“Truly enjoyably epic dining experience!”
Review of Ernie's

Ernie's
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed July 22, 2011

In mid-July, I invited several friends to join me for dinner at Ernie's. Being from out of town, I asked around for recommendations on where to dine in the area here, and heard Ernie's was special. I was immediately impressed with the atmosphere, very warm and inviting with perfect music. The hostess, Angie, was also our waitress, and she proved to be a stellar and friendly guide through the extensive and innovative menu. After much discussion and meditation, I chose the Lamb Shank Osso Bucco. It was off the charts delicious ... tender, succulent, and flavorful. For appetizers, we had a variety of stuffed savory pastries and stuffed cabbage leaves. The staff even allowed us to sample a few other delicious dishes to help our decision-making. Sadly, my poor Greek-language skills caused me to constantly mis-pronounce some of the dishes, but Angie and the waitstaff kept me on-target. For dessert, I had the most amazing pastry, stuffed with a creamy, citrus-flavored confection that perfectly complimented the pastry. The young gentleman who showed us the dessert cart was very patient and descriptive, and again, we were allowed to sample some of the wonderful selections. The atmosphere and setting were perfect for lingering leisurely over the meal, with a lot of laughter and lively discussion among friends. A great evening in every way!

Reviewed June 13, 2011

This place should be condemned..the own is losing ground in a very competitive market place. The waitress we had was very rude..The owner seems desperately trying to compete and has cancelled the good entertainment for a crappy DJ...Dance floor is way too small. the ceiling tiles were falling down when u look up..

Reviewed December 30, 2008

We chose this location for a family dinner (ages six to eighty-two) on 12-27-08 with a large party of twenty-five. When we arrived, we were pleasantly surprised by the atmosphere. The food was excellent and the wait staff was very helpful deciphering the Mediterranean cuisine for the American-fare-loving customers among us. The wait staff was very attentive and the manager dedicated two servers to our group with a third helping; the bread was always fresh and the drinks always full. I would highly recommend this restaurant for a large group, a quiet dinner for couples, or a girl’s night out. I think younger children may get restless while dining as it is not a restaurant targeted towards children, but then again Chuck E. Cheeses’ is right up the road.

Reviewed December 10, 2008

We took my mom to Ernie's for her 80th birthday. There were 10 of us and there was a great table set up for us. The new menu is outstanding! We all had different appetizers, salads and dinners so we seemed to have tasted everything! The service was great. The wait person was extremely attentive and had great knowledge of the menu, ready to answer any question regarding preparation. The desert cart was to die for! A different wait staff person explained each one. I can't say enough about the food. It was great. Something for everyone's taste. We can't wait to go back. Wish they were open for lunch!

Reviewed October 24, 2008

I had never been to Ernie's before, so for my daughters birthday I wanted to take her and my family there for a nice dinner. I called in the morning and made reservations for 8 at 7:15pm. I arrived at 7:10 and found out that our table was not available and that it would be a while. I was very displeased. We ended up sitting in the bar and having our dinner because I thought that it was ridiculous that we stood in the lobby area and waited well over 30 minutes. The bartender was the only employee that I found there that was more than happy to please his customers and we didn't even order drinks.
Ernie's famous bread was brought to us, will out oil, butter or anything to dip it in or put on it and it was horrible tasting. The perch dinner that was ordered by 5 of the 8 of us, was dry. The green beans with garlic butter sauce were good.
I was very dissappointed in the service of everyone( except the bartender ) the food as well as the choices on the menu, and I was considering this place for a work related holiday party, but I have since taken it off my list and will never return to this establishment again!

1  Thank qzph0z