“So nice!”

Red Roof Inn Coldwater
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Coldwater
Reviewed July 20, 2013

We arrived in Coldwater late, just looking for a place to sleep. I found positive reviews for the Red Roof Inn, so we checked in. What a nice surprise! The room was large, well appointed and immaculately clean. The value for the very modest price was great. We were very pleased with our stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Alim r, Front Office Manager at Red Roof Inn Coldwater, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Thank you for your kind words and positive review. We here at Red Roof are always working hard to keep our property clean and neat--a place you want to come back to again and again.
We also work to keep our prices competitive, so people can afford to enjoy their stay without overpaying.
Thanks again for the good comments. We hope to see you very soon.

Dwain S.
Asst. Mgr.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

I've always been pleased with the continental breakfasts that RRI offers, but I was disappointed in this one. Only a small amount of decaf coffee was available, the donuts were in another place- other than on the buffet area, hard-boiled eggs were so-so and there just wasn't the nice looking offerings that other RRI have had. The room was okay, but the bathroom facilities looked "worn out"...
I just wasn't pleased overall for what we got.
Also, I waited about 7 minutes to checkout at the front desk and no one was available..

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Alim r, Front Office Manager at Red Roof Inn Coldwater, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2013

We are sorry that your visit did not meet your expectations, particularly the breakfast. We are trying to expand the menu with limited space and will continue to try harder to offer the kind of breakfast to which you've become accustomed.
If you choose to stay with us again-and we hope you do-we will make sure that you will not be disappointed and will do whatever is necessary to insure this.
Regarding check out, someone should be available at any time--this will be looked into.

Thanks,
Dwain S.
Asst. Manager

Reviewed July 7, 2013

took 2 of our grand kids (8 and 6) to visit family in the area. we have always stayed here. the prices are very reasonable. the rooms clean and comfortable. the kids had a blast. only problem was the room smelled faintly of smoke when we got there. told the front desk about it so they wouldn't think it was us. also, the shower pressure seemed lower than usual. the free breakfast is just enough to get you to a regular restaruant .

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Zach K, Manager at Red Roof Inn Coldwater, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2014

Thank you so much for your review! We here at Red Roof Inn Coldwater strive to provide the best in customer service. We're so glad that we're able to make you comfortable on your visits. We'd like to apologize for the smell and water pressure problem. We hope that in future your stays will be as comfortable as possible! We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed June 30, 2013

We stayed at this property on June 22, 2013. We were told that it was highly rated----quite the contrary. We booked a king suite. They called the day before arrival to apologize that they were overbooked and would we be willing to take a double room instead and we would be compensated for the error on their part. We agreed! The room we received was dirty, threadbare carpeting, a foul odor in the room and a TV from the 80's. We hardly slept for fear of bedbugs. Would not recommend this property for any reason. The reduction in rate never occured, we were charged the going rate for that type of room. Never again!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your review. We here at Red Roof Inn Coldwater strive to provide excellent customer service. We would like to apologize for not meeting your expectations. You would probably be pleased to know that we have been recently renovating and have replaced much of our old carpeting and TV's. We hope you will come back and give us the chance to make it right!

Reviewed June 17, 2013

We stayed at this Red Roof Inn for two nights while on our mini vacation for the NASCAR race this past weekend....
The hotel itself is really quite nice. I love how it's right next door to Walmart! My hubby dropped my daughter and I off and he & our son continued on to Brooklyn for the ARCA race Friday night. We didn't realize that the hotel offers free passes to Anytime Fitness, just across the street. Had we known, my daughter and I would've headed over there for something to do. :) Oh well, no worries, at least you know about it now :)
Check in was easy, we had a reservation and got into our room. Double beds, flat screen TV, A/C worked perfectly, microwave and fridge. Very nice. Carpet was threadbare in a few spots, our shower rod was pulling away from the wall and there were some paint peeling areas above our shower, but that's to be expected with all the water and steam, otherwise, no complaints about the room. We did let the front desk know about the rod, I just didn't want them thinking it was us. But no one came either day, we just told the kids to be careful when pulling the shower curtain. Bathroom was split up, toilet and tub in one room, sink on the outside which I prefer.
Beds and pillows were comfy. Wish there would've been more pillows, and I'm sure if we would've asked, they would've provided. We did have to ask for more towels, only provided 2 bath towels each day.
The freezer worked amazingly. A lot of times, you get these mini fridge/freezer combos that don't really do the job, this one was awesome!
Our room was right by the freeway, and I'll admit, the noise from the freeway did keep me up quite a bit during the night. I've stayed at other hotels near freeways and truck stops and never heard a thing. You could probably ask for a room on the other side of the hotel maybe to help with that?
Probably the smallest breakfast area I've ever seen. Seating for 6 with 3 tables! LOL. Minimal selection, cereal, donuts, muffins some fruits and juices. Decent enough, we got lucky the first morning getting a seat, but the next morning we sat on the couch and chairs in lobby.
No pool, but we knew that.
Clerks were really nice. Had a younger guy with blondish hair that was really helpful with questions. The girl that was there the morning we left was a little "overwhelmed" I think. We went up to ask her for more milk and even before I asked she was like "you need milk?". I said "yes" and she replied "I'll get there when I can". I understand it was busy....Not the friendliest, like the others, but not outright rude either.
Some guests decided to have parties out the side door and in the parking lot, which is fine, not the hotels fault. They were quiet enough, just a little weird to walk through them on the way to your car. haha.
Would I stay here agian? Not sure.....would probably try to get into the Comfort Inn, which has a pool and probably bigger breakfast. However, if there were no vacancies anywhere, I would be fine staying here.

