“Outstanding”

Red Roof Inn Coldwater
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Coldwater
Reviewed March 5, 2014

I traveled over 600 miles for my mother's funeral and Duane was able to find me accomodations for four nights even though one night was completely full. I asked if I could be at the top of the list if any cancellations came in as I would be staying for four nights. He not only was able to accomodate me, I didn't have to move rooms. The room was exceptionally clean, bright, nice end room, quiet, comfortable beds, hot shower, clean towels, clean linens. Thank You for a comfortable stay, I will be back. I checked out around 3:00 am and the clerk offered me a hard boiled egg and muffin. Your staff is incredible!

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and sunny. Microwave, coffee maker and refrigerator are also provided. No ha...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Zach K, Manager at Red Roof Inn Coldwater, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2014

Thank you so much for your review! We here at Red Roof Inn Coldwater strive for excellence in customer service. We're so glad that our staff was able to accommodate you and make your stay so enjoyable! We look forward to your next stay with us.

There are newer reviews for Red Roof Inn Coldwater

Reviewed February 18, 2014

Very nice, weekend stay. Not luxury but for the cost, worth it. We wasn't looking for a pool, sauna or hot tub. Just a place to sleep and enjoy the weekend.
Breakfast wasn't big if you are expecting a huge, warm breakfast, but it was fast and easy. Room was clean.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Alim r, Front Office Manager at Red Roof Inn Coldwater, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2014

Thank you for your positive review. We at Red Roof Inn try to provide a clean, comfortable room at a reasonable rate. We are indeed no frills, no "bells and whistles", but what travelers need to relax and sleep well and have a light breakfast to get them started in the morning.
We are happy that you had a nice stay and hope you come to see us again soon.

Reviewed February 1, 2014

I traveled here from Fort Lauderdale, FL, having left 80 degree sunshine, I flew into Detroit and negative 11 Degrees, 45 mph freezing winds with way too much snow! I rented a car and drove to Coldwater where I had a reservation at Red Roof Inn. I am mostly wheelchair bound, but as soon as they saw me, I instantly felt warm, safe and welcome!!!

My room was just a few feet from the front door, thankfully and I was most pleasantly surprised when I entered my room. It was nice and warm, had the microwave, fridge, huge flat screen HD TV, 2 inviting beds, a convenient room safe available to use, regular & decaf coffee/personal coffee maker/necessities, iron & ironing board, hair dryer, plenty of clean towels and various personal amenities. In my travels, I have a habit of literally tearing apart the bed - to check for cleanliness. (I have watched those shows about "Restraunt, Bar, Motel Rescues" that I even check the ice makers for cleanliness! And am happy to report that I felt safe drinking using the ice maker ice! LOL). In the morning there was the usual free continental breakfast (also with 24 hour coffee available) and a huge flat screen tv right there. Financially, (frankly I am a Senior citizen Super penny pincher!) this Red Roof Inn gave me the MOST value for my hard earned money!!!

This Red Roof Inn is literally feet from the North/South I-69 Highway, surrounded by restaurants offering every imaginable fare, multiple gas stations, tanning salons and numerous stores to shop in. Coldwater also offers a huge variety of things to do all year round, the Chain of Lakes, The Nationally known Tibbits Opera House, and a huge number of other things to do. Google Coldwater to see for yourself how exciting Coldwater, MI can be and say Hello to the kind people at Red Roof Inn, when you book your reservation!

There has been an uncommon amount of snow this year, but the parking lots and sidewalks have been repeatedly cleaned, including the lobby floor, very safe for walking, canes, walkers and wheelchairs. The staff has been very kind about sending and receiving emails and faxes for me and going out of their way to meet my every need. I guess I have carried on quite a bit, however I am very quick to complain, so I feel I need to give Kudos when Kudos are necessary!!! I pray your visit is as nice as my week was!!!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Sharon A
Alim r, Front Office Manager at Red Roof Inn Coldwater, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2014

Sharon;
Thank you so much for that wonderful review! It is gratifying to all of us here at Red Roof Inn to know that our efforts to make you feel at home are appreciated.

We have struggled this winter with snow and cold, but keeping things clean and safe is and will always be a priority. Thanks for noticing.

