“27 nice holes, good food”

Shepherd's Hollow Golf Club
Ranked #2 of 9 things to do in Clarkston
More attraction details
Owner description: Shepherd's Hollow has been recognized as one of the Top 100 Public Golf Club's in the United States by Golf Digest. Set on more than 350 rolling acres, at one of the highest elevations in Oakland County, Shepherd's Hollow is among the most unique golfing experiences in the state of Michigan. 27 Holes tucked into a towering forest of pine and oak offers the golfer a natural setting that provides a sense of tranquility. Shepherd's Hollow is a true destination course. The golf is only part of the story. Our secluded club house offers beautiful surroundings with complete dining facilities. Our relaxing open air veranda and pine covered terrace allow each diner to enjoy the splendor of nature with a wide variety of expertly prepared culinary delights. We think you'll agree that dinner here is more than a meal, it's a unique dining experience.
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Shepherd's has 27 holes of good golf. Lots of elevation changes for a place in southern Mi. Some water. 2 of the 9's are more challenging, scenic than the other 9 (sorry I forget which 9 is less good as I haven't been in a year or so - but even the "bad" 9 is NOT bad). Clubhouse is nice as well. Food is good. Only downside is the course is a touch pricier than similar courses in the area, but as it's highly rated you can't miss seeing, playing it.

1  Thank GregfromDTW
There are newer reviews for Shepherd's Hollow Golf Club

Reviewed September 16, 2012

Beautiful and challenging course. Always well maintained. It will give you great experience if you are average or great golfer. Club house serves you delicious food.

1  Thank mariko c
Reviewed September 9, 2012

just finished playing 27 holes for the first time at shepherds hollow and wow was i impressed. I am a memeber of a country club and to go to this course, having bag caddies, and a clubhouse like that I thought I could use my member number here! now on to the course.
we played the gold tees and its almost 7,000 yrds, the fairways were perfect and boy there is not an even lie anywhere (this course is not for your weekend warriors) , the greens held great and i thought the only downfall was the bunkers but they were not bad. I am a 10 handicap and this course gave me a run for my money. !!! the views were amazing, I never write reviews on courses but this one i had to. it is highly recommended! I used to think the coyote preserve was nice, but this track is easily hands down the best public course to play in this area!!!!!!!!!!!
J

1  Thank John A
Reviewed July 11, 2012

Fun course that is always in excellent condition. A favorite for our annual department golf tournament.

1  Thank Michael H
Reviewed July 2, 2012

From the time the attendant removes your bag to the last putt on the 18th, this will be an impressive day. The course has 27 holes therefore you are never seem rushed. The fariways and greens were in great shape. The bunkers are in the process of being redone, so there a few that are unplayable. At the end of your round go into into the plantation stye clubhouse and relax with a cold one and lunch or dinner. Good food food and great service. A MUST play!!

2  Thank Ragu_ON