“Best Italian in macomb county”

Luciano's italian Cusine
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Armada, Michigan
“Best Italian in macomb county”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

The servers are friendly the food is FANTASTIC, I reccomend the veal. Great atmosphere very relaxed very intimate I enjoyed my dinner for 3 hours. The REAL Italian style

• Visited September 2012

Michigan
“MEH”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Stopped in on a Wednesday evening for dinner looking for a romantic dress up dinner with my beautiful wife. I had heard many people talk of Luciano's and read many of the reviews. Checked out there website it all looked good. Recommendations on a good meal and the website stated romantic candle lite booths.

Well upon arrival reality set in and there was none of that, The so called romantic booths are along the wall of the very bright and loud main dining room. If the one candle on the table was lite you would never know as the room was bright. Music old Italian classics Dean Martin and Frank a bit loud so it could be heard over the loud chatter. To sum up the ambiance there was none a food court would be just as romantic.

We waited about 10 minutes before someone showed up with water another five for a waiter to show up that stated I've been doing this to long. Took our drink order and I gave him the appetizer order with it which was Escargot. Drinks came out quick the app. took awhile and when it arrived it was a messy presentation and the sauce had a film over it, which told me it was done timely in the kitchen and the waiter left it in the window. The snails were average the sauce was very good probably would have been fantastic 15 minutes earlier.

Ordered dinner her Linguini with white Clam Sauce mine Veal Saltinbocca. Took forever to come out of the kitchen and surprise surprise the gravy surrounding the Saltinbocca had the magic film on it. Both meals were average at best might have been better if the waiter had bothered to get them out of the kitchen in a timely manner.

So I will sum this place up as Epic Fail...... No romance, shoddy service and average food would not recommend or even give it a second chance. I am not one to pan places that are not deserving as you can see if you look at my review profile. But on this night Luciano's did nothing right.

• Visited July 2013
5 Thank firestalker
Macomb, Michigan
“Wonderful experience for special birthday.”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Fabulous food. Also, plenty of it. By the time the entrée comes, your full. Canoli's are the best. Favorite restaurant.

• Visited March 2013
Washington Twp., MI
“Authentic Italian in a quaint Old Italian decor”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I ate the chicken piccante and chicken Marsala here a handful of times and the food is consistently excellent. Their bread is delicious and the bread sticks stand out beyond delicious. The menu has something for everyone but my personal favorites here are the side dishes of Swiss Chard and rappini which are made to perfection. My mouth salivates just mentioning these two dishes.

Visited May 2013
Macomb, Michigan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very Disappointing Experience”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Today we had dinner at Luciano's Restaurant. I have to say, it was very disappointing considering this restaurant at one time had been our absolute favorite. My husband ordered the Steak Luciano and we understand that the price of everything has risen, but two thinly sliced pieces of beef for over $20 is ridiculous. I ordered the Chicken Marsala and it was very good but three small medallions for $17 is also ridiculous! In the past when I ordered that dish, the portions were much more generous! This restaurant is now checked off our list!!!
The service was excellent, but that does not make up for the rest of the experience.

• Visited April 2013