“Excellent and friendly staff !!!!!”

Quality Inn & Suites Coldwater
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Coldwater
Reviewed July 22, 2014

I've stayed here twice now and on both occasions I found a friendly energic staff that took care of a issue I had noticed that they had overlooked. (Display of Old Glory)
Overall the room was clean and the breakfast was hot.

• Stayed: July 2014
Michael R, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Coldwater, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2014

Thank you so much for using some of your valuable time to share your thoughts on your recent stay with us!
Also, thank you for pointing out the correction that needed to be made regarding the display of the American Flag! We made that change the very next day!

Thank you again!

Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

We have stayed in this hotel many times prior to it becoming a Comfort Inn. This time we had to take a suite due to a baseball tournament in town. We ended up in the exact room that we stayed in for a family funeral. There is no way this room should be called a suite. One person can barely turn around in the bathroom let alone two. There is no space to get out of the bed on one side. I guess the addition of a microwave and a fridge which block the mirror constitutes a suite. We paid $89 for this same room several years ago. This time paid $139. Now let's get to breakfast where we encountered some of the rudest staff members I have ever seen. First of all the waffle machine needs a thorough cleaning. No matter how much spray you use the waffles stuck. Flies were everywhere. We arrived, along with several other people at the tail end of breakfast. They had started putting food away prior to the cutoff. My husband quickly grabbed eggs and sausage as they were taking the food almost out of his hands. I politely asked if they still had a donut left. The girls rolled her eyes and brought the tray back out. I have never seen 3 women demonstrate such an attitude of disrespect to the people that are providing their paychecks. We were then asked to leave immediately upon putting forks down with the last bite. Sorry folks but for $139 I expect to be able to come down and get my breakfast within the time frame allotted. We come to Coldwater frequently since we have family here. Guess next time we will stay at the Holiday Inn Express. These young ladies need some lessons in customer service. They put such a negative spin in my head that I have difficulty finding anything positive to say.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Meanmom13
Michael R, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Coldwater, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2014

Dear Guest!
Thank you for sharing your concerns relating to your recent stay with us! I will most certainly share them with the hotel staff. I want to assure you that your observations will further enhance our efforts in providing excellent guest service!

Reviewed July 3, 2014

Date of stay July 1st 2014.
I'll get my biggest gripe out of the way first. The internet service in this hotel is very poor. It would not remain connected long enough to be of any use. When I asked the desk clerk about it, he said that when too many people try to log on at the same time it fails. Considering that when I first tried to use it the parking lot was only half full, it shows that the system is nowhere near capable of supporting the possible number of guests. So don't stay if internet access is a must. I have a few other, more minor, complaints. The picture on the flat panel TV was so dark it was difficult to watch, and there seemed no way to adjust it. We were in a room with a King bed, so I would have expected a lamp on each nightstand, but there was only one. The bathroom was clean, but the suspended ceiling looked like it might fall down at any moment. We could have used more bath towels (there were only two). In the game room, the only two games that would have interested me and my wife (pool and air hockey) were both out of order. The swimming pool was being maintained on the Wednesday morning so could not be used.

Now for the good points. The staff were all friendly. The room was clean and comfortable. It had a balcony with access to the pool and atrium, although one person would have to stay in the room as there was no way to lock the balcony door from the outside (there was a lock but we didn't have the key). The bed had crisp, clean linens, plenty of pillows, and was comfortable. We slept well.

The breakfast was very enjoyable. There were strawberries for the waffles, nicely cooked scrambled eggs and sausages, the usual bagels and pastries, and fresh fruit.

The location of the hotel is very good. Easily accessed from the freeway, it is close to restaurants and antique stores.

Room Tip: Our only experience of rooms at this hotel is the one we stayed in on this trip. Room 208. It was on...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Colin A
Michael R, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Coldwater, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2014

Dear Sir!
Thank you for using some of your valuable time to give us your feedback on your recent stay. Thank you for the wonderful compliments about the hotel staff and the quality of our fabulous breakfast! Also, we very much realize how important it is to not only offer free WIFI but to provide the speed that our guests expect.

To that end we are in the midst of increasing our bandwidth 10 fold to provide the speed and capability to handle the level of sheer volume of internet use.This will be completed on July 10, 2014. We hope that you will come back to stay with us again and enjoy the level of internet service we will be providing to you and all our guests!

Michael R.

Reviewed May 29, 2014 via mobile

Our check in went smoothly. The staff was friendly. Our room was clean and bright. The breakfast was good even though we had to eat in the lobby one day due to overcrowding. No one seemed to mind though. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014
Michael R, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Coldwater, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2014

Dear Guest!

