All reviewspool and hot tubtaco bellfront deskgreat place to staysausage gravynice clean hotelin townbreakfast sandwichoff the highwaypool areawould stay againbeds were comfortablehot breakfastthe breakfast areawaffleskfcheidi
Reviewed July 26, 2018 via mobile

Let's face it, this is Coldwater Michigan. You're not likely to find a michelin star rated place. But as far as clean hotels go, you can't get any better than the Best Western plus. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The lobby and exterior spaces are well appointed. The breakfast is actually quite yummy, except if you get there too late people take bags full of their fruit, and they were frequently already out when I went down to breakfast.

And now for the honesty part. I accidentally left my earbuds in the room. After frantically tearing apart my luggage, I realized I must have left him at the hotel and gave them a call. I spoke with a manager (Kelly?) who said that no buds had been turned in. I made some sort of flip comment like, "well, I hope the maid enjoy's her new earbuds". About 15 minutes later I got a phone call from the manager. She had tracked down the maid that cleaned the room and asked her about whether or not she had found the buds. She said she had, and lo and behold there they were. She had neglected to turn them in they were just sitting on her cart. The manager graciously put them in the mail that same day to me.

Previously, I have left things in hotels before period and when the manager checks the lost and found if it's not there that's usually the end of the story. I give the manager here great props for investigating further and getting to the bottom of this.

And only one negative. They allow smoking right outside the front door. Frequently it is obnoxious walking up to the entry. Surely, there is a another place to let people smoke that doesn't affect everybody comes to the hotel.

Next time in Cold water, this is where I'll stay. It will become my home away from home.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled solo
Casey W, General Manager at Best Western Plus Coldwater Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a lovely review about your experience with us! I am glad I could find your ear buds and mail them out to you. I know if it was me I would want the same done in a timely manner as well. We look forward to seeing you when you are back in the area!

Reviewed June 21, 2018

I was given a first floor room. The room itself was nice but the walls and floors obviously have no insulation because this is one of those hotels where you can hear every footstep in the room and hallway above. I got no sleep the night of my stay because three middle-and-grade-school aged kids were up all night (literally) talking, laughing, slamming doors and bouncing off the walls. I finally got the front desk person and the owner at 5:00 a.m. and the kids came to the door fully clothed and wide awake, Turns out the mom works the night shift and the kids are stashed in the room unsupervised. Totally unacceptable for the owner of the hotel to know about this but to allow the kids to be loud and unruly the entire night. So the Best Western Coldwater is this kind of hotel, more suited for truck drivers, construction workers, temporary laborers and down-on-their-luck single mothers. I stay in hotels 2-3 nights per week on business travel, but because of my experience here, I will avoid ever staying at another Best Western hotel. On a positive note, the front desk ladies were great and the breakfast was good, but if you are a business road warrior this is not a hotel for you. P.S. The entire parking lot needs to be professionally swept to remove the disgusting personal debris that litters it.

Stayed: June 2018, traveled on business
BestWesternHotels, Corporate at Best Western Plus Coldwater Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback of your recent stay, and we are sorry to hear that it did not exceed your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we hope you will give us another chance and stay with us again. -Best Western Hotels & Resort

Reviewed June 12, 2018

We stayed here a few weeks back and had an eventful experience from the time we got there till the time we left.
The front desk lady by the name of Laken was fantastic! She did a great job as she was extremely busy and keep her composure the whole time and handled everything in a professional manner.
I hope they realize that she's a keeper!

• Stayed: May 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 2, 2018 via mobile

Hello, I am currently staying here 2 night. I rebooked last night for four more nights later in the month. I am picky. This hotel is so beautiful and the staff is so friendly. The breakfast was AMAZING!!!

Stayed: June 2018, traveled solo
Reviewed May 23, 2018 via mobile

This is a great value and place to stay. The facility is great. But, the staff is awesome. They are very attentive to your needs and go out of their way to make your stay great. They truly care.
There is a very nice pool, the rooms are comfortable and the free breakfast is top notch.

Stayed: May 2018, traveled with family