“Great Experience!”

Dining options: Reservations
Rochester, Michigan, United States
“Great Experience!”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

My girlfriend and I went to dinner at due venti. We had heard about the restaurant from a friend and wanted to try. It is not a big restaurant, and the seating area had a cozy atmosphere. We ordered the calamari appetizer, and we very much enjoyed it. It was very fresh tasting. I ordered the sea bass and my girlfriend ordered the lamb. Both dishes were delicious and very fresh tasting. For dessert we ordered a caramel gelato with smoked sea salt. It was one of the best desserts I have ever had.

The service was very nice. The people are friendly. But it is a leisurely dinner. We were there for over two hours. We were not in a hurry so for us it was nice.

• Visited June 2013

Clawson, Michigan, United States
“Romantic dinner”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

This food was amazing great place for a romantic dinner. The outdoor seating is wonderful and downtown clawson has really improved

Visited June 2013
Detroit, Michigan
“Reminds me of the "Slow Food Movement" & a note about wines”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Excelent dinner. For appetizers we had the squid which was poached and light and came with delicious garrnishes, the cauliflower fritters, and the white anchovies which were fresh and tart, we loved them. Portions were enough to share with another person.

For entrees we chose the rabbitt, the short rib which was one large rib perfectly cooked almost fall of the bone but was caramelized and crunchy on the outside, by far the best short rib we've tasted,
and the Barramundi. I thought this was well prepared and very good but not exciting yet my companions liked it .The skin was seared to a crunch but the flesh was moist and tender.
Next time i'll order something else.

We had the caramel-fennel ice cream, never tasted ice cream that was so special, and lemon tart which I found a tad dry.

Now, about the wines. I found the wine list hard because the whites and reds are together and go in progression, white to red. They are on the expensive side with more bottles well over $50. and few below. I was looking for white but the cheaper ones were Chardonay which I don't like and I this was taking a lot of time so we ordered the French Brut bubbly for $45. ( and it was my birthday) It was OK at first, undistingished, an every day table wine but fine and we didn't give it much thought but by the time the entree arrived the wine had turned sort of sweet and it became a turn-off. A decent Brut champagne or cava should remain crisp, retain a few bubbles for at least a while and pair well with fish but this was not the case. I noticed that other tables were having a drink rather than wine and the portions seemed generous, perhaps they knew something I didn't.
Dessert wines on the list were many and priced well. My husband ordererd something called Saronno for $7. It was good but nothing memorable, fine for the cost.

We liked that the service is good, the ambiance is quiet and you can enjoy conversation in a relaxing environment. After we were seated the server asked if we wanted to pace our dinner with leisure which I thought was great. We will defitely go back but may order a drink rather than wine.
The check for 3 was around $175. before taxes.

• Visited May 2013
Detroit, MI
“Dining Experience!”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

With a menu that changes quarterly, you can always get something different, and you definitely would want to, because everything is good, and more of good is always better. It's a slower meal than most are used to, as dinner can take around 3-4 hours. It is extremely relaxing and enjoyable however. At the price, it is not an all the time place (unless you have more money than I do...), but it is great for special occasions.

• Visited March 2013
MI
“Love The Place But...”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

I have come here several times and find the food to be either perfect or “what was the chef thinking”. The dishes are creative and the menu changes with the seasons. The rabbit is great as was the short ribs but the Piedmontese steak with espresso was way too strong as were the green beans that came with it. Service is first rate (Tracy is the best). Must try is the Cauliflower Fritter along with the White Anchovies. The Tagliatelle could use a bit more boldness

Visited December 2012