You were obviously here the weekend of the Hillsdale College Graduation and the Car Show at the Fairgrounds! Sorry you had to use the section of the ballroom we set up for breakfast time overflow. It's quite the same atmosphere as our beautiful dining room. If you were here for the Graduation congratulations! If not, I'm still glad you and your family had such a nice time! please come back and stay with us again we would love that!

Sincerely!

Reviewed May 28, 2014

This hotel used to be a ramada inn and it was so so since comfort took it over and remodeled the rooms and beds are real nice ,the breakfast room is best I've ever seen, waffles,fresh fruit, and the usual and they have a huge indoor pool area for the kids

Room Tip: Stay away from pool area unless u have kids
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Michael R, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Coldwater, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2014

Dear Guest!

It was a pleasure for me to read your review for our hotel! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience and I'm so glad you and your family enjoyed yourselves! We hope that you and your family will come back to stay with us in the future!

Please ask for me when you arrive as I would very much like to meet you and your family!

Sincerely!

Reviewed May 14, 2014 via mobile

My friend and I stayed in room 293 the night of May 13 to the morning of May 14. We enjoyed the pool and most of the staff were friendly except someone named Jen, I think she was a supervisor. Me and my friend thought checkout was at noon, but Jen comes knocking on our door a little after 11am asking when we were going to get out of there! How rude! I explained that we were confused and thought checkout was by noon, but she told us it was 11am and kept asking when we were leaving. I felt so rushed! I said something like, "ok ok, we'll hurry up and start getting out of here!" But I still found it so rude and irritating that a supervisor feels the need to harass guests when the difference from when we thought we had to leave was just an hour! My friend said she had good luck with this hotel before and this was my first time staying there with her so she was shocked that I had such a bad experience having to answer the door for someone kicking us out! What kind of customer service is that! What kind of hospitality is that! We enjoyed the pool, the room was clean, and most staff were pleasant except the lady who pushed us out. So if my experience with checkout would have been better I would have given 5 stars, but since I value customer service so much, I had to give 2 stars. There's no need to be so rude to guests! Me and my friend luckily didn't have to face that lady when we did get out of there!

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Guest!

On behalf of myself and the entire staff please accept my apologies for any inconvenience our short comings may have caused you and your guest. I will share your comments with the entire staff to serve as encouragement to exceed our guests expectations. I would very much like the opportunity to regain your confidence and I will personally see to your 100% satisfaction. Please feel free to contact me directly should you choose to stay with us and I will personally make your reservation and see to your total satisfaction!

Warm regards!

Reviewed May 14, 2014

I stayed here for 8 days while working at the local electric utility, The location is really good just off I-69 and close to everything. The room was real nice, clean and comfortable, bed and pillows extremely comfortable the bathroom was a little small, but hey this is a hotel not my home so it shouldn't be that big, lol. The breakfast every morning was great and fresh coffee ready 24/7. The regular room was definitely worth the rate charged These are things I have come to expect from Comfort Suites The thing that set this hotel apart was the staff here professional, polite and caring, but it wasn't just an act. Due to an unexpected power outage during my stay the front desk computers were down and the front desk clerks were using their personal cell phones to check in guests. Other staff members were taking the guests to their rooms using the master keys since the key card machine was not working without the electricity being on. The manager was there in the lobby talking to the guests and helping to work through the power outage. On the day of my check out an unplanned service trip to Lansing had come up and Shaun the front desk clerk called to the Comfort Suites in the Lansing area at Diamonde, Mi and set up my reservation there while I was finishing up my work with the Coldwater Board of Public Utilities and even called me that night to let me know I had accidentally left some personal belongings in my room(bagged and tagged with my name on it for me to pick up on my way back south). I will say this if you are ever in this area you will not go wrong staying here. Great hotel and even greater staff!!!!

Room Tip: You have a choice of an outside wall room or inside by the pool, forgot to mention they have a heate...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

Dear Guest!

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts and compliments regarding your recent stay! Though the power outage was probably a once every 10 year event due to it being a city wide outage we are pleased that you felt that we handled it so well!

On behalf of myself and the staff thank you again for taking the time to share your thoughts! We all look forward to seeing you here again!

Regards!
Michael Roberts

Also consider these accommodations in or near Coldwater
Red Roof Inn Coldwater
#2 of 3 in Marshall
Cadet Motor Inn
Cadet Motor Inn
#2 of 4 in Coldwater

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Coldwater? Share your experiences!