“One of the best campgrounds we've ever been to....”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Copper Harbor
Lake Fanny Hooe Resort & Campground
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Copper Harbor
Reviewed April 17, 2012

This is one of the cleanest, nicest campgrounds we have stayed at. It's quiet and within walking distance to most everything. We love it!!!!

Room Tip: There are full hook-up campsites with sewer, cable, water, electric and free wi-fi on the property.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank glamfam

Reviewed April 7, 2012

My wife and I have been going to this resort for over 25 years. The current owners have always been friendly and do a good job running and maintaining the place. This is why we keep coming back year after year. These are the nicest facilities in Copper Harbor.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dean A
Reviewed February 24, 2012

I reserved a cottage for 2 days this past weekend. After I had unloaded my 4 old sleds, unpacked the truck, groceries in the frig, etc. I then decided to take a ride. I ran into a buddy attending the same event. He asked if I would help him unload his sled, I said sure, we have nice big snow bags at my cottage. So, we drove back to Fanny Hooe, backed up to the snow bank, slid the twin track Skidoo off the truck, and looked up to see the owner coming at us screaming(and curisng) because we were un-registered and using his snow bank! I explained to him I was registerd and staying in cottage 4. That didn't seem to matter, words were exchanged, and I was thrown out and given 30 mins to pack up everything and be gone, or he was going to call the cops. It was bad enough getting thrown out and my weekend plans virtually ruined, as my buddy from down state was staying in the cottage next to me. I now had to go home or find other accomodations. Luckily, after people heard of my bizzare incident, a very FRIENDLY local offered me his room. I told my story later to several riders that night, and several of them had similar stories of their own about how rude and un-hospitable the owners are of Lake Fanny Hooe. I'll go back to Copper Harbore because I enjoy the area, and met alot of nice locals, including other business owners. BUT I would sleep in the snow bank(not by Fanny Hooe) before I'd ever stay anywhere near Lake Fanny Hooe!!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
21  Thank Dave E
Reviewed January 30, 2012

We stayed here for two nights while snowboarding at Mount Bohemia. The view out the back was beautiful, overlooking Lake Fanny Hooe. The room itself was a bit dated, but extremely clean and well kept. The beds were comfy. There is wireless internet and a small balcony or patio.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank WIcamper77
Reviewed October 3, 2011

Well cared for motel, cabins and campground. Our motel room was somewhat dated however extremely clean with very nice shower/bathroom, good mattress and pillows (only wish a fitted bottem sheet would be used) kitchette and super view of the lake. The walls were a little thin but all guests seemed to respect each other, no problems with loud or wild parties. Located on many trails for hiking, atv's, biking or winter activities. Great location in town, off the main street but close enough to walk to dining, churches, shopping and local bars. Drive into town and around the area (Brockway Mt. and Eagle Harbor) is breathtaking with an aray of fall colors. Full house so it must be a winner. We will use this resort again, very happy with our stay.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank C V
ResortManagement2, Guest Relations Manager at Lake Fanny Hooe Resort & Campground, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2011

We're pleased you enjoyed your accommodations and your stay with us. Thank you for the review and we're looking forward to your return.

Reviewed August 22, 2011

The owners here obviously take great pride in their property. The grounds are well maintained - buildings, bathrooms and showers, and even picnic tables look like they've just been painted. The bathrooms and showers were always clean as a whistle, the clubhouse neat and tidy. Lake access is great, with a buoyed swim area, dock to fish from, and lots of space to just sit. The playground has a great playscape for the kids to use, and there's a community fire pit if you have a large group. Fees are reasonable and in line with other private and state campgrounds we've stayed at. The folks in the office were always pleasant, and very helpful when I had questions about the local businesses. No cell phone service available here, but Wi-Fi is provided and accessible in the clubhouse and from some campsites. Highly recommended as a nice quiet place to enjoy Michigan's Upper Peninsula.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Mark M

We're pleased to hear you enjoyed our campground and amenities. Thank you for sharing your enjoyment with other TripAdvisor members. We appreciate the positive feedback.

Reviewed July 21, 2011

This is our 5th or 6th time camping at Lake Fanny Hooe and once again we had another great experience. The bath houses are always clean and the staff is helpful. We love that we can ride our ATV's from our camping site.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank KrisP2011

We're happy to know our efforts are appreciated and we always look forward to seeing our repeat guests year after year. Thank you for your continued patronage and compliments.

Been to Lake Fanny Hooe Resort & Campground? Share your experiences!