“Good comfort food - great prices”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Nick's Country Oven
Ranked #20 of 56 Restaurants in Clawson
Cuisines: American
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Wide variety of choices for lunch, very reasonable prices, great service. A great place for a casual lunch.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

Service was great, good choice on the menu. Specials from the board and large portions as always in the US!

Reviewed January 18, 2013

Living in the area, i have been here 3 times over the last year. Visit one - not happy with over and undercooked foods, dirty table/floor/entry way but figured i would go back another time as every business has a bad day here or there. Visit 2, wilted lettuce in salad, wrong item delivered, long wait for correct dish, and in the meantime i found food debris floating in my water glass - no aplogy by waitress when all of this was pointed out. I was asked how everything was at the cash register and i was honest (and polite) letting them know what had gone on - manager made no attempt to right it and i paid full price and never heard "we're sorry".
I would never have gone back, but my guest really wanted me to try it one more time as he likes the portion sizes (big eater). We went to dinner late - around 7:30pm which is apparently later than the wait staff would like you to come in - waitress was less than pleasant, again table dirty/sticky, food smudged on napkin silverware roll. No low fat salad dressing to choose from, food arrived and no surpise here - order was totally incorrect (my order was simple with no outlandish requests). Waitress was obviously not happy having to correct it, but my order came back as it was originally ordered. Food was okay, but as we ate amd tried to carry on a conversation (now 8pm) we had a waitress running a vacuum cleaner all over in this little dining room while we tried to eat! Im not sure what customer service is like in Kosovo, but here in the US im pretty sure that most people know that you DO NOT DO THINGS LIKE RUN VACUUM CLEANERS NEXT TO YOUR GUESTS TABLES WHILE THEY ARE DINING! Anyhow, of course i hail my waitress who tells me that they were told to by the boss and cannot stop the noisy vacuum. I paid my bill, told my guest "i told you so", and left that place for the last time EVER. There is a good reason that this place ranks below several other area restaurants that i consider dumps to begin with.

1  Thank matt0550
Reviewed November 18, 2012

We were visiting the area and checked out Nick's. They have many daily specials, homemade soup of the day, 4-5 to Choose from.
We had a great homemade meal!
Meatloaf with "real" mashed potatoes, soup and salad. Chicken pot pie with soup and salad - 2 dinners for $17.48

Plenty leftover for today's lunch. When in the area again we will definitely stop in.
If you are looking for wholesome, homemade food at a great price and outstanding customer service this is the place!!

1  Thank cola6769
Reviewed April 22, 2012

The first time I went in here I had an omelette that was over cooked. The hash browns weren't that good either.

I figured I would give it a second shot just to be fair. I had a grilled chicken breast and rice. The chicken was over done. The rice was horrible. They put a tomato gravy on it that was tasteless. The rice was over done as well.

I wish I could recommend this diner. It is so close to my house.

2  Thank learsrx