“The most authentic Italian experience in Oakland county”
Review of Via Bologna

Via Bologna
Ranked #9 of 81 Restaurants in Clarkston
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 29, 2014

Via Bologna has an unassuming presence in the White Lake Commons shopping center off of Dixie Highway and White Lake Road. As soon as you step inside, you find a small but elegant restaurant reminiscent of a what you'd find in Tuscany. They have a six-place bar (my favorite spot) and maybe a dozen comfortable table settings. This place has quickly moved to the top of my list as my favorite restaurant in the area. Both the menu and wine selection is comprehensive, and I have yet to try anything that isn't spectacular. In particular, the lasagna is heavenly. Be sure to also try one of their four versions of bruschetta. Food aside, the staff is also very friendly and attentive. Highly recommended.

1  Thank Aviator26

Reviewed October 31, 2013

liked - absolutely delicious! Their chefs excel on taste and presentation. Good variety on menu, intimate atmosphere, really great service and customer care.
disliked - not open enough - best kept secret in Clarkston

1  Thank Peter M
Reviewed October 14, 2013

My husband and i ate here this past summer and it was to die for! Great wine selection, terrific service, delicious bread, and wonderful food. A true hidden jewel, it is in a strip mall, but I knew they had an excellent reputation, and they did not disappoint!

1  Thank Gina B
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We have been going there for years, its changed names a few times. Sometimes i love the food and other times its just ok, not sure why. We go there once in a while ... normally when the other places are busy. I think its a little on the expensive side for the specials most of the time.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

Via Bologna is not a large restaurant. But, it sure is a nice restaurant. The tables, the staff and the great food selections make Via Bologna a Special Place in my book. It has the atmosphere that might be considered "romantic". We enjoyed the ability to sit at a table where we felt that we were the only ones in the whole restaurant. .We will be back...thoroughly enjoyed the experience!

3  Thank Chuck C

Been to Via Bologna? Share your experiences!