“The Minnetonka Resort Guest Museum?!?!”
Review of Minnetonka Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Copper Harbor
Minnetonka Resort
Roseville, Michigan
“The Minnetonka Resort Guest Museum?!?!”
Reviewed August 4, 2011

This place is what you call old time road trip accommodations! We arrived in Copper Harbor without reservations and priced out a few places. For the atmosphere I decided that the Minnetonka Resort was the best deal. It was $70.00 plus tax. I was put off at first by the condition of the front desk, it's a bit of a chaotic mess to be honest. Papers everywhere, looks very unorganized which made me a tad bit nervous but I booked that stay anyway. They advertise an "antique Museum" for guests but when we asked to go in, they told us there was a $2 per person charge to unlock the door. I was like Are you serious??? I am paying to stay and you advertised it but now you want me to pay to go in a 10 foot by 10 foot shed? No, I refused to pay and we did not see the "Museum".

The cabin was cute and very rustic, like a real log cabin on the inside. There was only one chair so eating dinner was a bit tough for a party of two, but we worked it out. The bed was comfy and there was a lot of hot water in the AM. We walked around the area and went in a few shops, the old book store is very charming and a must see! Overall the service was poor, the room was cute and cozy and the area is beautiful. Had fun at the historic Pines in the area and the mountain drive. Worth the trip!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
8 Thank Greigh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Escanaba
Reviewed August 1, 2011

Stayed in the large cabin with 7 friends. More than ample space and the cabin was very nice. The deck and BBQ grill were a great plus. All the amenities and comfortable. Within walking distance of everything in town.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank easyrider67
South Lyon, Michigan
Reviewed October 13, 2010

The people who work there are awesome! They have a massage therapist on site with decent rates. She is a master...Thanks, Johanna for the wonderful massage!
There is a small gift shop and museum on site. The beds are comfortable. They're great with dealing with the kids, too!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank jstajdl
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed September 2, 2010

We were traveling to this motel from mainland Michigan and got there on Thursday night at around 10:30. We checked into our room which was average for the $60 we were charged. The person working the desk said his rates were normally $75 per night, but gave us a deal on the regular rate. The kicker is that after getting home, I noticed a $17.73 additional charge on my credit card. I called the motel and the same person that checked us in said it was a towel charge for 2 bath towels, 1 hand towel, and 1 washcloth that were missing from the room. I told him that we absolutely did not take any towels from the room and they were left hanging on the hooks on the back of the bathroom door. He said he would check with the maid and get back to me. He called me back and said the maid was sure those towels were missing. We would have no problem paying for towels if we had taken them, certainly $17.73 wouldn't break our bank. The credit card company said that additional charges cannot be made to a card without consent. I have never had such an experience before and was going to let it go, but felt compelled to dispute the charge with the credit card company and post this review out of principle.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
11 Thank jchesterw
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed July 25, 2010

We've stayed here twice and have always felt very welcome. The rooms are dated but functional with fridge, TV. We've never had trouble with the hot water like others. The owners always have us park our motorcycles under the covered drive in case of rain. Granted, TV reception & Internet can be less than perfect and we usually have some connection, but we're not traveling to the top of Michigan to check email. Since their signal is satellite it all depends on the weather. The rooms are very spacious and clean, lots of room to store our gear. We'll be back.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank BraceZ
Kalkaska, Michigan
Reviewed July 13, 2009

My parents have been coming to Copper Harbor every fall for their anniversary for as many years as I can think of. They always loved Minnetonka Resort cabins. Dad just passed away this spring and the whole family decided we needed to come to Copper Harbor to have his memorial service, but also to experience the beauty and charm for ourselves. We rented 4 cabins for the weekend and we absolutely loved it. We own two Boston terriers who were welcomed for a fee which is standard, but the owners actually wanted to meet our pets!! And we met theirs. The cabins are quiet and perfect for relaxing and visiting. We all wondered why we hadn't come sooner. We decided to make this an annual get together. We will definitely be staying here, and we all had our favorite cabins, each one different in its own way.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Northern Indiana
Reviewed September 18, 2008

Have stayed at the Minnetonka for many years and have enjoyed every visit. The rooms and cabins are clean and taken care of daily by a polite, friendly staff. Have stayed in both the cabins and the motel and have had a relaxing, restful stay. Have recommended it to both friends and family and they have also been very pleased.

• Liked — The friendliness of the staff and it is within walking distance to shopping, restaurants and Lake Superior.
  • Disliked — Can't think of anything I did not like.
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Minnetonka Resort? Share your experiences!