“Excellent! Will go back many, many times!”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Kruse & Muer Deer Lake Inn
Ranked #4 of 79 Restaurants in Clarkston
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Lapeer, Michigan
“Excellent! Will go back many, many times!”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

My friends and I had been trying to get into this place for weeks but they were always on a wait. We heard that they take some reservations so we decided to try this route. Our reservation was at 7, we arrived at 645 and were able to be seated right on time at 7 o'clock!
The atmosphere is fun and the decor is really cool.
I had the fish tacos for my dinner & they were amazing! The cool thing is that they have 2 different types on the much and they let me order one of each as my meal. The server was really helpful with this as she suggested I do one of each even though it wasn't listed on the menu they did it for me anyways. I started with a Caesar salad which was awesome. They have really unique homemade croutons with fresh Parmesan cheese. My friends ordered the sliders and the blackened steak with fries. Everything was so great! The steak was seasoned & coked perfectly. They have some really great wines on their menu & I fell in love with their pumpkin martini!
Definitely recommend checking this place out! Great staff & awesome food. My friends and I will definitely be back.

• Visited January 2013

Rochester Hills, Michigan
“Fish Tacos!”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We had the spicy fish tacos and they were terrific. The cool and crisp ingredients with the hot flavorful fish were very refreshing. Too bd it was snowing outside. The tacos would be perfect on a hot day outside.

• Visited February 2013
Flint, MI
“Nice atmosphere but not blown away by the food”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Deer Lake Inn is a lovely setting for a nice meal, quaint and blessedly quiet. Thank you for that. I had the fresh catch Lake Superior trout. The salad lettuce was wilted and not cold or crisp. Bread is very good. Trout, vegetables and what they called rice pilaf was adequate but nothing memorable. Excellent coffee. Berry cobbler dessert was okay. They should bring in dessert from The Crust in Fenton. Service was excellent.

Davisburg, Michigan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“first week jitters”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

We went the first week they opened. Service was more than slow , my hamburger was not cooked I asked for medium and it was raw, not rare, raw. My husband got someone's order not his. Hopefully they turned it around because we have not been back.

Visited September 2012
Clarkston, Michigan
“fine meal”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

soon after opening, my husband and I tried out the new Deer Lake Inn in Clarkston. While I have been to many other Kruse and Muer restaurants, this one offered a few different menu choices and we were very pleased. The butternut squash soup was even better than mine, my husbands salmon salad was perfect. The service is outstanding and the atmosphere pleasing. We would certainly go back especially for a special occasion.

• Visited November 2012