“Great Stay” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bella Vista Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Copper Harbor
Bella Vista Motel
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Copper Harbor
Michigan
“Great Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2012

Stayed at the Bella Vista with three of my childhood buddies on a U.P. Circle Tour in early August. We travelled for 8 night and only stayed in one spot two nights, it was here at the Bella Vista. Everything you read is pretty accurate. It is a clean, friendly, comfortable mom & pop motel. Motel or motor lodge, means the rooms open up to the outdoors not to a paste white hallway wall or another door acroos from you. This is why we stayed here because we wanted the outdoors! We slept with windows and doorwalls open and the sound of Lake Superior in our ears, we even left the doors unlocked and when we went on excursions, and the sights of the area are spectacular!!! We originally booked a room and a small cabin but one of my friends wanted the larger bed room so we swapped out the second night and paid the difference. The staff was accomodating and friendly and everything was in walking distance, coffee shop, laundra-mat, restaurant, bar etc...You can get up early and watch the sun come up on Brockway Mountain Drive and practically touch God's face. I'm going back up for a color tour this month and staying at the Bella Vista again. It's not the Hilton but if it was, I wouldn't stay there anyway, I want my door to open to the fresh air of Copper Harbor, not a white washed hallway. If you find yourself in Copper Harbor, you can't miss with the Bella Vista.

Room Tip: Second floor rooms have balconies with tables and chairs. You have a nice view and probably a quiete...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank bianchi45

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Whitehall, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2012

When traveling to the far reaches of civilization, expectations need to be adjusted. This is our first trip to the region and we based our selection based on other reviews. Our room was very clean and did not smell like air fresheners or cleaners. Housekeeping did and excellent job. Good water pressure and decent bathroom fixtures. Mattress was in good shape but a bit dated. Not heat, but who needs it this far north. This year was the warmest in a long time but with doors and windows open, sleeping was very refreshing. Short walk to everything and a decent area for biking and hiking. Recommend going to the Pine for breakfast and a cinnamon bun. Make sure you go to Brockway Mountain overlook, especially at sunset or rise.

Room Tip: Recommend getting a room with a view of the lake as sun rises and moon rises are spectacular. You mi...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Monroe, Louisiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2012

Clean, friendly staff, convenient walk to town. Best feature was the view ---from sunrise to sunset was relaxing and serene. While in Copper Harbor I felt remote, relaxed and "unplugged" from technology. (cell phones don't work there ). Can't wait to return and will definitely stay at Bella Vista Motel ! JSDurden

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Trenton, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2012

My husband and I stayed the early part of August. Was our first time in Copper Harbor and the Bella Vista. The room was clean and pleasent. Unfortunately, it was unusually hot the couple days we were there and the motel doesn't have air. We didn't think we needed to worry about air so far north and off Lake Superior. Let's just say it was very hard to sleep because of the heat. They provided one fan per room, but my husband had it blowing on him. Besides the heat, but Bella Vista was great. However, they should invest in air conditioning. We met some wonderful people and I enjoyed the grounds. It was quite and relaxing.

Pine Grove, PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

Stayed a week in a small cabin. Comfortable bed, clean and neat. kitchen had all my needs.
Easy access to all reunion events. Service was great. Grounds are well kept. This is not my first stay at Bella Vista and it will not be my last. Copper Harbor is like my second home.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

We wanted to be close to the ferry going to Isle Royale. I read the reviews on Trip Advisor so I knew what I was getting into. I can handle any place if it is clean and safe. O.K. on both counts. The service was great both in initial registration and when we wanted to cancel our reservation scheduled for the return trip, which got delayed a day because of high waves.

The only hitch came with the temperatures in the 90s and our second floor room, which like the other rooms, had no air conditioning. This is the UP, after all! We had an uncomfortable night because the only air coming in was through the bathroom window. We just didn't feel at ease leaving the sliding glass room open. A fan was provided, and that helped a bit.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Carbondale, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2012

I get the Copper Harbor thing about accomodations- don't expect too much. While this is no Holiday Inn or Super 8, it is clean. I stayed in the motel #22- room is small but has a great view of the harbor and ferry landing. My bed was uncomfortable as the mattress sagged badly due to being worn out (or cheap) and squeaked every time I moved, giving me a lousy sleep and a backache in the morning. The internet worked for while, then quit later in the evening. The walls are paper thin, so there is not much privacy- you don't want to talk loud for fear of walking your neighbor. All in all, it's pretty basic- just a mini frig, but no coffee maker, iron, microwave, telephone, or breakfast. Coffee is available in foam cups on the office porch in the morning. If the bed would have been more comfortable, my rating would be better.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Been to Bella Vista Motel? Share your experiences!