“Wouldn't go back”
Review of The ConCorde Inn

The ConCorde Inn
Reviewed April 29, 2009

Was there on business at the Air Force base so the location was convenient but that's about all I can say for the place. Older property that could use some updating. Rooms are large, have micro and frig, and wireless internet which as nice. Bed mattresses were old and uncomfortable and bedding was very well worn. I had a clock radio that you couldn't set the alarm on, one of the two phones didn't work and the toilet seat set offset and was in need of repair. Breakfast just ok, doable but nothing great. Pool looked nice however, I did not use it. Nice workout facility. Nothing within walking distance in the way of eating establishments or shopping. There is a Holiday Inn Express close by that also offers the Government rate that would be a better option.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank CRNBRY3

Reviewed February 27, 2009

We visit family in nearby Mt. Clemens and have found this a convenient location. The hotel was previously a Best Western but is now under different ownership. It's basic, no frills. Rooms are quite large. Beds are okay but not great; linens nothing great. Decor and furnishings are what you'd expect in a hotel of this type. Rooms have refrigerators and microwaves.

Many rooms have huge jacuzzi tubs (which is also where the shower is located) and sliding mirrors so the tub opens into the bedroom. They are deep and difficult to get in and out of, although grab bars have been installed. The sliding wall also limits privacy in the bathroom.

The complimentary breakfast is typical and unremarkable, but it's possible to find something somewhat healthy. There is no restaurant, nor are there any within walking distance.

A private health club shares the building with the hotel; guests may use it and the pool. The club has lots of machines and offers some classes; the pool is quite large and very clean. There is also a salon on the premises.

At the time of our stay, no in-room movies were available. This is apparently in the works, but it's unclear when they will be offered. There is free WiFi.

All in all, a very acceptable but unexciting place to stay.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank psSilverheart
Reviewed October 14, 2008

My husband and I stayed her overnight just for fun. We chose it because it was not far from home and close to Mount Clemens, a hot spot for nightlife in Macomb county.

The Jacuzzi tubs are big and powerful. The water comes out REALLY hot here! I loved it. The only problem was I could not push the button-it was very difficult. My husband had to press with all his might to turn it on and off.

The previous reviewer was correct about the "wall" next to the tub. It can be opened, I guess for easy access...but it is thin and you can hear everything inside or outside of the bathroom. I do not understand this. I guess it is not a major issue, but if you were traveling or sharing a room with someone you better be comfortable with them enough to share "noises" from the bathroom. No avoiding it!

One more thing, the framed art in the room was cracked so bad, glass was about to fall out. We actually did not notice the crack until the sunlight hit it the next morning or else we would have called. It was dangerous. I informed the front desk upon check out.

It is the best hotel you are gonna get in about a 5 mile radius. If you need to stay near Harrsion Twp, Clinton Twp, or Mount Clemens, I would recommend this hotel for the amenities it offers- you won't find another like it close by.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank adrixia
Reviewed September 17, 2008

The amenities are nice but be prepared to pay extra. The fitness room is soon to be a Golds Gym so a membership may be required. Hotel guests have to pay extra for racquet ball and even more to rent the equipment. The breakfast is good but since it became free to the guests no longer includes bacon, sausage or any meat products, just stale bagels, and scrambled eggs. The prices at the hotel store changed 3 times in one day from free to .25 cents to a dollar for the same product!! It also make me nervous that items labeled “not for individual sale” were being sold it the store! The staff is also very rude with attitude always for little requests like new towels, and make sure you are out of the pool by ten or the lights go out and you get pushed out like a closing K-Mart store. The associates are so bad-mannered to the point of calling my corporate office in retaliation on my complaint to their GM. My favorite part of my stay was the Salon the staff there was super friendly and accommodating!

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank coconutreview
Reviewed August 16, 2008

My husband and I did a weekend trip from Maryland to Mount Clemens for a family anniversary party. We were looking for an inexpensive but decent hotel to stay for 2 nights. Not having been to Michigan in over 20 years, I did some research on the area hotels. This was one was less than 10 minutes from our relatives' home, priced right, and the reviews were favorable.
After driving through a not so great neighborhood, I got a bit nervous but the area appeared nicer when we reached the hotel. We were very happy to see how nice the lobby was and the same when we got to to our room. It was a nice size and most importantly, very clean. We had a small refrig, microwave and coffeemaker. The bathroom has a huge jacuzzi tub though it is set up a bit weird (sliding doors from the tub to the living area). The staff was very friendly. Our floor and room were very quiet even though both nights parties were being held at the hotel.
We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jmuMaryland
Reviewed July 25, 2008

We stayed at the Best Western Concorde Inn after a family wedding, simply because that is where the reception was.

Pros:
* Room is larger than average. Standard room has two queen beds, table, armoire, and good sized closet.
* Staff was very understanding with late checkout request on a Saturday morning. We ended up checking out an hour later than scheduled checkout.
* Gym/fitness area is above average.
* Small safe is located in the room.
* Fridge in room.

Cons:
* Tiny window for such a large room.
* TV was small. This didn't bother us, as we didn't have time to watch TV, but it was probably about 22" or 24".
* Beds were horrible. One of the beds in our room was hard as a rock (but not supportive), the other was too soft. My husband had a backache the following day...
* Large jacuzzi tub between bedroom and bathroom. One would think this would be a pro, but it was just weird. The jacuzzi tub bridges the gap between the room and the bathroom. The tub is literally one foot from one of the beds, and it is separated by only a closet door. The advantage is that one can take a bath while watching TV if one desires... however, it isn't very practical. When I showered (even with the closet door closed) the steam overtook the main room. From the room, you can hear EVERYTHING that happens in the bathroom. The jacuzzi tub isn't separated from the toilet/sink area, so if you open that closet door, the entire bathroom area is visible from the main room. Also, there is nothing to separate the bathtub from the carpeting and furnishings in the main room. We did not notice any strange odors in our room, but my parents room had a strange, slightly moldy odor - perhaps from water having been splashed from the tub onto the carpet.
* The bathroom itself is poorly laid out, poorly lit, and kind of small. In my opinion (and this is just an opinion), the bathroom could have featured a smaller jacuzzi tub, shower stall, and toilet, in a separate area from the sink/countertop/mirrors, as many hotel bathrooms are now being designed.

Bottom line:
* I can't think of any particular reason why you wouldn't want to stay here, but it didn't really do anything to "wow" me. It was average. If I have an event in the area again, I'll probably stay at the Hampton Inn, which is consistent for having very comfortable beds. :*)

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NearPerfect9
Reviewed August 2, 2007

My occupation has me traveling every week. Therefore, I stay in a different hotel every week. Overall, this is a nice place with many 'perks': Large Rooms, Big bathtubs, Swimming Pool, Game Room, Smoking Lounge, Laundry Room, etc. I'd book this site again.

• Stayed: August 2007
1 mi away
Hampton Inn & Suites Detroit/Chesterfield Township
Hyatt Place Detroit / Utica
TownePlace Suites Detroit Sterling Heights
TownePlace Suites Detroit Sterli...
#3 of 8 in Sterling Heights

Been to The ConCorde Inn? Share your experiences!