All reviews room was clean small hotel detroit area place to sleep one night stay housekeeping staff would stay here again budget accommodations fixtures toiletries rates freeway troy
Selected filters
Reviewed April 8, 2019 via mobile

We checked into our room at about 11 PM and checked out of the room at 11:05 PM. The toilet would not flush, the tub was dirty the bedspreads were too small for the bed and wrinkled, the baseboard of the bed was cracked and broken and to top it off our first floor room window would not close so somebody from the outside could simply slide the window open and hop in our room. When I reported this to the front desk clerk she said “don’t worry we don’t have people hopping into rooms from the outside here” needless to say that didn’t settle my mind very much. I requested a new room and was told they had no more so we checked out. Do not stay in this stinky nasty hotel.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank J K
Laura G, Manager at Super 8 by Wyndham Clawson/Troy/Detroit Area, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I do apologize that you did not like the room you were given. We did sell out so that was the last room available. I understand that being on the first floor with windows that open and close you may have a safety concern. However, I did check that room today and almost all of what you said in this review is untrue. The windows in the hotel do open and close but there is an option for you to put a wooden sliding window bar in the window so no one can open or close the window.The toilet is working properly. The bedspreads are not dirty. The room that you booked is a room that has 2 full size beds in them so yes they are small compared to a queen or a king you may have at your home. Again, I do apologize and I contacted Wyndham for you to make sure that you receive your points back as you did not stay here. Thank you again.

Reviewed February 10, 2019

Due to winter vortex I needed a cheap and convenient hotel to stay in for business related travel. This hotel met those expectations and for that I'm mostly satisfied. However, I cannot in good conscience recommend this hotel. Quality was poor, it looked rundown, hallways were dirty and smelly, toilet barely worked, everything looked old and dingy including bedding. However, breakfast was good and I'm thankful for having a cheap and convenient place to stay in a pinch.

Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Laura G, Manager at Super 8 by Wyndham Clawson/Troy/Detroit Area, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to review. I am glad that we were able to accommodate you with a place to stay during the winter storm. I apologize that you feel like the quality was poor. Our hotel is dated but is very clean. We take pride in giving every guest a great experience. If you are ever in the area again please give us another chance and accept a 15% percent discount. Thank you again.

Reviewed February 1, 2019

Winter storm, this super 8 had a room, made sure there was parking available and had necessary toiletries in stock. Save and sound was very easy to check in and front desk made sure hot coffee was made.

Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Laura G, Manager at Super 8 by Wyndham Clawson/Troy/Detroit Area, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2019

Robbi,

Thank you so much for the kind review! We value you as a guest and we love when you come to visit! We can't wait to see you on your next stay! Thanks again!

Reviewed December 30, 2018

In the realm of budget accommodations, this is one of the better ones in the Detroit area. It's in a good safe location, not to far from the freeway. The rooms are spacious and pretty clean. I do think some of the bedding could be replaced. I also liked that the room had a mini fridge and coffee maker. A simple breakfast is included in the room rate. The staff is for the most part friendly and helpful.

This Super 8 is a good choice if you're looking for budget accommodations.

Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Laura G, Manager at Super 8 by Wyndham Clawson/Troy/Detroit Area, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to write a review! I am glad that you enjoyed your stay. We take pride in making sure every guest is happy and comfortable during their stay here at Super 8 Clawson. We will be renovating and upgrading in the near future and hope to see you again! Thank you!

Reviewed December 8, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I were in town for a funeral and needed a place for one night. This Super 8 was conveniently right down the street from the funeral home. The staff was fast and efficient. The room was clean and for the price it was a good option. There are several restaurants close by soma great location as well.

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Laura G, Manager at Super 8 by Wyndham Clawson/Troy/Detroit Area, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us a great review! I will share your positive feedback with my staff! If you are ever in need of lodging accommodations again please come back to see us! Thank you!