“Arguably the best beer in Grand Rapids”
Review of Perrin Brewery

Perrin Brewery
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Traverse City, Michigan
“Arguably the best beer in Grand Rapids”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

My wife and I stopped into Perrin on our way into the city for Art Prize. We arrived during lunch hour. We were pleasantly surprised.

Admittedly, I've dragged my wife to more than her fair share of brew pubs. And yes, we've been to many of the ever-growing number of brew pubs and microbreweries in Grand Rapids and beyond. Including the big names like Founder's and Bell's. For us, Perrin is at the top of the list.

The array of beers they offer is impressive. But more impressive is that all of the ones we sampled, and we tasted eight, were superb. Not a clunker in the batch. Couple that with attentive, friendly service, and Perrin is doing a lot of things right.

The food, on the other hand, is pretty basic brewpub fare. But that's fine. When I enter a brew pub I think beer-first, food-second. The food is certainly well-prepared at Perrin (indeed the panko-dusted fried dill pickles were quite tasty). It's just not gourmet. And, I don't need it to be, either.

All in all, we were very impressed. And it will likely be a first stop on our next visit to GRR.

• Visited September 2013

Grand Rapids, MI
“They have corndogs!”
Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

This is my new favorite place! I've been three times in the past month, its awesome. The food is great. Corndogs are really great. All of the food, it is the kind of food you want when you're enjoying a beer, but made very well.
And then there is the beer. I am NOT a beer drinker, yet the first flight of 5 that I had was great, and I liked them all. I'm particularly fond of the Kona Brown, Razzberry Blonde, and Honey Do.
You have to try this place. Its the new Founders, but better. Way better.

• Visited September 2013
west michigan
“Looks like it would be great, but...”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

My husband and I went one evening to try Perrin Brewery out, but alas, were unable to get a seat. People looked like they were having fun sitting inside and even though it was still quite cool, they were sitting in the outside areas. It looked like a great place to come with a group of friends to laugh it up over a few microbrews. Wish we could have joined the fun.

• Visited May 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“Impressive facility with great service.”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

A large facility, with a large brewing area, especially considering it has only been open for about 1 year.
It has a u-shaped bar that seats about 5, numerous reg. and high tables inside, plus a covered outside patio. There also appears to be an upper level, not open at the moment for additional seating. The brewery itself is visible thru glass from most indoor seats, Not to mention the 3 tanks directly behind the bar. With all this space and seating, they are well equipped for larger social or corporate functions.

Service is fast, friendly and knowledgable.

Very good and varied food menu. Based on the dishes and sides I've had, their food is quite good; notably better than a typical pub, for instance.

A rather large selection of beers for a brewery with at least 12-15 on tap during my visit. Good variety too, and options to purchased in 4 oz samplers as well as 12 oz., 16 oz., and larger sizes. They sell and fill growlers.

Good prices, with excellent prices on their specials.

• Visited August 2013
Grand Rapids
“Nirvana! Pure nirvana for the beer connoisseur!”
Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

I think we tried about nine or ten different beers and there was not a dud in the bunch. Add their homemade potato chips are delish. Beer has good head. Ya gotta go there. We shall return.

• Visited August 2013