“A breakfast experience!”

Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
“A breakfast experience!”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Frittata is more the breakfast experience. It’s like being invited to enjoy breakfast prepared by Bobby Flay, Kat Cora or Mario Batali. The frittatas are a burst of unusual and delectable flavors that explode in your mouth and leave you wondering what blend of superb ingredients created this masterpiece. I like Frittata for a special breakfast; a place to wow my friends and they are always wowed.

When I read other reviews that mention the food is so-so and overpriced, and the wait staff is less than enthused, I think if you were looking for the 2.99 omelet at I-Hop, maybe you should have eaten there. I find the service attentive and helpful. My waitress had the specials of the day memorized to such a perfect extent, I wondered if she has a photographic memory. The staff knows they are working with a talented chef and they are eager to let you share the secret.

The frittatas are plated to delight. The toast comes with an intriguing blend of flavored butter and jam. While I happen to love The Breakfast Club in Madison Heights, I truly feel the chef at Frittata is the more accomplished chef.

I’m surprised this place isn’t constantly packed, at opening, on a Sunday morning. If you’re looking for a memorable breakfast, you have found the place.

• Visited January 2013

Troy, Michigan, USA
“Overpriced, Snooty, and overrated”
Reviewed July 29, 2012

I have been here in the past and it was fair, so I thought we would try it again. Not a good idea. So-so food. Inattentive waitstaff. Overpriced. Won't go back to try this again. Far too many good restaurants in the area.

• Visited July 2012
2 Thank Searaymim
Royal Oak, Michigan
“It will cost you, but so worth it!!”
Reviewed July 23, 2012

I can't count the number of times I have been to this restaurant. My parents drive an hour and a half for this place! It is a little pricey but the food is always amazing. In all the times I have gone I have never had a bad meal here. The service is hit or miss but are you going for the service or for the food? Me its the food. I can over look the service when I have a meal that makes me want more and more!! :) Anytime someone comes to visit this is the place we go!

• Visited July 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“YUM!”
Reviewed May 18, 2012

We love this place. Fresh gourmet different: It is a small place, but if there is a wait, it is worth it. Great service.

Visited March 2012
Detroit, Michigan
“Not 'All That'”
Reviewed April 27, 2012

Had heard quite a bit about the restaurant. The food is quite good, but even for brunch, things like toast are at an extra cost. Was clean & well-lit inside. Interesting decor. Nice, attentive waitstaff. Very small inside - I'm sure it's nicer during warm weather when one can sit outside. But I agree with another reviewer: Overpriced and overrated. I wouldn't go out of my way to eat here again.

• Visited March 2012