“Greatest”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
“Greatest”
Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

Nice place and atmosphere. Freshest ingredients possible. Its obvious we don't live by the ocean to get fresh cuts. So whatever that bad comment about freshness was about, hes from Utah, he probably thought our great lakes was the ocean. But hands down best sushi in town and freshest sashimi. Great customer service and loyalty.

Moab, Utah
“Needs help...”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Every sushi offering in the display case was from frozen product, with the exception of the salmon, which the chef said was "fresh." As a professional sushi chef, I know that salmon, in most states, is one of the only fish REQUIRED to be frozen for a certain amount of time. As a part-time freshwater fish, the freezing period is required by most Health Departments to kill food borne parasites. This varies depending on the fishery and farming practices, when pertaining to farmed fish. It is required of all wild salmon. The other mainstays: tuna, toro, yellowtail, tilapia, escolar (which they incorrectly and misleadingly call "White Tuna (ono)," a common lie in the industry) and tamago all were frozen products. Ono, by the way is a different fish entirely: wahoo, and escolar is not a white tuna, at all... Google escolar, and you may think twice about eating it, at all. I could tell just by looking that products were frozen, and called the chef out on it. Rather than denying, he conceded that 90% of East Side sushi bars use such products, with an incredulity, as if thinking..."how do you know all this?" I didn't tell him how I know, just advised that if he wants people who know anything about sushi to return, he should use fresh products. Further, I told him that this is evident in looking at the clientele of a West Side sushi bar, Izakaya Sanpei, in Plymouth, bustling with Japanese business, because everything there is authentic, fresh, and made in-house. On a positive note, the service was good and welcoming, the atmosphere decent, and the chef... well nice try... He had the good humor to ask me if my Asahi (funny namesake, but no relation) Beer was good. Of course it was... it would be hard to f- that one up!

Share your review

Shared on Facebook
Email to friends

• Visited November 2013
Fraser, Michigan, United States
“Best sushi”
Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

I know its surprising to see in a busy strip mall,but this is one of the best sushi places around. I usually come here when i crave sushi, very clean restaurant.

• Visited May 2013
Saint Clair Shores, Michigan
“Best sushi we've found..”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

We have tried many sushi restuarants & this by far is the best! There are many that come close that are more pricey, but still not as good. This is a smaller intimate restuarant & very friendly/authentic service. Looking forward to our next vist!

• Visited May 2013
Clinton Township, Michigan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fresh tasty food, a cozy atmosphere and friendly service”
Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

After reading the reviews here I decided to give this place a try. I'm glad I did... While its a really small place and as others say in a strip mall... It was a great meal! The owner was super friendly as was the waitstaff... Walking me through the menu. I got two different specialty rolls... It was hard to choose which to get as they all sounded so good. My meal came with soup and salad... The soup was really tasty... The salad was nothing special content wise... But the dressing was very good. Then the rolls... One was fried, the other not... Both were delicious. I'll definitely be back.