“Off the chain! Wow!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Amore Trattoria Italiana

Amore Trattoria Italiana
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Kids, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
New Braunfels, Texas
“Off the chain! Wow!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014

Best Italian in Grand Rapids, I heard, and I'm impressed!

My clerk at the hotel (Spring Hill Marriott) here in Grand Rapids told me to try this place. I'm very very very picky esp with Italian. I usually cook my own. This food was fantastic!

I had for an appetizer, Gamberetti which is crunchy shrimp in delicious sauce. The bread I believe is home made also, delicious. Speck e Mele salad was fantastic, fresh, wonderful combination of fruit, nuts, dressing! Penne de la Casa for main dish was something I did not want to stop eating but had to save room for dessert which was the Cannoli's. I thought I was getting one Cannoli or perhaps two but received 5 of them in a wonderful variety and sauce. I am just in heaven right now and need to relax, so enough of this review.

Lovely folks in this city btw... Chef and other staff very friendly, ambiance lovely. I had much attention at my table from just about everyone in the establishment which was very nice. Mind you I went at 4pm right after work, so I was the only one there!

Also Mike (?) from the bar was kind enough to give me a list of other establishments in town for my lengthy visit. I'm here for 2-3 weeks on business so will be sharing with my co-workers.

I highly recommend Amore. Glad I came.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Dallas, Texas
“AMAZING”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

I went to amore trattoria yesterday for the first time, and WOW everything was AMAZING, I just found my new favorite Italian restaurant! I will return many times over!!!

Visited March 2014
Comstock Park, Michigan
“A little short on ambiance but the food is wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

Each time I've been to this restaurant I come away not believing how good this restaurant is for Italian cooking. From appetizers to dessert, this place never fails to please. The cost is a little greater than the other neighborhood places to eat, but compared to what you'd pay in a restaurant of its equivalence in Chicago or New York it's very reasonable. The building its in reduces the proprietors ability to create ambiance, but don't be put off by that because you want to be their for the cooking!

• Visited July 2013
3 Thank garrick r
Michigan
“One of the best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2014

Traveled to many restaurants in the US and Amore ranks right up there. The staff and atmosphere alone are top notch, then the food!! Chef Jenna makes everyone feel at home.

• Visited February 2014
michigan
“What?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

I kept hearing how great and authentic Italian this place was so I finally got over there to try it. First, we waited far a table even though we had reservations but then were seated. It is not a classy place, more like a cafeteria but, hey, let's try some of that great food. Well, the meal took an unusually long time and none of our four choices were any better than average. I really don't understand why it is loved by some. We have no reason to return.

• Visited November 2013