“stayed here b4, works for us”

Red Roof Inn Coldwater
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Coldwater
Defiance, Ohio
“stayed here b4, works for us”
Reviewed July 11, 2010

we have stayed here several times while visiting friends and family. the rates are always good, and the rooms always comfortable. we always go out for breakfast, but their breakfast in a little less than ordinary from what we can see. but firekeepers casino is only about 20 minutes away,

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Jacksonville, Texas
Reviewed June 24, 2010

I have stayed at many Hotels but this one tops the cake. The staff was very courteous and very attentive for all my needs. The young girl Erica was a great help with all my questions for best places to eat. The general manager also went the extra mile to ensure our stay was a pleaseant and enjoyable one. The rooms were also clean I would highly recommend this Hotel to everyone who wants quality service.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Portland, Tennessee
Reviewed May 30, 2010

We travelled across three states with two teenagers and two small dogs so we were exhausted when finally made it to the hotel. Everything was great-quick check-in, great room, plenty of space, right next to a Walmart just in case we needed anything, AND a great breakfast the next morning. This is the only place we stay now when we visit Coldwater.

Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
indiana
Reviewed October 16, 2009

Room was clean and nice with microwave and fridge in room,great management.coffee is 24 hours in lobby.front desk staff very helpful. free continental breakfast and free wireless internet a plus!!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
Australia
Reviewed August 19, 2009

I stayed at the Red Roof Inn and being an Australian I was surprised at its great value.
Internet access, free breakfast, free coffee all day, all necessary appliances in room.
Location was good next to restaurants, Walmart and only 1 minutes walk!
The management were wonderful and very friendly. The rooms were clean and spacious and the price was excellent. Oh yes, the king bed was soooo comfy!
Will definitely stay there when visiting Coldwater again.

• Stayed February 2008, traveled solo
ottawa
Reviewed March 16, 2009

Was not meaning to stop here but ran into bad weather on my trip. Unfriendly, rude manager at check in, room was dingy. Then a fight broke out in the room next to me, the hotel staff would not call the police. I changed rooms ( after being given keys to 2 occupied rooms). I did not feel safe.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled solo
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed December 25, 2008

We had a horrible experience here in September 2008. That was on our way to Canada, we booked just before we got there around midnight.

Our room was on the 1st floor behind the front desk. At the moment we stepped in, it smelled a bit. I thought it was weird but my wife didn't. While she was taking a shower I found some dog [-] on the floor!!!

I went to the owner and told him to change rooms. 30 minutes later he came up to me and said another room was ready. I knew that the room he was cleaning was the one 2 guys just moved out. I went into the room and noticed horrible alcohol smell and dirty carpet.

We packed again, got refund and left at 2:30 am. We parked our car in a truck parking area on the freeway, slept a couple of hours.

I would not say no to stay in this hotel, but at least never stay in the first floor without dogs.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Coldwater
Quality Inn & Suites Coldwater
Days Inn Hillsdale
Days Inn Hillsdale
#1 of 3 in Hillsdale
Holiday Inn Express Fremont

Been to Red Roof Inn Coldwater? Share your experiences!