“Errors”

The ConCorde Inn
New Baltimore, Michigan
“Errors”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2014

We stayed with a large group/conference. Banquet area and meals were great. Room was clean.

But the lady at front desk made a mistake and didn't check us in. The next morning they gave our key to a stranger who entered our room and realizes someone else was in the room. The lady at the front desk proceeded to pound on our door screaming at us wanting to know who was in the room. I asked to speak to the manager. Manager did not speak to us right away. She made us wait Situation was finally resolved. Still not happy that a stranger entered our room.

Pool closes at 9:00 on weekend.
Outdoor ashtrays never cleaned.
Breakfast was not great. Only had bagels, waffle machine, coffee, eggs, and sausages. No fruit or yogurt.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jolaine_Mi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2014

We stayed here for a wedding and I wish we knew of other options in the area. The hotel staff is not very friendly. Our room key didn't work. The whole floor has a wet, smelly feet scent. There was no sign in the room for us to not be disturb, so of course we were, before check out. The whole place is outdated for the price we paid. There's duct tape on the carpets by the elevator, our wallpaper is peeling/curling off in the bathroom, the panel on the AC/heater is just resting on top of it, and the sounds the elevator makes gives an unsettling feeling. We needed ice so of course (adding to our stay) the ice machine doesn't work, the machine one floor below doesn't work either, we had to go down two floors and try three machines for ice. Stairs are not marked nor were we able to locate them so we had to wait for the elevator every floor change during this ice search. The elevator itself creaks and clunks with the carpet rolling and and peeling from all sides. To conclude our stay, the breakfast bar was overlooked, dry sausage links, watery eggs, and a waffle maker that didn't want to let go. It took myself and a staff member to peel off a waffle in bits and pieces. The banquet hall for the reception was exquisite, but the rooms and the rest of the hotel need an update.

• Stayed January 2014
2 Thank Honestyisgolden

Travelers are raving about these Clinton Township hotels

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

This is an attractive-looking property from the outside. Friendly welcome by staff at reception. Elevators are a long walk from the entrance and operate very slowly. There are no stairs near the elevators. The hallways are a little dim and drab. Carpeting appears to need a good vacuuming. The room was clean and comfortable. Fairly good soundproofing. Room had a jacuzzi which worked well. Bath towels were kind of small, just slightly larger than a normal hand towel. Room came with a free breakfast in a rather drafty breakfast room. Breakfast included scrambled eggs, sausage, waffles, bagels, and bread--Not a full breakfast selection, but certainly more than a continental. The property does not have a restaurant per se, but does host weddings and events and it appears food is brought in by an outside caterer. There is a spa and pool, but we did not use them.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Lawrence D
Macomb, Michigan, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for our honeymoon. A friend's gift was a weekend in a suite. As a free stay for us, it was ok, but I am glad we didn't pay for it. We didn't know that the bed was a sleep number until late the second night. I was looking for an alarm clock and found the remotes on the floor behind the headboard. I thought that the bed was just hard on one side and soft on the other. There ended up to be no alarm clock, and when I called asking about it, the desk only offered to set up a wake up call. There was a hole in one of the towels in the bathroom. The girl at the desk offered to switch it out, but the point is that it was put there. Not that it affected the usefulness of the towel. There was also no pen or paper in the room. You also may want to have your electrical checked. With nothing plugged in and the jet tub not running, turning off the lights shouldn't set off the breaker almost every time. The one complaint in many of the reviews, about the tv's needing to be upgraded, they are not flat screens (not a big deal to me). But there was only 21 channels. We went to relax in the pool, but there was a kids pool party going on. Parents were not paying attention to them throwing balls near other guests and swimming into others that were swimming laps. The sauna wasn't working during our visit and I have never been to a hotel that didn't have a hot tub in the general swimming area. Also, the showers near the pool didn't work. When we let the woman working the area know, she just said, "No, they don't work." With no thought that they may ever be fixed. There was a men's locker room, but the women's was out of order. So our rating is a 3 out of 5 for our stay. It would be much less if I had to pay for it.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dan S
New Haven, Michigan, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

