking, but this was not value for money. Had a very nice room, separate living area and bedroom, with a lovely bathroom and toileties, but found it only average for the price. Was impressed with the room service breakfast, on time and still hot.
Wifi was very expensive. Why is it that less expensive hotel chains don't charge for wifi but the top level always do?
Great location if you are just overnight, or wanting to visit the casino, but difficult to get around if you don't have a car. They do not offer an airport shuttle service, so taxi seems to be the only alternative.
My late morning checkout was very slow, with many waiting to check in and out with the only staff member at the desk. He was very polite and courteous, but clearly not coping on his own.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Caureen M, General Manager at Crown Promenade Perth, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2012

Dear Minime

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your room and the room service breakfast, you mentioned that you found the room average, we have some exciting plans in 2013 for the hotel, which I am sure all our guests will find to their liking.

We have reviewed the staffing levels on the very early mornings following your comments on the slow service.

Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

Wasn't sure what to expect from reading the other reviews, but upon arrival my partner and I were welcomed with smiles and great service. The girl on reception gave us a "Welcome" chocolate that was just divine. The rooms have all the basic necessary amenities and are clean and tidy. There is an extensive room service menu however there is also a lot of restaurants to choose from in the complex. We were also impressed by the new casino entry just across the driveway from the hotel. We will be back.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mariawsanchez
Caureen M, General Manager at Crown Promenade Perth, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

Dear mariawsanchez

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor on your recent experience at Crown Promenade Perth.

Thank you for your lovely feedback, I am delighted to read that the staff, were welcoming and attentive in their service, and that the room was clean and well appointed.

We have just updated the room service menu to offer a greater variety to our guests and I am happy to read that you enjoyed this, as you mentioned there are numerous new restaurants to choose from, each very exciting which offers something for everyone.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon, if I can be of assistance in the meantime, I can be contacted on caureen.mcatee@crownperth.com.au

Reviewed October 11, 2012

I've stayed a the Crown Promenade a couple of times and other hotels in Perth. The Crown complex, with it's theaters and restaurants is nice. The is a good vibe, it's busy etc.

The location of the complex is in the middle of no were, well 15 mins drive from the city. Although well located for the Airport.

The crown are clearly doing it tuff as the Hotel is understaffed, the staff are under trained (must be the mining boom) and just try and get a drink at the bar.

Unless you are going the Casino or the tester complex there is better value to be had.

Nice hotel, the service is hopeless. Not the staffs fault, their just understaffed and not trained.

Room Tip: If your going to the bar, get two. You will be waiting a long time.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Dear Mark H

Thank you for writing a review on your experience at Crown Promenade Perth on TripAdvisor.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed the vibe, theatre and restaurants.

I note your comments on the location of Crown Casino, we are located 3.1km or 6 minutes drive from the City Centre on google maps (we are right on the fringe), and I know from experience that a short drive across the causeway is directly into the city, which can be easily walked.

I am disappointed to read of the service that you received whilst at the hotel bar, I take onboard your comments and will review the staffing in each area. Should you wish to discuss this matter further, I can be contacted on caureen.mcatee@crownperth.com.au

Crown Promenade Perth

Also consider these accommodations in or near Burswood
Crown Towers Perth
Pan Pacific Perth
#14 of 66 in Perth
Crowne Plaza Perth
#19 of 66 in Perth

Been to Crown Promenade Perth? Share your experiences!