“Lots to choose from”

Cuisines: American, African, Mexican, Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 27, 2013

I ate here twice in four days while I was working at a conference in the convention centre. First time I ordered the Caesar salad which, at sight, I thought was the best Caesar I ever had (big call) but after a few mouthfuls I realized there was so much dressing it was hard to taste anything else. The 'bacon' was deep friend pork lardons, which have quite a different flavour from bacon, plus the egg was coated in breadcrumbs and deep fried...just to add more fat?
The second meal was much, much better and would certainly recommend getting the JD and coke ribs! They melted in my mouth and had a really great flavour, with a bit of chilli. It's hard to make ribs this good at home so I enjoyed every bit of them and at least we weren't in the casino.

Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

Went there on a Friday Night...busy but not ridiculous found a table fairly easily.ordered the Nachos with chicken - couldn't stop eating even though we were full...also shared the Merrywell burger was good...and loved the chips are served in a little chip basket...
Also tried to the pear cider..yum...
Not the cheapest place to eat but definitely tasty and good sizings...definitely will return.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

The service was fabulous - efficient and friendly. The food was truly yummy. Atmosphere tremendous. Children were made to feel welcome, and many food items on the menu catered for children. We had our 11 year old grandson with us, and the staff treated him with friendliness and respect.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

The food was fantastic. I had a cider and noticed halfway through that my glass was dirty. The bar replaced my drink quickly and then our food arrive not too far behind. Service was quick and friendly.

My husbands ribs were amazing! People at other tables who were not eating even commented on them.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

Went to the merry well for a birthday celebration , the staff went out of there way to find us a large table so we could all be together . The food was a treat and was enjoyed by all . Very nice