I hope people will come here (after the worst weather subsides) and enjoy what Coldwater has to offer. Again, thank you so much for the great review. It was a pleasure getting to know you and helping out wherever possible. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed January 12, 2014

We stayed at our favorite Red Roof Inn because our friend is sick with cancer.Seems as though things have changed! Some people were drunk in the room above us. So around 2:15 am I called the front desk and spoke with Kelly. The people were taken care of and made to leave, Kelly took care of the situation. I finally got to bed at 8am. We packed up the next day and got on the road. We called the front desk and said we are on our way and the room in free to be cleaned because we had a late check out of 1 pm. Granted it was like 1;30pm now so yes we were late but we also were kept up all night and exhausted! I had left a tip for the cleaning people as well as leaving a very clean room.Then the man at the front desk states that "I have charged your room for another day". So we drove back to the Motel to talk to the front desk after all we went though we were not going to get charged a full rate over night for 30 mins. We were met with a man who was very hostile,rude and disrespectful. Come to find out this is the owner! He says tell me what happened last night. I said you know the story. He said to me no I do not. I was getting breakfast when Kelly the front desk clerk was reporting the situation that had occurred to the owner Alim at 7:25 am or so in the morning and the events that took place. She pointed me out saying that lady was up all night. Then we drive back to the red roof inn because of the threat of a room charge and he trys to tell me he knows nothing of what we endured the night before? really? How rude? what if it was his wife and him sleeping to then be woken from a deep sleep to people yelling and throwing things? So when he said he knew nothing I lost my temper and then he said I don't know if I want you at my motel. I have never been so disrespected in my life! Kelly was fantastic! She saved the night for us! She went above and beyond.Not sure if i will return, if I do it will be for Kelly. After meeting the owner and having him treat me so bad not sure that i want to support his business. I loved the location and had been a regular for many years, I'm very sad and so disappointed with the owner, he needs to be a humble,honest and fair man to run a successful business.Thank you Front desk Kelly, your an angel from heaven!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Alim r, Manager at Red Roof Inn Coldwater, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

First, thank you for your response and for your praise for Kelly and the job she did in assisting you. She is a valued employee.

Please accept our apologies for the problems encountered with the people above your room and the difficulties it presented to you. We did give you a FREE NIGHT CERTIFICATE for the problems you endured.

Regarding our checkout policy, even with a late checkout, once it gets to be 2, 2:30pm and beyond, we have to hear from the people in that room so we know what is going on. Otherwise, we have no choice but to charge for an extra day as we cannot use the room that night.
I did not wish to be rude or insensitive, I was just trying to make an informed decision.

Reviewed January 12, 2014

This has been my favorite location to stay while in Coldwater, Michigan for years. This location is pet friendly and very convenient. I have a dear friend battling cancer and I needed to be close. I called in the day prior to make my reservation with the gentleman over the phone and asked for the best price because of my friend being so ill..When I checked in at the front desk there was a very young man and women possibly new clerks? I am a demanding customer. That is why I have always come here when in the area. I like a very warm welcome with very excellent service..So, when I checked in if felt awkward this stay. I prefer a more mature front desk with the finesse on how to care for weary guests upon check in. I did not feel that warm welcome like I did in the past. I'm not sure if the owner has a high turner over or what but I want to make mention of someone here who really made things better for me. I'm not sure what happened to the computer and printer either in the front business area but you need that here for guests. I will pay a fee if necessary..Also, the back door lock is broke and needs to be fixed ASAP! If you pull hard it just opens. I noticed that and it was not like that in the past Then,.I went onto the red roof inn site to update my address and noticed a cheaper rate then I was offered. I went up to the front Desk and Kelly helped me with a warm friend smile and I was grateful. Then later some drunk people started making noise and woke me up. I called the front Desk, Kelly answered and I told her what was going on. Kelly was outstanding, she took control of the situation and the people were removed immediately.She made me feel safe. Kelly gives this Red Roof Inn a home like atmosphere. She does not just work here, she really cares about people and going the extra mile. I stayed two nights. The breakfast was great. The muffins and eggs were Delicious!.Coffee was always fresh. In order for me to want to come back you need more people like Kelly. Maybe she can teach classes on how to be nice to guests.We spoke with Dwane as well. I used to work at the Westin Hotel in Detroit airport. I know how to give excellent service. Its not hard to do but in general most people in the work force don't care now a days. Excellent service is rare.Kelly is a rare Jewel, I hope you appreciate her! She is making your business grow. I can get the cold shoulder anywhere. So I'm writing to say that things got a little rough but because of your Kelly, I will come again. And I hope she is working when I return.:D Keep it going I want this to continue to be my favorite place. Please keep in mind the ratings I give below are based are the service I got with Kelly/ Thank you

