“Great Golfcourse”

Shepherd's Hollow Golf Club
Ranked #2 of 9 things to do in Clarkston
More attraction details
Owner description: Shepherd's Hollow has been recognized as one of the Top 100 Public Golf Club's in the United States by Golf Digest. Set on more than 350 rolling acres, at one of the highest elevations in Oakland County, Shepherd's Hollow is among the most unique golfing experiences in the state of Michigan. 27 Holes tucked into a towering forest of pine and oak offers the golfer a natural setting that provides a sense of tranquility. Shepherd's Hollow is a true destination course. The golf is only part of the story. Our secluded club house offers beautiful surroundings with complete dining facilities. Our relaxing open air veranda and pine covered terrace allow each diner to enjoy the splendor of nature with a wide variety of expertly prepared culinary delights. We think you'll agree that dinner here is more than a meal, it's a unique dining experience.
Wittlingen
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Great Golfcourse”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Lovely course with diversified 27 holes. A must play if you are a golfer and in this area. The service on the coures and in the restaurant is great

2 Thank OJK2507

Clarkston, Michigan
62 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 212 helpful votes
“Great Golf Course in Clarkston, MI”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

This is my home course. I play it all the time. It is a great course. It is like playing up north in Southeast Michigan. It is a little tougher than most courses and a little toward the professional side.

They are 27 holes. I prefer to play 1 thru 18, in that order. Hole 18 is my favorite hole. It is a par 5 and if you hit the green in two, you are playing great. In my opinion, 19 tru 27 are a little easier than the first 18.

Laura Thompson from "Golf Now" on the golf channel stopped here when they did a show from Michigan.

They do not have a cart on the course serving beverages. The food in the club house is always good. The service is always friendly.

If you enjoy golfing, you should make this couse one of your stops.

3 Thank JeffreyTravel
Bloomfield Hills, MI
52 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 65 helpful votes
“27 nice holes, good food”
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Shepherd's has 27 holes of good golf. Lots of elevation changes for a place in southern Mi. Some water. 2 of the 9's are more challenging, scenic than the other 9 (sorry I forget which 9 is less good as I haven't been in a year or so - but even the "bad" 9 is NOT bad). Clubhouse is nice as well. Food is good. Only downside is the course is a touch pricier than similar courses in the area, but as it's highly rated you can't miss seeing, playing it.

1 Thank GregfromDTW
orchard lake
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“best course near oakland county”
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Beautiful and challenging course. Always well maintained. It will give you great experience if you are average or great golfer. Club house serves you delicious food.

1 Thank mariko c
Ferndale, Michigan, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“27 holes of true bliss”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

just finished playing 27 holes for the first time at shepherds hollow and wow was i impressed. I am a memeber of a country club and to go to this course, having bag caddies, and a clubhouse like that I thought I could use my member number here! now on to the course.
we played the gold tees and its almost 7,000 yrds, the fairways were perfect and boy there is not an even lie anywhere (this course is not for your weekend warriors) , the greens held great and i thought the only downfall was the bunkers but they were not bad. I am a 10 handicap and this course gave me a run for my money. !!! the views were amazing, I never write reviews on courses but this one i had to. it is highly recommended! I used to think the coyote preserve was nice, but this track is easily hands down the best public course to play in this area!!!!!!!!!!!
J