Review Highlights
One of Adelaide's secrets.

Reviewed July 6, 2019
Jacqueline F
Port Noarlunga, Australia
Beautiful, clean and a must to visit

Reviewed February 24, 2019
jackr763
Wollongong, Australia
via mobile

All reviews beautiful beach southern end access points public toilets nude beach turquoise water nudist section cliffs australia thousands picnic
Selected filters
Reviewed July 6, 2019

Maslin beach has two access points. You can either hike in about a km on flat firm sand from the Maslin Beach car park ( which also has the family friendly beach, no nudes for a few hundred metres ) OR you can clamber down the steps and paths from the upper carpark off Tuit Rd right into the middle of the naturist beach. My knees dont cope with the stairs, so we take the soft option of hiking along the flat sand.

It is true that the gay boys tend to gravitate to the southern most end, out of the sight of almost everyone, but I have walked the entire length of this unclad beach, including right down to the southern end, and into the gay area, Completely on my own, as a single female, and I have never felt anything but safe. I do my walk, they dont bother me.

Regardless, this is one of the better beaches in Adelaide and having travelled Australia, I'd dare to say it is one of Australia's better beaches. There is a reason why they filmed the Gallipoli movie cliff scenes here. It is pristine, rugged and the coloured sand cliffs are astonishing. Natural, undeveloped and just scenic.

The best time to be here is after one of Adelaide's, famous 40 plus degree days. Come down an hour before sunset, the water and air are still warm but the sand isnt scorching any more. A few light beers for the boys, bubbly for the girls and a fish and chip dinner on the way home to end a hot Adelaide day.

Tip... if you are coming for the nude olympics in late January or early Feb... bring a beach shade as Adelaide summers are utterly ferocious. Also pack some white sports socks. The sand is WAY too hot to even walk on without socks. You might think you will look a bit silly wearing white socks on a nude beach but when its that hot in Adelaide, your tootsies will thank you for it. Besides, everyone else has socks on if its THAT hot and it often is. Everyone underestimates how hot Adelaide is.

Date of experience: March 2019
1  Thank Jacqueline F
Reviewed February 24, 2019 via mobile

We got recommended this beach from a local and it didn’t disappoint. The beach is beautiful, clean and easy to get too. Park at the top has a cold Shower to rinse of and a toilet block.

Date of experience: February 2019
Reviewed February 2, 2019

We visited mid week on a hot day and it was almost empty except for a few people at the unclad end of the beach . We walked the beach both ways as far as we could enjoyin the peace and then just lazed around. My husband doesn't enjoy sitting on beaches but liked this one . There are toilet facilities but nothing else which is just the way we like it. JUst fantastic .

Date of experience: January 2019
Reviewed January 16, 2019

Have gone many times when living in Sth Aust, When i first starte going to the clothing optional section of Maslin Beach when i was 18 years of age it was family friendly, but in the latter years it has become a mecca for males looking for cheap sexual thrills. I stopped going there as even though i am a married male, my wife would not venture there. This making me feel uncomfortable as is felt everyone was judging me as one of those males. Just because i felt out of place i still believe Maslin Beach to be one of the best kept and cleanest beaches in Australia and people looking for the relaxing experience of being naked on the clothes optional section should not be put off by my report, ignore the peacock males and enjoy their time at this beach as thousands of others do.

Date of experience: February 2018
Reviewed January 13, 2019 via mobile

Wanted to try the unclad beach, as it was fabulous 40c and something I wanted to try . It was a great experience feeling the sun and water without a bathing suit . Didn’t feel inhibited and certainly was a memorable experience . If you don’t try it you will never know .

Date of experience: January 2019