Super 8 Clawson/Troy/Detroit Area
$107
$119
$107
Residence Inn
All reviewssmall hotelcable channelsroom was cleanlong term staydecent staywafflesroyal oakrefrigerator and microwaveone night staybusiness travelerother guestswould stay here againfront desk stafffree breakfasthot tubsuper8detroit
Reviewed January 31, 2012

I spent one night here for business, and overall it was a good experience. The room was comfortable, had a good amount of channels on the TV. It was pretty close to food, only about a 5 minute drive away. The room was clean and pretty basic, overall what you would normally expect from a Super 8.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank USFBowler
Reviewed January 26, 2012

I was only here for one night to sleep after going to a Detroit Pistons game. It was easy check-in and out, room was clean and quiet. It was just what I expected. Would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Edward C
Reviewed May 17, 2011

We have stayed in this hotel many times because my husband just got transfered here from Georgia in January 2011. For the price the hotel was surprisingly satisfying; clean rooms, good breakfast, nice hotel staff, until recently. They just hired a new General Manager named Nik and he is awful. He double charged us for the same room and when it was brought to his attention we were treated very rudely, it took over a week for the charges to be reversed from our bank account. The breakfast used to be very nice and well maintained until he got there, now if you dont get breakfast when its first put out you miss out because he will not refill items that run out. I was very disappointed with the service we received the last time I was there. Will not be back until they get a new General Manager.

Room Tip: Only had one good room with king bed
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank VNLyons
Scott T, General Manager at Super 8 Clawson/Troy/Detroit Area, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2011

I would like to begin by first saying thankyou for taking the time to write a review of our property. I am very sorry for hearing what happened during your last stay, and I would like to let you know that management has changed since your last visit. I also want to thankyou for your loyalty to this property, and I hope to see you here next time you are in town.

Scott
GM Super 8 - Clawson, MI

Reviewed April 13, 2011

My sister and I found Erica and staff to be warm, friendly and helpful during a recent stay in Michigan, You don't always find the personal touch when traveling, and this particular trip was already laden with sadness as we were attending a memorial service due to a death in the family. This Super 8 hotel had all the comforts of home, and staff went above and beyond their call of duty: whether it be supplying fresh towels or directions to the local markets. (Whole Foods is just blocks away). Delicious breakfast available every a.m. and free wi-fi. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank tess451
Reviewed April 11, 2011

I chose the Super 8 because it had great rates for the area. The staff was friendly. I missed the breakfast but the Manager Erica gave me a bagel even though it was after 10am. This hotel exceeded my expectations. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a clean place to stay with good rates.

Room Tip: If you mention you have AAA you get a discount
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business