“Still beautiful”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
South Lyon, Michigan
“Still beautiful”
Reviewed July 23, 2014

When I was a little girl, I would go to the Mountain Lodge for lunch with my grandfather. This year, I decided to take my daughter up there. The grounds (it's also a golf course and has cabins in which you can stay) are still beautiful and well kept. I know the Lodge has had issues in the past, so I admit I was a bit worried about my decision. I shouldn't have been. When we arrived, I told the hostess this was my daughter's first visit and asked her to seat us by a window so she could experience the beauty of the Lodge and it's grounds. She went out of her way to do so, asking management to allow us to be seated in an area that was closed off. (Hindsight being what it is, I should have told the manager how wonderful she was!) Our waitress was just as wonderful, explaining the history to my daughter and even telling her she could walk around and take in all the sights. The food is expensive; $12 for a salad; but I ended up taking half home with me. I will definitely go there next time I'm up that way!

• Visited July 2014

Mc Farland
“great food, nice place”
Reviewed July 10, 2014

We had a fairly big family meal (13 people) here and it was very nice. The lodge is nicely kept and we could hear each other well. Our food was excellent (I had trout, my husband had pork loin) - those that had the BBQ said it was quite good. My daughter (10) highly recommends the chicken carbonara (?sp). a few had desserts - the vanilla bean ice cream with berries was a generous portion and scrumptious. the cherry mango cobbler was incredible. The bathrooms were far from our table, but they were clean. Overall, a really nice time/meal.

Visited July 2014
Lac La Belle, Michigan
“Good Chef!”
Reviewed April 12, 2014

The Keweenaw Mountain Lodge was built during the WPA days. It is a log built and has an addition for parties and weddings.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Audrey C
Marshfield
“Evening meal”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Food was very expensive drinks overpriced and poorly made ,would not go back again.Other than price food was very good.

Visited September 2013
Leelanau County, Michigan
“Available seating and excellent meal”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Did not think ahead to make advance reservations at another local restaurant so scrambled to find another fine place to eat. KML fit the bill. Equally pricey, but no wait to be seated, and had a nice view of Brockway Mountain and the first tee of the golf course. Food was excellent, as well as attentive service. Well worth a return visit.

Visited October 2013