“Was a good Holiday Inn, had a good stay as Crown Promenade”

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Burswood
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Was worried about the poor reviews I noted before arriving for a 2 day
work trip. However, I was pleasantly surprised as I had a very good service experience. When paying for the cab, the concierge retrieved my bags, check in was very pleasant and so was the restaurant staff when I went for a quick meal after a 15 hour journey.
Rooms are unchanged but still clean and tidy. Had slippers in the wardrobe which I really like to use.
Only complaint was that they were clearly understaffed during the dinner service as the waiting times were a bit too long, including, waiting to be seated and waiting for the menu. However, I did get an apology.
You have to ask for the paper to be delivered daily but they were good at handling that also.
I cut my finger just before going to sleep and in the morning, noted that it had bled. Found all the sheets had been changed by room service which was fantastic, as I was wondering if they would notice it.
So, good experience all around. But, they are a good Holiday Inn standard hotel, probably not what I would have expected from a Crown Promenade.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Caureen M, General Manager at Crown Promenade Perth, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2012

Dear blowenz

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay at Crown Promenade Perth.

I am pleased to read that the staff were attentive and looked after you well during your stay with us.

I appreciate the comments around the staffing levels during the dinner period which you experienced, my apologies that you experience a delay in service on this occasion.

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review, and we look forward to welcoming you back to Crown Promenade Perth in the near future.

Warm regards
Caureen McAtee
Hotel Manager
Crown Promenade Perth

Write a ReviewReviews (1,005)

Reviewed August 26, 2012

I have stayed at the hotel previously when it was Holiday Inn. At least then you got what you expected and what you paid for. Now that it is Crown Promenade they try to be a 5 star hotel but fall extremely short. When you walk into the lobby there are flowers and candles everywhere. It is a combination of vanilla and flowers which is a bit overwhelming. The cookies with the Crown logo stamped on them were nice but seemed a bit over the top. I have nothing against a hotel trying to spruce up their lobby a little bit, but I do not appreciate them doing it at the costs of their guests. The room was over $400 and they still make you pay 30 dollars for internet. This is per day and per device. So if you have an I-phone and laptop its 60 dollars a day for internet. This is unacceptable. I was shocked and disgusted when I called for a razor and when it was brought to my room I was told it would be $6. Six dollars for a disposable razor, come on, seriously? Breakfast is another $30 for the most mediocre buffet I have ever come across. I understand Perth has a shortage of hotels but to charge for every little thing on top of the cost of the room, comes off as cheap. I will not be staying there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view. If not you will be staring at the carpark or the side of a building.

Dear Jon J

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor.

When we create the arrival experience at the Crown Promenade Perth, we take into consideration many views and opinions from our regular guests to achieve the best Crown Welcome to all who arrive at the hotel.

We do have two very conservative floral arrangements constructed by a professional corporate floral designer which are very well received by our guests, along with the candles in the evening, the majority of our feedback from guests is extremely positive, however I understand that this is not always to everyone’s taste.

Our customised macaroons are a complimentary treat on arrival and again well received, was pleasing to read that you enjoyed them also.

The price of a room at the hotel has remained in line, with demand, availability and what was being charged previously, the added extras are all part of the new improved service, and not part of the cost.

I would be happy to discuss this further and can be contacted on caureen.mcatee@crownperth.com.au

Warm regards
Caureen McAtee
Hotel Manager

Reviewed August 20, 2012

Management needs to anticpate the needs of the customer better if they are looking for repeat business and recommendations in the future. My wife and I recently checked in for a 6 night stay. My wife was attending a conference in the complex and in fact she was one of the delegates who helped organize the function. When we checked in after a long flight from Canberra we walked into a very "stuffy " room on the 2nd floor looking over an awning and a major construction zone( the hotel is currently having a major renovation done)We weren't informed of this prior to booking and I thought that because we were long stay customers that we would have been given a room with a reasonably decent view. The next day we asked for and were granted a better room for an additional fee. On check out there were several "mistakes" on our bill and also a"credit card fee" for $29.!I am sure there are more attractive places to stay in Perth. Sorry to have to complain but that is how it was!

1  Thank snowdavs
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel previously when it was Holiday Inn so knew what to expect in general. I booked it for two main reasons for this stay though - one was for the 12pm checkout and also for the free wifi included in the room price.
My husband was arriving from overseas at 2am so after a two hour drive to Perth I planned to have a wander around the casino then relax in the room waiting for his arrival. Initially I did think the service was great - speedy check in and my luggage was in the room by the time I got there. Room itself was fine. Clean and comfortable bed. Unfortunately at no time could I actually connect to the wifi and after my husband arriving from overseas we went to bed planning a sleep in and to check out just before 12pm. At 8.30am we were awoken by knocking on our door and as I got to the door to see who was there it was opened by a member of staff saying they had come to do a "room status" check. Considering the newspaper was still at outside our front door and it was only 8.30am surely this wasnt required! So no sleep in at all - we had checked out by 10am grumpy and tired.
Upon mentioning the problems we were offered "sincerest apologies' which is nice but no consolation at all. No offer of a breakfast or drink voucher as compensation. Very disappointed

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 19, 2012

We have previously stayed here when it was the Holiday Inn and i must say that the service is much better, even got free maccaroons on check in and free newspaper.
We stayed in a "Spa studio". wish was lovely, very spacious room with a nice lounge and a very modern bathroom.
The only downfalls were- The shower flooded out into where the basin is. We stayed on the 3rd floor and seemed very noisy people coming in all hours and you could here the lifts going up and down. The tv was no good, the sound was distorted and couldnt get the info of the screen.
Breakfast was ok, tasted good, but very basic selection. Staff were lovely though.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Emiluc01
Reviewed August 18, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here as apart of honeymoon stay, not congratulated by staff first and foremost, rooms dull and boring. Bed uncomfortable. Construction and golf carts to ferry passengers around supremely annoying. Very much like airport hotel, nothing fancy compared to where else we stayed

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed July 31, 2012

I hope Crown are going to improve the facilities and the service of all attractions at Burswood, as the Crown Promenade is hardly inspring at present. The roadworks out the front and having both hotels arrive at the front of one is an absolute nightmare. Hurry up and finish!!

The hotel itself could be anywhere and of any marque. It is very uninspiring all round. Room service was average, facilities average, service average (apart from one member of the concierge team).

The best part though, was returning from work on a cold wintry night and battling with my gloves, laptop, etc and trying to find my room key in my bag. The concierge quickly arranged the lift and the floor and I was warmly "welcomed home".

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank PJT3710
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burswood
Crown Towers Perth
East Perth
Pan Pacific Perth
Pan Pacific Perth
#14 of 66 in Perth

Been to Crown Promenade Perth? Share your experiences!