Minnetonka Resort
All reviewsspent one nightin townfull kitchensitting areanice gift shopbeds were comfortablewithin walking distancesmall bathroomnice towelsnice cabincoffee makerharbor hausbrockway mountaina great place to staywi fiisle royalenext morning
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 10, 2012

We spent one night at the Minnetonka in a one room cabin. The cabin was very rustic - cute - reminded me of staying at camp:O) The people who own this place are older and very nice. We really enjoyed our stay here. It is right downtown, close to all of the cute little shops and just a short walk to the lake. If you come to Copper Harbor don't miss going to Fort Wilkins and Brockway Mountain. Breakfast at the Tamarack Inn is really good and dinner at the Harbor Haus is awesome! We did the mini golf at the little course up there too which was really fun and the gardens there are beautiful.

The only thing that I would improve on at the Minnetonka is the shower! Our showerhead was old and in need of replacement and I kinda' had a cold shower too. Also a bonfire pit would have been very cool! Maybe put a bonfire pit where the burn barrel is now. It would be a lot of fun!! You could make smores!!:O) Overall though we had a very fun night!

Room Tip: If you don't want road noise ask for a room away from the highway!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank joylites13
Reviewed August 4, 2011

This place is what you call old time road trip accommodations! We arrived in Copper Harbor without reservations and priced out a few places. For the atmosphere I decided that the Minnetonka Resort was the best deal. It was $70.00 plus tax. I was put off at first by the condition of the front desk, it's a bit of a chaotic mess to be honest. Papers everywhere, looks very unorganized which made me a tad bit nervous but I booked that stay anyway. They advertise an "antique Museum" for guests but when we asked to go in, they told us there was a $2 per person charge to unlock the door. I was like Are you serious??? I am paying to stay and you advertised it but now you want me to pay to go in a 10 foot by 10 foot shed? No, I refused to pay and we did not see the "Museum".

The cabin was cute and very rustic, like a real log cabin on the inside. There was only one chair so eating dinner was a bit tough for a party of two, but we worked it out. The bed was comfy and there was a lot of hot water in the AM. We walked around the area and went in a few shops, the old book store is very charming and a must see! Overall the service was poor, the room was cute and cozy and the area is beautiful. Had fun at the historic Pines in the area and the mountain drive. Worth the trip!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
8  Thank Greigh
Reviewed August 1, 2011

Stayed in the large cabin with 7 friends. More than ample space and the cabin was very nice. The deck and BBQ grill were a great plus. All the amenities and comfortable. Within walking distance of everything in town.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank easyrider67
Reviewed October 13, 2010

The people who work there are awesome! They have a massage therapist on site with decent rates. She is a master...Thanks, Johanna for the wonderful massage!
There is a small gift shop and museum on site. The beds are comfortable. They're great with dealing with the kids, too!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank jstajdl
Reviewed September 2, 2010

We were traveling to this motel from mainland Michigan and got there on Thursday night at around 10:30. We checked into our room which was average for the $60 we were charged. The person working the desk said his rates were normally $75 per night, but gave us a deal on the regular rate. The kicker is that after getting home, I noticed a $17.73 additional charge on my credit card. I called the motel and the same person that checked us in said it was a towel charge for 2 bath towels, 1 hand towel, and 1 washcloth that were missing from the room. I told him that we absolutely did not take any towels from the room and they were left hanging on the hooks on the back of the bathroom door. He said he would check with the maid and get back to me. He called me back and said the maid was sure those towels were missing. We would have no problem paying for towels if we had taken them, certainly $17.73 wouldn't break our bank. The credit card company said that additional charges cannot be made to a card without consent. I have never had such an experience before and was going to let it go, but felt compelled to dispute the charge with the credit card company and post this review out of principle.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple