“Not at all what we were expecting”
Review of Chocolate Garden

Chocolate Garden
Ranked #1 of 10 things to do in Coloma
Reviewed October 14, 2013

From the billboard on the Interstate, we believed this was a place we could sit down and get something to eat and drink. The only chocolate we discovered were truffles, which isn't a chocolate we were interested in. The place was very busy with tourists trying to buy $3-apiece chocolate truffles. Had there been some other kinds of chocolate to indulge in, we might have stayed, but instead, we went across the Interstate to a tavern for lunch.

Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

If you are a chocolate fanatic then this is right up your alley. Its more of an adult place to go. Its small inside and it gets crowded as does the parking lot.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

You may find the Chocolate Garden at Exit 39 on I-94 at Coloma Michigan. Follow signage.

The chocolate truffles simply melt in your mouth. (Sorry for the cliché, yet it is true here!)

We had a cherry and a raspberry. They run about $2.90 each. USAToday raved about the truffles and they are not wrong.

It was a nice break in the trip from Chicago north into Michigan’s mitten hand to stop for outrageously delicious chocolate.

If you’re close by, stop in and admire the visual texture of the dusting/rolled chocolate covering and the taste, plus the care these folks employ to make a great treat.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I have driven by the billboards for years in Holland and never ventured off the beaten path until the traffic coming home from Chicago drove me to insanity. So we decided to take the road less travelled and were delighted to find this gem that apparently the entire world makes a mecca trip to. The owner is out in the tasting room watching your reaction (cute!) Definitely recommend a flight of truffle tastes. I have to say, this place gives Italy and France a run for the decadence race. If you can't make the journey HAVE THEM SHIPPED. If you have the means, I highly recommend it. I enjoyed the truffles made with wine, the orange was delicious. I don't know what other reviewers are crabbed about, I am a chocolate snob. Granted I was yes put off by the prices but truffles ARE impossible to make. So pay the lady, savor the flavors bursting on your tastebuds and lick the crumbs off your fingers, one by one. People are gabby and opinionated at the tasting counter, if you are an unrepentant people watcher like me, enjoy the ride. When you get off the exit you will find great little farm stands, wineries, a taco stand that has LaVazza espresso and if in season: peaches along the way. Yes it's po-dunk, but the produce is great. Nicer than stopping at Starbucks or McD's. We took the bat cave back to Holland to get to 31 north rather than slog through more tourist traffic. Ah the greenery.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

What else can I say? We spent Labor Day traveling to vineyards and other attractions in SW Michigan and visited the Chocolate Garden. For $2.99 you can taste 3 flavors of truffles.... I picked 3 dark and my husband picked 3 milk chocolate ones.

I LOVED the "Cayenne Kick" (dark chocolate with cayenne pepper) and the "Dark Salted" (dark chocolate with salt).

They were DELICIOUS.... bought some to take home.