“Lovely Winery with Lovely Scenery” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 10 things to do in Coloma
Homewood, Illinois
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Lovely Winery with Lovely Scenery”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

last year we added the state of Michigan to our local vacation getaways and I did not get the chance to visit one of many wineries in this state. This year, on our way to The Chocolate Garden, we stopped at the Contessa. They actually had closed a half our earlier but I asked my husband to go in and ask if we could come in since I have been trying to get to a winery for a while. He graciously agreed to let us come in. I don't know if he was the owner or manager but he complied and boy was he the nicest and most patient guy. I'm sorry I don't remember his name. The wine was so reasonably priced. He was nice to my 2 teenaged sons. This is a little farther out from where we will be staying when we visit Michigan but the drive is worth it and we will return. Please visit this charming place. I guarantee you will love it!

Visited August 2013

wheaton IL
61 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 97 helpful votes
“Sunday fun day”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2013 via mobile

Very nice staff, wines are decent only issue for a large place the tasting bar is mall....also on the weekend there are wine tours of 15 people not only could you not get anywhere to taste by the time we got to taste the wine everyone raved about they ran out...

Visited May 2013
Coldwater, Michigan
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Wine Lover”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

Decided to try this winery along with other attractions in this area (chocolate shops, orchard). The view from the tasting room is beautiful and the wines were very good. We bought a bottle each of Dolce Vita and Blueberry. We each tried seven of the wines (all good) and the tasting fee is waived when you buy a bottle of wine. The wine is reasonably priced and I was enjoying the pleasant taste all the way home! We also visited the Chocolate Garden and want to come back when the cider mill nearby is open.

Visited April 2013
2 Thank Loralind
Whiting Indiana
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“A Great Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

We really liked this winery. The place is lovely, the wine was good, and the staff were welcoming. A bonus is the chocolate store at the end of the hill. Tasting are reasonable and if you buy a bottle they give you credit for the tasting.
We chose this location because of the handicapped accessibility

Visited March 2013
Wisconsin
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“Beautiful building - helpful staff - tasty wine!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

We were very pleased with out experience here. Wine was quite good and staff were helpful and friendly. Their aged raspberry cordial was delicious! Wine is reasonably priced and tasting room is very beautiful with lots of interesting artwork and jewelry to look at. We visited in winter, but they also have a three level outside deck which would be fun to sit out on in the better weather. Will be stopping again in the future!!!!

1 Thank twilightmom4sure