“YUMMY Decadence” 5 of 5 bubbles

59 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“YUMMY Decadence”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

After visiting two wineries in the area we stopped by The Chocolate Garden (even though the car navigator put us on a gravel road). We paid for our tasting - $5.00 for four little truffle samples. There were four of us - and because we selected different tastes - we got to enjoy 20 samples (we got an extra one). OH MY! My only disappointment was lack of water - a glass would have been very welcome and would most likely not have cost them any more money. We were also disappointed that we could not customize our truffle box - for $43.00 I think that they could find a way to put together exactly what we wanted. All chocolates were already pre packed. My neice selected an iced mocha as we were leaving - but could not finish it as it were too sweet!

Grand Rapids, Michigan
72 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 108 helpful votes
“Wonderful Truffles”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

The truffles are soft, creamy and tasty. This place has apparently been featured on Food Network. With all that said expect to pay for these truffles. The best way to taste is the chocolate tasting. Similar to a wine tasting, pick 3 types and they will be lined up according to how you should eat them. The 3 tastings will equal about a 1/3 of a truffle. OR they do have packages of 2 truffles for around $5.50. There is a chocolate store down the road just prior to the Chocolate Garden.

1 Thank BT105
Louisville, Kentucky
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Very good chocolate but $$”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

A very nice place to visit but take a lot of cash! The chocolate truffles are excellent but also very high priced. The chocolate back down the road is as good and cheaper. Stop but be ready to spend alot if you purchase chocolate.

Chicago, Illinois
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Chocolate Garden”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

If you like Chocolate Truffles, Chocolate Garden is the place for you. They have a tasting bar where you select 3 truffles to taste. My son and I look forward to it and do this each year. There is also an unaffiliated Chocolate store between this store and I-94 that has excellent Chocolates of other varieties (including Chocolate Covered Bacon).

Visited June 2013
Glen Ellyn, Illinois
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“This is the best chocolate I've ever had”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

And that's saying a lot because I seriously love chocolate (as I'm sure everyone else who visits does as well). I don't know how much more I can say. It's just delicious and I've been craving it ever since. Driving into Michigan from Chicago there are billboard after billboard of this place tempting you to make a stop. I am VERY glad that I did, even with my sleeping passenger who woke up when the car stopped and just wanted to go home but perked right up when I told her I decided to stop here. :)

Visited September 2012