“Americana at its best!”

Parks Place Cafe
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Conway
Cuisines: American
Reviewed May 28, 2013

If your heading down US31 take the time to check out this local favorite but make sure it's for lunch or breakfast because they close at 2:pm daily. Great food and service, rustic but clean. Try the stuffed hashbrown it's amazing!!

Reviewed April 14, 2013

When we pulled up in front of the cafe' we knew that it would be small, but 'how small', we discovered when we went inside. There were only 8 or 9 tables...very close together. There were no booths at all. They had a short counter towards the grill...and the cook/owner visited with the customers as she cooked. They had another male cook as well.

When we arrived, the girl that cleared most of the tables and reset them came to our table. She was friendly, but did not smile. She asked if she could get us something to drink. She took our order and came back quite promptly with our drinks. She told us that the waitress would be with us in a few minutes. When the waitress arrived, she was friendly and we gave her our order.
I ordered an omelet with just bacon and pepper jack cheese inside. The bacon was hard little bits that seemed OLD...prob pieces from that morning that she had saved for the omelettes. The hash browns were delicious...cooked just right. The owner cook did the omelette and the male cook did the hash browns. My hubby said his Mexican omelette was terrific!!!!

The waitress had 2 more couples arrive and seat themselves after we came in...and already had 3 tables that she was serving with food. The young lady that was clearing tables was asked if she would please take the order that just came up, so the waitress could take the other customers orders and put them in so that the cooks could start preparing them. The owner/cook finally asked the young lady that got our drinks to take the order out.

I would assume that the customers already seated at the counter were long-time customers, as the female cook/owner kept up a running conversation (mostly about how her family was doing and all the ailments, etc) going with him. There was an older gentleman seated also...and when he said his goodbyes...this same cook rolled her eyes, and had something to say about him. An owner who talks about her customers behind their backs is one that I want to stay away from.

The male cook was not friendly at all to the waitress...as he said something very negatively to her at least 2x's while we were there. The waitress was doing her best to keep up with the tables and also listen to what he was saying. Such a rude person. Our waitress took his rudeness in stride though...continuing to wait on her customers. I think the owner and staff need some lessons in how to treat each other...in front of customers especially.

My husband wanted to use the restroom, but there is NO WAY he could ever get to the stool,.the way the door is placed. It opens to the sink...and the stool is BEHIND the door. It is just a hole in the wall restroom...not set up for anyone handicapped. My husband has Lewy Body Dementia, with Parkinson's symptoms.

While we were eating our dinner, the owner/cook came to the table next to us..sat down and started complaining about all the happenings in her family. Now, the last thing we need is to listen to the owner complain about how bad she has it with her family. We can be compassionate, but this was just the last straw. My hubby said he just wanted to go...so I asked for take-out containers for our uneaten food, and then proceeded to help my hubby up, so that we could go to our vehicle. The owner stopped complaining and just sat there, as we made our way around the table she was sitting at. I told her that I would be right back in to pay for our breakfast. At NO TIME did she or her staff try to help us...even to hold the front door open. I finally asked another customer if he would please hold the door open for us.

The male cook is very rude...not addressing the waitress by name when he asked her to get something for him...he just said..."What I need from you is the barbecue sauce." He didn't even notice that she was in the middle of taking my payment for our meal...he just finally said her name...and she said, "Excuse me?" I didn't hear what you were saying. I think he needs a real lesson in manners. it's a wonder she doesn't just quit working there altogether.

This restaurant is open from 6am to 2pm...so be sure to get up at the crack of dawn to get a seat!!!! There is no delivery either.

The owner/cook was asking another customer how to do something with planters for her business. She is having an area put in behind the restaurant for people to eat outside in privacy. The money she is planning on spending on that outside eating area should be put into making this restaurant larger and up to code...which would be to accommodate the handicapped. There are no handicap parking areas marked in front of the bldg...so this should be addressed first and foremost.

IF this restaurant wants to draw people in from all areas of society...the owners should truly look at 'how they can improve the existing restaurant'. There is a LOT of work to be done inside to make it more accessible to the handicapped person.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

Excellent food freshly made. Friendly local cafe with great service. Good prices. Small town atmosphere, almost retro. Cute.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

I love this place. Yes, I am a local, you get a good amount of great food for a reasonable price, I have never left there hungry.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

We stopped on our way back from a ski vacation at Boyne Highlands. The breakfast was very good with seriously large portions. The stuffed hash browns that my son and I had we're delicious, the half order for each of us plenty. The cafe has a lot of character, with nice staff. The view of the lake across the road is a bonus. The temperature outside was in the twenties, so with all the customer traffic in and out it was a bit drafty. Reasonable pricing. Will stop again.

Been to Parks Place Cafe? Share your experiences!