“Comfort Suites is as Comfort Suites does”

Comfort Suites Grand Rapids North
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Comstock Park
Reviewed June 5, 2014

We very much enjoyed the family suite at this location. Two bunk beds, chair by window, its own heating/cooling and TV in a small room off the main room. Very comfortable bed, quiet hotel and good breakfast with lots of hot and cold choices. Squeaky clean facility wherever you look. Only minor glitch with TV reception not being very good. If we are ever in Grand Rapids again, we will stay here.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank MimiB96
Dan H, General Manager at Comfort Suites Grand Rapids North, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2014

Dear MimiB96

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts regarding your recent stay at the hotel, we truly do appreciate you feedback. Our family suites are the perfect rooms for traveling families with separate areas for the kids where they can enjoy their own TV programs and games, and what kid does not love sleeping on bunk beds right. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay, we hope to see you again in the future.

Dan Hunt

There are newer reviews for Comfort Suites Grand Rapids North

Reviewed May 12, 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Reviewed May 10, 2014

Reserved room during power outage. Rooms were nice, staff was great. Very much appreciate having nice hotel close by! Will recommend for a place for out of town family members to stay. Pets allowed which helped.

• Stayed: April 2014

Dear beachinnurse

I wish your stay would have been under better circumstances but I am glad we could make such a tough time more comfortable for you. We appreciate that you have recommended us to family and friends that come in and visit the area.

Dan Hunt
General Manger

Reviewed April 29, 2014

My toddler and I stayed here for 3 nights while I came "home" to say goodbye to my grandma. Chuck at the front desk went out of his way to make us as comfortable as possible, with our horrible circumstances for being here. One night he noticed my 3 yr old watching baseball, and turned the game on in the theater for her. So thoughtful and completely made her night, given we were supposed to be at the game we were watching.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed April 28, 2014 via mobile

Spacious 2 Queen suites were super comfortable rooms: pillows are to die for, beds just the right firmness, and never seen a cleaner room or common area! Fridge, microwave, couch, table area is convenient and not cramped. We needed to be downtown by 7am and when we told the front desk they said they would have the breakfast available 30 min early to accommodate our group! Fitness room needs a bike, but that is the worst thing I can come up with. The staff was friendly. I would suggest that they ask patrons to not smoke right by the entrance.
I will stay at this hotel every time I need to visit Grand Rapids. Very convenient to route 131 into the city.

Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed April 12, 2014

This appears to be a fairly new Comfort Suites – it is very clean, rooms are big, breakfast is hot and very good. We were vacationing from across the state and while we had always wanted to attend a West Michigan White Caps baseball game, we didn’t think we would have the time. The Fifth Third ballpark for the White caps is almost within walking distance from this Comfort Suites – it is right across the street. So, we attended a game. I will start with what didn’t go so well – we have a family of 6 so I had to sleep on the pullout sofa bed with one of my sons – something that we normally do. The mattress on the pullout sofa is by far the worst I have ever slept on – you actually felt like the springs were digging into your back. Now the good – we travel A LOT for pleasure and even more for our kids sporting events. The customer service gentlemen both nights at the front desk (4/10 & 4/11) were by far the most pleasant and helpful we have ever had in all of our travels over a decade. On our 2nd night stay, I called down and told the front desk man that the pullout sofa was horrible – he apologized and said that he would do whatever he could to remedy the problem. I asked for two extra blankets to provide some cushion and he brought them to my room instantly and assured me that if he could help in any other way – to call down to the front desk. I did have to call down again because the USB charging ports did not work – he apologized and brought me up a plug in charger instantly. Long story short, never underestimate the value of top notch customer service! Great motel, very clean, rooms are big and nicely furnished, beds are comfortable, breakfast is hot and very good, customer service was top notch and it is located right across the street from the White Caps stadium. (pullout sofa beds need to be replaced however) Great place and we will stay here every time we are in the Grand Rapids area!

Room Tip: Our room was wonderful - we were in 418 right by the elevator, but it was amazingly quiet being that...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 4, 2014

We had a King room suite, room 217, which looks exactly like the picture and room description on their website, Comfortsuitesgrandrapids.com. Very clean and comfortable. The Sofabed has a thin mattress, but housekeeping was more then generous with bed linens to make the sofabed much more comfortable. I love their pillows! This hotel is Walking distance to the Fifth Third Ballpark, which is exactly why we stayed here! After spending a Saturday afternoon drinking at the Winter Beer Fest @ Fifth Third Ballpark, we just wanted to walk back to our hotel-15 minute walk, at the most. The free breakfast in the cafe had a great selection of food; asst. fruits, make your own waffles, sausage, yogurt, cereal, muffins, bagels, toast, scrambled eggs, coffee, milk and juices. The hostess kept the food readily available ( which equals fresh!) and kept the dining area clean. Really glad to see that! The free breakfast is a HUGE perk to stay at this hotel because there is not much else around the area, within walking distance, except for a Bigby Coffee and Burger King. The pool (with a hot tub!) and mini gym were small but nice and clean. The staff at the front desk even recommended a very good Mexican restaurant in Sparta, MI - Downtown Trini's.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Grand Rapids East
Comfort Inn Airport
Comfort Inn Airport
#7 of 48 in Grand Rapids

Been to Comfort Suites Grand Rapids North? Share your experiences!