All reviews sausage front desk waffles room was clean warm pool the maintenance man fresh fruit nice place to stay exercise room nights rest in town game atrium mi cereal chicago
Reviewed October 1, 2017

We only planned on spending the night. And late night at that. We were in town to visit relatives staying at Waffle Farm Campground for the Halloween Trick or Treating. No openings there to camp for night so booked here. There was a problem checking in that the door wouldn't opening, it had locked from the inside & it would take awhile for them to fix so they upgraded us to a suite. Very accommodating - the rest of visit very nice. Breakfast buffet - very nice. and they kept it well stocked.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed September 18, 2017

Was looking for a nice place to stay for anniversary. Arrived and was able to get a 1st floor room. They have a nice indoor area with a warm pool. Thought the bed was way too soft but room was clean. Did think is was a little overpriced but they did have a real nice hot breakfast, waffles, biscuit and gravy, scrambled eggs, sausage, fresh fruit, cereal, danish and a lot of other items.

Room tip: If you have children the first floor rooms open out into the play area.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 17, 2017

When we booked the event room we were told it had AC, would hold 50 round tables, and accommodate up to 400 guests. The manager said to draw out the room arrangement and they would set it up the way we wanted. 2 weeks before the wedding he informed us that we would have to set up the room. When we came after rehearsal to set up there were only 28 round tables and are hands got filthy rolling them pout because they were so dirty. The chairs were all ripped and some were broken. Even with only 28 tables the rooms was packed. the day of the event they kept trying to tell us the AC was working but there was no air coming out of the vents at all. They finally offered to comp us a suite but we said no. I'll be calling my lawyer in the morning. They charged us a ridiculous price and just plain lied!

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed September 4, 2017

Stayed in an upscale hotel for the week in Chicago but needed a place to stay for the drive home, stayed here due to the in room Jacuzzi, I was skeptical but all in all, it was a fine stay. the room was clean, bed was comfortable, Jacuzzi was fun, it was a good stay all around. The only thing was you could hear everything going on in the halls

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 16, 2017

I booked a room here as it was the only room available in the area - literally. The room smelled damp and chlorine-like. My room was on the top floor, but with a pool-facing room, all you can smell in the halls and the room is chlorine, and a strong chlorine smell. The room also had a sour smell to it like a damp towel was left out, as did the bathroom. I had checked in for a one-night stay, but after walking into to the room and realizing I just couldn't stay there for the night due to the smell, I walked back to the front desk and checked out less than 10 minutes later. I was told by the front desk person that my account was "zero'd out" and no charge would be applied. A few days later, a charge was on my card. I called the hotel and spoke the manager who then told me there is a 24 hour cancellation policy and my money would not be refunded. He referred me to "corporate." That's $135 for less than 10 minutes, and I didn't even put my bag down on the carpet. I just walked in, smelled the air, and turned around and walked out. Stay away from this hotel and this hotel chain. They are not customer friendly. I never would have stayed here anyway if it wasn't the only room in town available at 3 AM on a Monday night. Lessoned learned.

Room tip: How to choose a good room? Go somewhere else.
Date of stay: August 2017