“Quiet & Clean”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Comstock Park
Traverse City, Michigan
“Quiet & Clean”
Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

Great accommodations. Stayed there for business for 5 nights and was very pleased with the service, friendliness, and cleanliness of this hotel. I would definitely stay there again. Easy access off I-96 and US 131.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Hotelmanagergr, Manager at Comfort Suites Grand Rapids North, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at the Comfort Suites. I'm glad we were able to provide you with all the comforts of home while you were in town for business. Please let us know if we are able to help you with anything else in the future.

Scott Smith

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Isle of palms
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Nice place to stay for families. It is nestled in a quiet area. The hotel is close to Fifth Third Stadium for semiprofessional baseball team. There is a family fun park within walking distance. The rooms are very nice and comfortable. My husband and I enjoyed our visit and would recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing the Comfort Suites North Grand Rapids. It's great to see that you were able to experience the area while you were in town. I'm happy that we were able to provide a memorable stay for you and your family.

We hope to see you again very soon!!

Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed October 23, 2013

I stayed in room 328 on October 21,2013 and the room was infested with fleas. The young man at the desk was very nice and moved me immediately after he came up and killed a flea on the bed himself. He told me I would be taken care of on my bill, which I received 10 dollars off. Not really what I expected after having fleas jumping all over me and moving during the middle of the night,

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Michael S
Hotelmanagergr, Manager at Comfort Suites Grand Rapids North, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Dear Michael S,

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review regarding your recent stay at the Comfort Suites. We are very sorry about what you experienced during your stay. We take these reviews very seriously. Based on your comments I contacted our pest solution company to inspect the room. Upon completion of the inspection he could not find any issues with the room. I would appreciate it if you contacted me so I could share the report with you. Our goal at the Comfort Suites is to make sure all of our guests have an enjoyable stay, so I would like to discuss how we can rectify this issue with you.

Comfort Suites North Grand Rapids
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed October 22, 2013

We enjoyed our stay, close to conveniences, right off U.S. 131. The hotel staff are friendly and helpful. The breakfast was good, the bed comfortable, and overall appearance was clean and well maintained. Have stayed here before and will again when visiting family in the area.

Room Tip: The rear of the building faces U.S.131, yet with windows closed it was quiet.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Gina44011,

Thank you for the kind words regarding your stay at the Comfort Suites. It is our goal to make sure all of our guests have an enjoyable stay. I also would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review about our Hotel. I will be sharing these comments with the staff.

Hope to see you soon!

Comfort Suites North Grand Rapids MI
Illinois
Reviewed October 6, 2013

As a business traveler, the title of this review sums up two of the most important features of any hotel I choose to stay at. This Comfort Suites was excellent on both counts. It is located next to an on-ramp to Rt. 131, but I didn't even realize that until the morning after my first night, when I took that on ramp and saw the side of the hotel I was staying on. The place was also completely booked the night I was there, yet still, but you would have thought you had the place to yourself. Kudos to whoever built this place.
The room (had a King Whirlpool suite) was huge, and very well laid out, with everything where it made sense (less common than one might think). Best of all, it was so clean I would have believed the property was new in the previous few months, if I hadn't known better.
The only reason that I didn't give an "excellent" review was breakfast. Beautiful room, large enough to handle a full house, but the non-carb choices were very lacking. I'll admit, I'm picky, but the comparable hotels I've stayed at in the area blow them out of the water. Just keep the eggs edible - scrambled, plain simple - and have a meat.
Overall, a great stay, and definitely one of my top three picks in the Grand Rapids area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay at the Comfort Suites.

Upper
Reviewed September 14, 2013

If you are planning on riding the White Pines trail, this hotel is the perfect place to stay. The trail is approximately 2 blocks from the hotel. The trail is located across a busy road behind the business establishments. The accommodations are outstanding and the service was great. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Hotelmanagergr, Manager at Comfort Suites Grand Rapids North, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Dear Buckeyeblazer,

Thank you for staying at our newly remodeled Comfort Suites Grand Rapids North earlier this week. We appreciate you giving us the opportunity to serve you and hoped you enjoyed the White Pines Trail. We hope you will come back again to visit in the near future and hope to get tips from you on the trail that we can share with others

Duane Zuber
Comfort Suite Grand Rapids North
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed August 10, 2013

We stayed here with our 2 small dogs on our way to the UP and then stayed again on our return from the UP. Their pet friendly rooms were clean and fresh smelling. The staff was very friendly and made you feel welcome. We did encounter a stressful situation which was defused very quickly by the front desk attendant named Kyle. His easy smile and reassuring manner was an example of what we have found Choice Hotels to be about.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear thatsafunnyname.

Thank you for staying with us a couple times last month during your trip to the Upper Peninsula and back. We are thrilled that you had a great experience staying with us. We hope you had a great vacation and hope to see you again real soon the next time your travels take you through Grand Rapids

Duane Zuber
The Grand River Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Hampton Inn Grand Rapids-North
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Grand Rapids East
Hampton Inn & Suites Grand Rapids Downtown

Been to Comfort Suites Grand Rapids North? Share your experiences!