“Average at Best, Poorly Run”
Review of Gest Omelettes

Gest Omelettes
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Wife and I visited first time today for breakfast. We ordered, her a Xbox corned beef one egg omelet, me a two egg western omelet. Not many tables occupied near us. Three more series arrived after. Our food didn't come, then noticed that all those ta bbq led had their fiid, while we ' were still waiting. Asked waitress if our order was in, she came back and said it would be couple minutes. We noticed that manager was at counter, probably finding order. Food finally came, omelets very average at best, with horrible hash browns. When I went to pay bill, the manager seen previously was at register. Told her about the service issue, she made up some story about food coming out depended on bcc what area of kitchen it went to. Nonsense. She made no apology whatsoever, just said I'll tell the kitchen Abbott your issue. I recommend you skip this place and go to any Coney island bcc where you'll get a better omelet, and better service.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (22)

Reviewed June 5, 2019

This is a cozy place in a strip mall. It wasn't busy at 10 am, although they appeared to be getting ready for a large party. Stopped for some breakfast after an early morning appointment. They specialize with eggs in anything, including egg nachos and tacos. We both went with variations of their omelet. You get an amazing amount of food and you can pick from about 12 different omelets or pick your own ingredients. The ingredients are fresh and good, but the different ingredients can be overwhelming to the taste buds. Hash browns could have been a little warmer and crispy. Overall, we will have to come back and try something different.

Date of visit: June 2019
Reviewed August 6, 2017

We had several people in our party and they made room for everyone easily. There were small children and they were talked to and made comfortable. The food was great. You would enjoy it too.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed June 15, 2017

This place offers a high variety of eggs-based dishes. It is an excellent alternative to the usual burgers. Dishes are well prepared, staff is helpful, price is fine.

Date of visit: June 2017
1  Thank Huyggens
Reviewed June 3, 2017 via mobile

I had breakfast here 10-20 times. Fast service and large variety of options. What cracks me up is that they don't make flat omelettes. Every time I try to order one, waitress shuts me down. So, if you are a fan of fluffy/puffy omelettes, consider something else.

Date of visit: March 2017