Room Tip: When you come with a dog. Stay on the first floor. Room 101 is the best one, right by the door to go...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Alim r, Front Office Manager at Red Roof Inn Coldwater, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2014

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your kind words for Kelly. She is a valued employee, and she will be pleased with your praise.
We do apologize for the incident from the night to which you refer. Those are difficult to handle, but Kelly did a superb job in dealing with it.
We are also sorry that you did not feel that others on staff were not as accommodating as Kelly.
We will address that issue and deal with the side door problems as well.
Thanks again for your review and we look forward to seeing you soon.

Asst. Mgr

Reviewed January 5, 2014

I came to Coldwater, Mi. arriving. from Brooksville Fl. on the evening of December 23, 2013. . My Mother had pass'd, and I had to get a room and desided to chk in at red roof inn, never staying at one before. I was so upset, with the passing of my Mother, for this is why I had to come to Coldwater, Mi. Talking to "KELLY" the desk clerk, telling her of my mothers passing and being in a hotel for the x-mas holiday, she had given me her condolences, and compassion, that I would've never expected it from her. Words are not enough To PRAISE KELLY, for the outstanding performance she had given me, in the time of sorrow of loosing my Mother. As I was in the lobby, getting my coffee in the morning, she was right there, for everyone that was coming down, making sure they were taking care of. I have stay'd at many hotels, and I never ever have been given the treatment that this fine lady had given me and my partner. GOD BLESS, Kelly ! I will come back, for Kelly, had won me over. Thank-you, so very, very much, for your outstanding performance. Now, on ther other hand, I had noticed, there was an error with my billing? DWAIN, was working at the desk, so I had approach'd him questioning the extra 3 chgs to my banking account, and he told me, with an attitude, to call my banking, for which I told him I already did, and he walk'd away, leaving me standing there. HOW RUDE Expedia, then call'd the front desk, with me standing there, listening to him, and he notices it being red roof inn error, he then gets off the phone, explaining it to me. Why didn't Dwain, just look it up, when I first approach'd him, instead of giving me a attitude, and walking away from me, but then when he gets a phone call about the error, he corrects it. Shame on Him, But Praise to Kelly !!

Sincerely, Ray Posante

Room Tip: right off the highway, nice location
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Ray P

Thank you so much for your review! We here at Red Roof Inn Coldwater strive to provide excellent customer service. We're so glad that we were able to make you comfortable during this time of grievance. We're sorry that not all of our staff was as helpful and hope that we will be able to make it right. We here look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed December 19, 2013

I was in Coldwater for business and stayed here one night. The Business King room ( with microwave and small refridgerator ) was clean and comfortable. Room access was via interior hallways which were also clean and tidy. There was a modest but adequate breakfast offering in the morning. One of the nicest Red Roof Inns I have stayed at. The hotel seems rather new.

At checkout the front desk had already printed out my receipt so there was zero waiting - nice ending to a great stay. I would stay again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Alim r, Front Office Manager at Red Roof Inn Coldwater, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2013

Thank you for your great review of our property. We are relatively new (2001) but we strive to keep our Inn looking good at all times. Our housekeeping staff is top-notch and aims to please.
We certainly hope that you will return and again we thank you for your kind words.

Asst. Mgr.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Coldwater
Quality Inn & Suites Coldwater
Days Inn Hillsdale
Days Inn Hillsdale
#1 of 3 in Hillsdale
Holiday Inn Express Fremont

Been to Red Roof Inn Coldwater? Share your experiences!