Room Tip: Try to get a room a little bit away from the freeway if possible. It's hard because it's rig...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Alim r, Guest Relations Manager at Red Roof Inn Coldwater, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2013

I apologize that your experience at Red Roof was not as good as expected. We do have an Anytime Fitness sign on the front counter, but it may have been partially obscured when you checked in. I am also sorry that your shower rod was not fixed--that should have been done soon after alerting the front desk.
Regarding the breakfast area, we are working on ways of better utilizing the space we have to better suit larger groups of people. We apologize for the freeway noise; the rooms on the east side of the hotel may be better for you, for future reference.
Again, please accept our apologies. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience sometime in the near future.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

My husband and I and our two young children spent 2 nights here while attending my brother's graduation from Hillsdale College. We were pleased with the friendly check-in, despite being completely booked up and busy - I heard Dwaine at the front desk very politely turn away a traveler inquiring about availability despite there being a sign on the door saying there were no vacancies. Right away he brought up a brand new mini fridge, so we'd have milk for our little ones, and a crib - it was a real crib, not a pack 'n' play (love that)!

Our room was clean, quiet, and comfortable. We were very pleased with the value for the price. I recommend staying here.

• Stayed: May 2013
Alim r, Guest Relations Manager at Red Roof Inn Coldwater, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2013

Thank you so much for the kind words and the great review. We really try to make people feel at home at Red Roof and offer whatever we can to allow everyone to relax and be at ease.
Thanks for your compliment to me personally. Everyone enjoys getting a pat on the back and all of us here will continue to do our best to make our guests feel special.
Thanks again

Dwain

Reviewed May 12, 2013

This hotel has improved over last 5 years but the Staff and Management are horrible. I booked my room on RED Roof INN.com on 4/12/13 for advanced payment to get the better deal. The problem happened when I went to check out they charged my credit card again. I told the half asleep 19 year old girl behind the counter that I had advanced purchased the room on 4/12/13 and even got on the hotel computer to show her my transaction. She looked and saw that I had already paid and then called a 800 number to figure out how to fix it and also verify. They told he I already paid but I would have to talk to a member of management. Well being it was Sunday no managers there of course. Si I left my number and told her to let her boss know I needed a call back to figure out what was going on. So Monday came and went no call, so I called customer service at red roof inn and they took my statement and said a managers would call me in 1 to 2 days. So the next day the Manager calls me and says I see in your statement that you said you paid on line and we do not offer that like I was not telling the truth. I said you do offer it and I was charged on 4/12/13 and your customer service has already told your associate that I already paid. Then he says let me look and says he will call me back. 5 minutes later he calls me back and says yes you did pay on 4/12/13 and would I like to take off the 5/5/13 charge I say yes and that is it. No we are sorry for the inconvenience that we caused you on vacation or anything. Like I said before this is a very nice hotel for the price but I will stay clear for now and spend the extra $15.00 to stay at the Hampton Inn across the street. This manager lost about $1250 a year from my other family members that stay here on there way to the UP of Michigan and Canada 3 times a year for not giving me a simple apology.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Alim r, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Coldwater, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2013

I am terribly sorry for not only the inconvenience caused on your vacation, but also for the response of the staff, myself included. I apologize for the frustration we caused you and for the lack of promptness in our responses. Please reconsider and accept our offer of a free night's stay whenever you would like to visit us. Again, my deepest apologies.

Alim Razi

Also consider these accommodations in or near Coldwater
Quality Inn & Suites Coldwater
Days Inn Hillsdale
Days Inn Hillsdale
#1 of 2 in Hillsdale
Best Western Plus Coldwater Hotel

Been to Red Roof Inn Coldwater? Share your experiences!