Review Highlights
A memorial to "The Few".

Reviewed 1 week ago
Jenny N
Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
Just an amazing place to visit if you're interested in the Battle of Britain.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
Freedom227684
Surrey, United Kingdom

All reviews on display personal stories both sides run by volunteers entrance fee brave men brings home interesting items their lives second world war couple of hours taking photos tea room little gem amazing collection full size wealth of information
Reviewed 1 week ago

A well worth visit. A splendid and fitting memorial to all of those young men who gave their lives for our freedom.
A tranquil and beautiful setting. The memorial of a pilot sat on the ground in a thoughtful pose is amazing.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Took my wife, daughter and grandchildren and we all had a most interesting time. There is an incredible amount of items on display, and the layout means you are discovering something new around the each section without being overwhelmed with exhibits. The whole experience is well balanced from both RAF and German perspective's and gives an enthralling insight into the lives of those that took part in the Battle of Britain. The volunteers running the museum were very friendly, and only too ready to help. The no photo rule is not a problem, and should not discourage anyone from visiting the museum. Leave your camera in the car, and immerse yourself with the exhibits on display. When leaving, we collected our cameras, and we had our photos taken with the Hurricanes outside by the volunteers. I highly recommend a visit to this museum, and look forward to returning in next year when it re-opens.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

It was brilliant and made by the volunteers who brought it to life. Helped to educate our children on WW2. John and Alan were particularly good guides.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

This was our second visit, the first time I quite reluctant, just tagging along with my partner. But I completely enthralled by the whole museum, there is so much to see and so much detail, it’s incredible.
I was so humbled and in awe of the human stories, it really gives you some insight of what life was like during that awful time in history.
A day isn’t nearly enough, I think you could return countless times and still spot something new you’ve missed.
The volunteers are very friendly and the cafe does a fab breakfast!
So much time, effort and passion has clearly gone into creating this museum.
The fact that every penny goes back into running and updating the place, just gives us one more reason to return again.

1  Thank ppw16
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We went back again after a few years to discover what has been added / changed. We were mazed at the additions including a another replica plane. and much, much more. It was nice to see all the planes and recovered engines but the best parts were seing the personal letters, memo's and information on the people who were there. This museum is highly recommended for a visit and to learn about all those involved in the Battle of Britain.

1  Thank Dick P
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

A little way out of Folkestone on top of the cliffs and overlooking the sea,a suitable and historic place to salute the many mainly young pilots who won the Battle of Britain. Not just British pilots,but Poles,Canadians,South Africans etc.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I was very much looking forward to the visit today, but then read a sign saying no cameras, many of my visits to places like this are for the photo opportunity, so I will not be visiting. I should think it has put many photographers off visiting, a real shame that the few have ruined it for the many.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

What an interesting place to visit! My husband was more keen to visit than me, but, I was greatly impressed with all that was on show. It was all very visual and quite personal - showing detailed stories of airmen's experiences. Well worth visiting- with a charming cafe to enhance your visit.

2  Thank anneburr49
Reviewed October 7, 2018 via mobile

Fantastic place lots to see, staff are helpful and friendly. Shame houses built on part of it. Highly recommended

1  Thank ange g
Reviewed October 4, 2018

We called in here expecting to spend a couple of hours and came away after four. I thought it would be mainly for blokes and WW2 and plane addicts but the detailed write ups about the pilots of planes they’ve retrieved (and there are quite a few) were really interesting and brought the young pilots to life again. It would warrant a second visit at least. It’s not a place to take young children but older ones would probably appreciate it, as long as they weren’t expected to read all the write ups - there are a lot.

Although for security no cameras or mobile phones are allowed inside the buildings a lovely guide took our photo on our camera beside the planes outside.

There’s a small restaurant selling snacks, sandwiches and filled jacket potato at very reasonable prices and the whole place is immaculate, but it could do with a few more seats around the place.

1  Thank Linda R