“Excellent Local watering Hole in Clawson”

Black Lotus Brewing Company
Ranked #6 of 57 Restaurants in Clawson
Cuisines: Brew Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed April 10, 2014

We were staying a mile away in Troy on Stephenson Highway. The Black Lotus is located on the corner of North Main and 14 mile. Signage is hard to make out. We drove past it 3 times before we spotted it. This is an excellent brewpub that also features locally made spirits. We stuck with Vodka from Valentine Distilling down the road. They had an Elderflower vodka called white meadow that was excellent. Great atmosphere and they had an Irish band playing live music. It was busy for a Wednesday but not overcrowded.

Reviewed February 16, 2014

The BBQ nachos are great...the beer selection is great and now with the virtual golf it is a great place to enjoy with friends anytime.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

This is one of my favorite places to go. The beers are excellent and they are made on site, so there is always a new beer to try.

I'm a great fan of brew pubs, and this is a good one. Once we asked about the beer, and the brewmaster actually came out and talked to us about it.. That was really unusual, but he does show that he loves his craft.

There's a big screen above the bar that always seems to have sports on. The service is really good, and the servers are solicitous in a way that indicates sincerity. There is often music later on at night, including an open mike night on Mondays. Personally I go to have a beer and talk with a friend, and when the music starts we can't hear each other talk very well, so that appeals to me less, but if you like to listen to live music, this is your spot. We just go earlier to avoid it.

The food is.... food. Not legendary, but quite good. The burger I had there once was really good and juicy, and the nachos I had another time were sufficiently "nacho-y," but for me, this isn't about the food.
All in all, I heartily recommend it.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

We love going here year-round for the food and "made on-site" beer but their October brew is SO good. Favorite foods include the Black Bean Burger (like none I've ever had) and the Wasabi Salmon Wrap. Sweet potato fries are a great add-on, as well.

And Black Lotus has a wonderful neighborhood ambiance.

Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

Easy access, ready parking, good options for vegetarians and their meat eating friends!! House black bean burger and nachos very good. If you don't like too much spice, ask for half or none of the jalapeños. Excellent.