“Disappointing Starter”

Dining options: Breakfast
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
“Disappointing Starter”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Had one of the first sittings Saturday evening, both of us picked whitebait, not really environmently friendly I know. The Bulmer Fox was determined to be environmently friendly though, we had six each! Very mean portion. Queried with waitress and got no where. Tried complaining via their website, but the link doesn't seem to work. Main course was fair I guess but certainly the food is not as good as it used to be.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank baddow

London, United Kingdom
“First visit and will definitely be back!”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

We tried to book at several other places last night with no success so this wasn't our first choice but glad we did end up here.

We started off with a drink and some olives at the bar and moved onto a table later on, the staff were attentive without being overbearing and the food was absolutely lovely.

Very much enjoyed our meal here and will definitely be back in the future.

• Visited May 2013
“Bank Holiday Lunch”
Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

I got there 10 minutes before the end of service and they were very helpful. The pub is very pleasant with a good selection of drinks and the quality of the food was excellent.

Visited May 2013
Bury St. Edmunds, United Kingdom
“Fair prices - 3.5 out of five”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

I went for lunch at the Bulmer Fox and was impressed by the surroundings - quirky, comfortable design makes you instantly feel at ease.

The wide variety of soft drinks on offer made a pleasant change too.

Unfortunately the menu was not quite as diverse, with limited vegetarian options - a lentil cottage pie or lasange on the main menu - felt a bit heavy given the spring weather.

The staff were friendly, and the service good. I felt that it was good pub grub and if I could have given it a 'good' 3.5 out of five I would have done.

Also worth noting that it does not accept bookings.

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank MrsLW-H
Sudbury, United Kingdom
“Arrive early!”
Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

This is one of my favourite eateries. Henry and staff do their utmost to provide a relaxed and valued experience. Good portion sizes,varied and changing menu choice with some old favourites retained. 2 and 3 courses fixed price can be chopped and changed with a la carte to provide for any choice. All in all The Fox ticks all boxes....just read all of these reviews to confirm..We visit at least once a month and have done so for some years with never a cause for complaint and believe me I have no hesitation in doing so anywhere I travel in the UK. No booking available and yes you order at bar and yes the staff wear jeans..if you want overpriced food and starchy service with inflated prices try Baumanns Brasserie in Coggeshall....Otherwise the loyalty of the Foxs patrons tells its own story..

Visited April 2013