“Angels here on earth”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Copper Harbor
Lake Fanny Hooe Resort & Campground
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Copper Harbor
Longmont, Colorado, United States
“Angels here on earth”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I can't possibly thank all of the staff for all the help I received while in Copper Harbor. My back went out, and was unable to get my overgrown motorhome on steroids back to Houghton where my husband had made reservations. They not only got me in, without a reservation, but gave me a ride to pick up my secondary vehicle. I was truly in the presence of some wonderful angels, and all of the facilities were clean and well maintained. I top my hat to all of you, and wish you continued success. Happy trails to you!

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Sue C

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Chestefield Township, MI
Reviewed March 10, 2013

My review comes a little late but I stayed here a few years back and just loved it! I remembered to write this because I WANT TO COME BACK HERE!! A few rules to follow but that is OK. Didn't care that it was a bit outdated (part of the charm!) since everything worked, the place was clean and everyone was friendly. Stayed in both the cabins and rooms. Beautiful lake, beach and views!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Cynreid
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed November 15, 2012

We have been coming to Copper Harbor for many years and enjoy this place very much. We have camped and stayed in the lakefront motel. The rooms are a little retro but so is all of Copper Harbor. It's part of the charm. The lake frontage is beautiful and everyone is very friendly. It has always been quiet when we are here and we look forward to returning every year. It's a nice escape.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Dean A
Chicago
Reviewed August 30, 2012

We had stayed here before and came again this past summer. Found the campground clean, and nice just as before. No problems with check in. Can't beat it for a private campground in Copper harbor. Walking distance to everything in town!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank rrrprod
Marquette, Michigan
Reviewed August 17, 2012

My family and I stayed here in August 2012. Gramps really enjoyed taking the kids on a motorboat ride around the lake. The rooms were very clean and the lake view from the balcony was picture perfect. The staff were friendly and helpful and we were close enough to everything that we could walk or ride our bikes.

Room Tip: Spend the extra money to get a larger room with 2 queen beds.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Diane L
Fresno, California
Reviewed August 13, 2012

We camped in our fifth wheel. This is a great place and we had a nice campsite. We enjoyed the view of Brockway Mountain. We were close to everything and could walk there from the campground. Clean showers. We will definitely return next year. Hope we can get our same campsite.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank roger g
Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Unfortunately this campground has a goose population which of course results in droppings everywhere. This could have been helped if the staff had at least attempted to clean up however we never saw any staff do any type of cleaning on the property while we were there. Also, our site had a pin cherry tree which had dropped its fruit all over the picnic table. The hornets were all over the fermenting fruit and I was stung. We did mention this to the staff who indicated that they would send someone over to have a look around. We went out for a couple of hours and returned to hornets. Again if they had just cleaned up some of the dropped fruit this likely would not have been a problem. The beach area was also covered in goose droppings and did not appear to be maintained. We live in an area that also has a large goose population, so we are aware that geese go where they want to go, however there are ways to clean up after them. In the future we would definitely stay at the state park.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank susian_11

Been to Lake Fanny Hooe Resort & Campground? Share your experiences!