“Average Mexican”

Ranked #9 of 57 Restaurants in Coldwater
Jackson, Michigan
“Average Mexican”
Reviewed November 21, 2013 via mobile

Ho hum. Salsa poured out of a juice pitcher and bland tacos and enchiladas. I like more flavor in my Mexican food. The building was very cool as others have mentioned. The food was not bad, just boring. They did have some interesting dinner dishes I might come back to try, specifically molcajete which I have never seen in the states but had in Tijuana and loved it.

Visited November 2013

Florida
“THE WORST!!”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Great location in old railroad station and even has old trains on track out back. BUT...totally lackluster wait staff, not one knew anything about this building nor did they care. The food was terrible! Salsa came & I guarantee you it was crushed canned tomato with raw onion. Absolutely no flavor or texture and the chips were wholesale restaurant supply. then came the main dishes...they arrived screaming hot, plates way too hot, i.e. they were made ahead and nuked. The meat inside the enchilada was the jarred ground meat from Cisco supply with no seasoning, the rice was even bad. The chile relleno was stuffed with velveeta type cheese that squirted out watery. Even the ice tea was weak & lousy. Couldn't wait to get out of this place.

• Visited October 2013
Middletown, Connecticut
“GOOD MEXICAN”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

A lot of variety on the menu. The food was very good in taste and quality. Nice setting in an old railroad station.

Visited August 2013
Coldwater, Michigan
“Used to be great”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

From the beginning of our visit, to the end, it was terrible. We have enjoyed this place in the past, but things have gone seriously downhill. The salsa was nothing more than tomato juice in a bowl. The food we ordered was bad. There was a mound of wilted, soggy lettuce on the side of the plate. It looked terrible, and I am surprised they weren't embarrassed to serve it. There was shrimp in one of our orders, and the shrimp was not cleaned properly. It was bad.
The floors were filthy with food and grime. The servers were cold and unfriendly. I am surprised because we used to really enjoy coming here, and the staff was always so much fun. Not so anymore. Today was our last visit.

• Visited August 2013
Fort Wayne, Indiana
“Great Mexican food.”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

My husband & I just had lunch here & it was very, very good. I had a huge burrito with ground beef, beans, rice topped with lettuce, cheese & sour cream & my husband had a ground beef taco salad. Both were excellent. The chips were fresh & the salsa was good with a little bite to it. The employees were very friendly, they call you amigo :). The food arrived quick & hot. The building is also quite interesting, an old train station. All in all, a very pleasant meal, we will definately be back.

• Visited July 2013