Well I have only heard good things so after moving all weekend with no Air we decided to stay here to relax! Room 341 first room looked nice halls were a sauna but we got room went in then went to get some food come back eat at the desk so we don't sleep with crumbs to relax look down next to bed and see some kind of crap next to the bed and a cheese it under the other bed as we had twio queens! So call desk they get us another room ..... Room number 2 was room 322....an Upgrade we are told ........ look at bed UGH Crumbs all over the one one by pillows and a big crumb on the other bed .....I thought was bugs but bf said no was crumbs ........... then we complain all we want is a CLEAN ROOM for 109+ tax and all that ......... so now its late and we are exahsted from moving and now we have to keep moving rooms too by now we are very upset........... so on to room number 3 ........220 get in most was clean BUT we were gonna use the upgrade in this room and after filling the tub black crap floating all over the bottom and the buttons and jets all nasty dirty .........OK so now PISSED I took my bf and went for the free breakfast which was ok nothing special and the fans were blowing HIGH . I had to use my purse to keep napkins on the table as my bf is finishing his food the plate blows over all over him and he goes to complain about this whole damn stay to the manger whom did discount the night to a whole ater tax 80 dollars! I would of rather stayed in a flee bag motel then I would of expected this!! UGH NEVER AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tracy M
Eastpointe, Michigan, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

My son and daughter-in-law recently held their wedding and reception at the ConCorde Inn. The banquet facility is beautiful and we were excited that guests would be able to book rooms at the hotel following our event. The wedding was amazing and the banquet coordinators were extremely helpful and the food was great! However, many guests had varying complaints about their hotel rooms. Obviously there are plumbing issues in the facility as well as the rooms. Only 2 sinks in the women's restroom worked near the ballroom, and many of our guests complained about jacuzzi and plumbing issues in their rooms. This facility is beautiful, and it is a shame the hotel management doesn't spend the time to take care of these issues. Overall the banquet facility rates 5 stars but the hotel only 2 stars.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Halesowen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

We travelled to the US for my cousins wedding and were booked into this hotel as the reception was taking place there. When we were told the cost we didn't expect too much to be honest but when we arrived I thought we were in the wrong hotel! The reception area was very impressive and the staff were really cheerful and helpful.
We took our bags into the room and all I can say is WOW! We opened the door and were in a sitting area that had a nice natural light in the roof with a large TV (although surprisingly it was not a flat screen). This are led into a corridor which had a small kitchen area with fridge and coffee machine. There was also ample hanging space and full length mirrors. The bedroom area was large and bright with a huge bed and another TV (again not flat screen). There were sliding doors in the bedroom which when opened revealed a jacuzzi in the bathroom. I can't comment on the jacuzzi as we didn't use it at all.
Once we had dropped off our bags and freshened up we went downstairs to the reception. The happy couple hadn't arrived so we went exploring and found a fabulous Tiki bar around the back by the pool! There was a BBQ and the drinks were really cheap! A great little find
Breakfast the following morning was a little disappointing and I think the area it was served in let the hotel down a little in the decoration stakes. It was more like a cheap cafe than an hotel.
If you are thinking of holding a function there then the food we had was outstanding and the function room was superb. I can't comment on the pool as I didn't use it but from what I could see it was a decent size and there were people using it.
I sometimes think people only use these website to vent their frustrations if they have not been happy with their stay but I believe in praising good service as well as moaning about bad and everyone's perception of good hotels is different. All I can do is give an honest opinion on my stay and if I was in this area for any reason would make this hotel top of my list.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
#1 of 2 in Clinton Township
La Quinta Inn & Suites Detroit Utica
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chesterfield
TownePlace Suites Detroit Sterling Heights
TownePlace Suites Detroit Sterli...
#3 of 6 in Sterling Heights
Comfort Inn Utica
Comfort Inn Utica
#3 of 7 in Utica

Been to The ConCorde Inn? Share your experiences!